Which Crystal for Balance

Lunalyn

hich crystal would you recommend for balance or grounding? I don't know much about crystals and what they do.
thanks
lyn

Winterchild

Grounding

I use both Clear Quartz and Smoky Quartz for grounding, and Citrine balances Yin and Yang energies.

One of the best grounding rocks is supposed to be Black Obsidian.... I have a large rough piece of this and it lives on my kitchen table....

Padma

Those were all awesome suggestions, Winterchild!

Myself I use black tourmalines and rubies to balance and ground...they needn't be fancy or expensive, mine are just chunks of raw cloudy ruby. And you can go read up on both obsidian and black tourmaline, they are in the crystal studies thread :)

I also find garnet and black agate very useful for this too :)

I wish I could use the obsidian, but it puts me off ;p however I love smokey topazes, too.

Lunalyn, I think it is best to go to a crystal store, and look at all the grey, black, and dark red stones - all of which correspond to the root chakra, and therefore are grounding...and choose the ones that are the most intriguing and attractive to you :) crystals are such personal things! :laugh:

wildchilde

hich crystal would you recommend for balance or grounding? I don't know much about crystals and what they do.
thanks
lyn

I don't mean to sound dense, but what exactly are you attempting to balance? (chakras, auric field, relationships, emotions/hormones, blood sugar, etc) There are a lot of different crystals that do a lot of different things. It helps to know what one means when they say they want "balance". :)

To me, and, judging by the answers you received already, to others, balance and grounding are not necessarily the same thing. I do agree with Lotus, you would likely benefit from visiting your local metaphysical shop and seeing how you personally react to certain stones. Believe me, the ones you need will let you know ;)

Winterchild

Black Obsidian

Those were all awesome suggestions, Winterchild!

Myself I use black tourmalines and rubies to balance and ground...they needn't be fancy or expensive, mine are just chunks of raw cloudy ruby. And you can go read up on both obsidian and black tourmaline, they are in the crystal studies thread :)

I also find garnet and black agate very useful for this too :)

I wish I could use the obsidian, but it puts me off ;p however I love smokey topazes, too.

Lunalyn, I think it is best to go to a crystal store, and look at all the grey, black, and dark red stones - all of which correspond to the root chakra, and therefore are grounding...and choose the ones that are the most intriguing and attractive to you :) crystals are such personal things! :laugh:

I have trouble using my black obsidian..... I wondered if it is because it because.. I cannot see through it though it does reflect... hmmmm...

Padma

I don't mean to sound dense, but what exactly are you attempting to balance? (chakras, auric field, relationships, emotions/hormones, blood sugar, etc) There are a lot of different crystals that do a lot of different things. It helps to know what one means when they say they want "balance". :)

To me, and, judging by the answers you received already, to others, balance and grounding are not necessarily the same thing. I do agree with Lotus, you would likely benefit from visiting your local metaphysical shop and seeing how you personally react to certain stones. Believe me, the ones you need will let you know ;)

hmmm...well, to me, being grounded does balance one...and to me, work done on the root chakra grounds one nicely. But, it is good to work with all the chakras in order to stay "balanced" actually...and occasionally give it all a good cleanse with Kyanite. :)

And, youbetcha, the crystals choose YOU - you don't choose them! Well noted, WildC :)

I have trouble using my black obsidian..... I wondered if it is because it because.. I cannot see through it though it does reflect... hmmmm...

lol! Use it for scrying, maybe...? Many do, I believe... ;)

DownwardSpiral

I just read this thread and was thinking the same thing as wildchilde as far as balance.

When I was working with rose quartz to heal my heart I still felt very "off" and in another thread wildchilde mentioned rhodonite. I put the two together and I felt like me again....and to me that was the balance I was looking for.

As far as grounding....axinite for me was very grounding and I would have to go back and read but I want to say the tigers eye or carnelian as well.

I've carried black obsidian in my pocket and it didn't make me feel grounded like the axinite did.

Lunalyn

thanks to everyone for all these great answers. there's so much to learn.
I went to a new age shop yesterday and bought Smokey Quartz. I'll carry it around in my pocket and see how it goes.
thanks again for all your replies.
lyn

DownwardSpiral

thanks to everyone for all these great answers. there's so much to learn.
I went to a new age shop yesterday and bought Smokey Quartz. I'll carry it around in my pocket and see how it goes.
thanks again for all your replies.
lyn

You can always come back and open a crystal study group thread on smokey quartz and share your experiences with it. I have a small piece of smokey quartz but haven't worked with it...though seeing it I would love to have a crystal ball of smokey quartz : )

exotik1

red and green garnet tumbled crystals, and a smoky quartz and also hematite pendulums, red garnet in particular is great for grounding.

~advertising removed by moderator~