Where is the relationship headed?

Leviosa

Sitter feeling very disappointed with the state of things. Just seeking some clarity. But must admit this combo puzzles me.

where is the relationship (not romantic) headed?

9 of Cups - 5 of Cups - 3 of Pentacles

One will become solitary and find fulfillment in that (9) while the other will be left with disappointment and sentiments related to "spilt milk" (5). This will leave them in an unbalanced relationship where one is "above" the other and it will be devoid of cups (3).

This was a 9 card RWS spread. Thoughts?

mary_leo

Not knowing the position of the cards, I would say that there's a wish for a type of relationship 9 some regret about past events 5 and a beneficial connection, good exchange 3.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

Enlightenment23

The person that you're in a relationship with is depicted as the 9 of Cups here. I get the feeling that, unfortunately, that person is satisfied, or at the very least, content or "okay" with how the relationship currently stands. And I get the feeling that you might not be getting a lot of effort from the person in terms of making the relationship work - that's because they are the type to enjoy their own company and not need others to make them feel complete.

The 5 of Cups, I believe, could be yourself. You are looking in the past, wondering how things went wrong, what you could do to fix it. However, there's not much action on your part either. But the weight on you is more emotionally painful.

I suspect that the 3 of Pentacles, as I mentioned earlier, shows issues with the person in question putting in effort into the relationship. This relationship seems to be a "work in progress" that never really gets seen to completion.

In short, this relationship is headed where one party is "okay" with how the relationship is, but the other (could be you) is regretful. The relationship will be left in a state of being "in construction," but never really solidified.

Leviosa

Not knowing the position of the cards, I would say that there's a wish for a type of relationship 9 some regret about past events 5 and a beneficial connection, good exchange 3.

not out of the realm of possibility. do you always associate the 5C with the past?

Leviosa

The person that you're in a relationship with is depicted as the 9 of Cups here. I get the feeling that, unfortunately, that person is satisfied, or at the very least, content or "okay" with how the relationship currently stands. And I get the feeling that you might not be getting a lot of effort from the person in terms of making the relationship work - that's because they are the type to enjoy their own company and not need others to make them feel complete.

The 5 of Cups, I believe, could be yourself. You are looking in the past, wondering how things went wrong, what you could do to fix it. However, there's not much action on your part either. But the weight on you is more emotionally painful.

I suspect that the 3 of Pentacles, as I mentioned earlier, shows issues with the person in question putting in effort into the relationship. This relationship seems to be a "work in progress" that never really gets seen to completion.

In short, this relationship is headed where one party is "okay" with how the relationship is, but the other (could be you) is regretful. The relationship will be left in a state of being "in construction," but never really solidified.

A work in progress is an excellent way to put it. Especially if we consider the third card as the future and ultimate answer to the question.

What do you think would be the difference between a work in progress as represented by this 3 of P versus the 8 of P? I think the 8 could represent that as well.

Amanda

Sitter feeling very disappointed with the state of things. Just seeking some clarity. But must admit this combo puzzles me.

where is the relationship (not romantic) headed?

9 of Cups - 5 of Cups - 3 of Pentacles

One will become solitary and find fulfillment in that (9) while the other will be left with disappointment and sentiments related to "spilt milk" (5). This will leave them in an unbalanced relationship where one is "above" the other and it will be devoid of cups (3).

This was a 9 card RWS spread. Thoughts?

Underlying psychology of this spread might be:

I want (9 of Cups) to let go of desires/wishes (5 of Cups) and make things beautiful (3 of Pentacles). That may be what is /needed/ here.

The 9 of Cups suggests that there is going to be an issue with getting what one wants in this relationship; there may be too much focus on personal happiness, desires or wishes and not enough focus on enjoying each other. The 5 is showing the difference between the 9 and the 3. The 9 is not unpleasant really, but it's not cooperative like the 3 of Pentacles. It's not responsive like the 3 of Pentacles. The Quint of the first pair (9 + 5) is Temperance. Temperance is fire, and these two are water -- there's too much water, emotion/fantasy going on here, and not enough practical application. A desire, a wish, no matter how strong, is not going to get this relationship anywhere without practical application and working for it. There may also be an underlying negative assumption here of, "What I want (9), I can't have (5)" that is really just... unattractive... for someone in this situation... it's a "poor me" attitude and it comes from wishing or fantasizing too hard about what is wanted without taking practical steps.

I feel there is a third person in this set, based on 3 spilled cups and the 3 of Pentacles, but not like another love interest getting thrown in the mix. Like a friend or advisor (the professional in the 3) -- someone that's going to say, "Sorry, but you need to get your head out of your a**, that's simply not possible, not without these required steps you need to take." The Quint of these two (5 + 3) is Strength, and this person is going to play to someone's strengths and say, "What /do/ you have? What /can/ you do?" They don't care about a "poor me" attitude, they will be a positive influence that reinforces someone's true strengths and talents here, and using them to one's advantage. This third person is someone that has a good handle on mixing art and reality; bringing dreams down and making them real. They might be super wise and sought after for their advice, or simply a friend that knows one or both of the other people in this relationship pretty well.

The Quint of the entire set is Star -- this amplifies how out of touch with reality the 9 of Cups is. It amplifies a needed change in perspective with the 5 (especially with regard to letting go of control over what /may/ or /may not/ happen), and it shows what it will take to make things work in the 3 -- which may begin with "guidance" from a trusted source that knows what the heck they're talking about, and they should definitely be listened to. One may be inclined to ignore them because they will be viewed as someone outside the situation and so perhaps they don't /really/ know -- but they do, so give credit where it's due and pay attention. The 3 of Pentacles is about enjoying your work, and that enjoyment making it better. If an artist paints a picture but doesn't enjoy painting pictures, then how good is that artist's paintings, really? Probably not very good. Just like, if someone really wants a relationship but they cannot let go of control enough to enjoy it, then how good is that relationship really going to be?

mary_leo

not out of the realm of possibility. do you always associate the 5C with the past?
Well normally in my readings I get the 5c for regret. I believe it also depends on the position of the cards.