Venus Return

Ronia

What's your experience with the Venus returns? I just started playing with them a few months ago and I do see patterns which really surprised me. In fact, they seem to be more clear to me than the Solar returns which I thought I knew quite well since I've spent much time on them. As I loom back, I can clearly see how the Venus returns developed in real life. They did play out. I'm impressed.

dadsnook2000

They sometimes work quite well

It has been my limited experience with Venus Returns that they work well IF Venus is significant in the natal chart --- on an angle, tightly aspected with other planets, etc.

I believe that, if Venus Returns work for you, the question to ask is how are you going to use it predictively? Will you look for transits to the Venus Return, will you progress or advance it some manner? As a "Return" chart, it is a cyclic chart --- however, its cycle is not necessarily regular in nature. What role will Venus play in a Return chart relative to its Sun position? You may not have answers now, but being aware of these questions, in my experience, helps to find what works in these cyclic charts. Good luck. Dave M.

ravenest

What's your experience with the Venus returns?.

My experience is that the significance of or intensity with them is dependant on the Venus dynamic in the make up. A friend who has, what I call, an unregulated Venus (some might say badly or weakly aspected Venus) had massive issues during her last Venus return. Some seem to hardly notice them.

Ronia

Hi Dave :) The thing is that I have Venus which is in Virgo in the 8th, not her best placement. If I use whole houses, she will be in the 9th. However, she is in mutual reception with Mercury in the 9th (or 10th) and trining the Asc and the IC. She's aspecting all four angles of the chart and inconjunct Jupiter in the 3rd. I've always felt her strong as an 8th house player (other people's resources). Otherwise, not so much. It's interesting that during the past few years, I noticed her transits became more significant and actually strated bringing events. I then looked at progressions and directions, and indeed, she was aspected. So, up till now I have looked at transits (her), progressions and directions. I also take notice of the placement and aspects of Venus in the SR. But I was quite surprised to look back at her own return charts and see that they actually played out both as a house placement and much as a sign. Hm. More to consider.

ravenest, from my experience, things may change due to progressions and directions to a planet. If you also look at ancient technics as Firdaria or Time Lords, this may also change the picture. It's not only the natal placement or it's influenced during our life. Otherwise, we would always experience the same thing from a planet. At least, this is my experience.

ravenest

Hi Dave :)

ravenest, from my experience, things may change due to progressions and directions to a planet. If you also look at ancient technics as Firdaria or Time Lords, this may also change the picture. It's not only the natal placement or it's influenced during our life. Otherwise, we would always experience the same thing from a planet. At least, this is my experience.
yes ... that's an important thing to remember ... also the stage of development ( child, transiting puberty, adulthood) , still all these things change as time moves on. But there is one constant or common denominator that doesn't change.