Victoria Regina on ebay

Mystic Zyl

omg, really 1,500.? lol, glad i got mine for 24.00 a few years ago.....there is a norse deck on ebay too...it was listed for 150. 00 it was relisted for starting price 45.00 buy it now for 70.00

Just went back to look at the ad again...that seller has not sold anything on ebay...I would not buy from someone without a track record and it is a stock photo of the deck...do they really have the deck?

AJ

What people ask and what people get are often two totally unrelated numbers.
I didn't look at the link, sounds like a sealed deck? Problem with long out of print decks, if there are any cards missing you are out of luck. As a seller I wouldn't refund, if buyer knew they were getting a sealed deck.

Mystic Zyl

Take a close look at ad and seller rating, very strange.
Sorry, but the first thing to list is for 1500.00 and it is not a pic of the actual deck, but a stock photo from a website....

gregory

What's strange ? The seller is new to ebay as of 26th June.

ACTUALLY that probably explains the price :D

karen0205

What people ask and what people get are often two totally unrelated numbers.
I didn't look at the link, sounds like a sealed deck? Problem with long out of print decks, if there are any cards missing you are out of luck. As a seller I wouldn't refund, if buyer knew they were getting a sealed deck.

The problem with the sealed decks is that the buyer can file an 'item not as described' case and they will get their money back. It's not really up to the seller if they refund or not. Ebay will do it if the buyer has a legitimate reason and an incomplete deck would be not as described. That's why I open just about every deck I have. All I do is make sure the cards are there. The MRP decks are notorious for missing or damaged cards. I would never sell a sealed copy of any of their decks. Plus if you sell a sealed deck, lets say this $1500 Victoria Regina, how do you know if it was really missing a card or if the person has buyers remorse and is trying to figure out a way to return it? I know that every deck I send out is complete and I put in my description that I have checked the deck so that eliminates at least one issue.

Evidently you can list up to $5000 worth of items on ebay as a new seller with no feedback. That's pretty ridiculous.

AJ

Ah.
But...if the listing indicated there was no guarantee because the deck "was" sealed you would have a pretty strong case as a seller.
I agree with you though, be sure before you list it. The value difference would be minimal.
And a neg costs for a long time.

That deck used to be in my top 10, but the last time I used it I thought "what was I thinking" and sold it, here I think.

karen0205

Ah.
But...if the listing indicated there was no guarantee because the deck "was" sealed you would have a pretty strong case as a seller.
I agree with you though, be sure before you list it. The value difference would be minimal.
And a neg costs for a long time.

That deck used to be in my top 10, but the last time I used it I thought "what was I thinking" and sold it, here I think.

Yes I guess you could disclose that. Problem is there are kooky people out there. Even though they know the deck was sealed they are still disappointed and think it's your fault. The buyer can leave negative feedback and low ratings which can affect your ability to sell. I don't know, I would rather know what is being shipped out than have to worry about possible issues. It is something to think about though. thanks

I had the V Regina a couple times. I get it and love the majors but the swords are the problem for me. I don't get the whole gun thing. It's weird. The majors are all these pretty victorian engravings and then you have the swords with the guns instead of swords. I was always confused by that and found it distracting when I was trying to read with them. I sold them both times I have had them.