WHY do I need to entries for each reading?

Holland

Okay I know, its purely to see the journey of of progress of me as a reader and my spiritual life.
I journal everyday. I write my down my dreams, my prayers to our creator, general thoughts, goals ect... and now to write down my entries, I know it sounds silly, but it kinda over whelms me. I think I am getting burnt out with writing.
How can I make this easier for me? Why is it benefiting(taking away the progress?)? Did I miss a question? Please feel free to add on more reasons I may have forgotten.
Blessings my friends.

re-pete-a

It's a trick of the mind...to keep you unsure of yourself...and away from your intuitions...

Your intuitions are suggesting that you drop it...

Your logic says that you need it...

Nice mental game that one...so who's the boss ? Who decides ?

Grizabella

You don't have to write anything down or journal at all. Just do what feels right to you. There's no right or wrong way. We're all conditioned to thinking we have to "study" like we're in school, but that's the very worst thing you can do for learning to follow your intuition. You have to learn to use the right side of your brain. When you're doing all this studying and writing, you're using the left side of your brain.

One of the hardest things with Tarot is learning to access the right side of your brain where your intuition lies, and then once you access that, you have to learn to take that information back over to the left side of your brain to put what you've seen into words. It takes a lot of practice to do that---to get both halves of the brain working together.

nisaba

If writing is a burden to you, don't do it. The spiritual life is meant to be fun.

Barleywine

If writing is a burden to you, don't do it. The spiritual life is meant to be fun.

Some of the simplest and best advice you'll ever get. If there's no joy in it, it's not worth doing. It will only frustrate you, and life is too short to have to deal with that on a regular basis. I've tried journaling off and on, but now I think it's "off" for good. The only time i do any extensive writing is to create a record of a reading, either for a querent or to post here. I hit on a new strategy for creating a personal knowledge base: I built an editable electronic notebook of information I found (and keep on finding) in various web pages and forums, then amend and expand it with my own observations as necessary to agree with my personal experience. This way I have personalized reference material tailored to my needs without a lot of labor. This is a good way to conquer "keyword paralysis" because you can take a broad consensus of opinion and easily blend and mold it to suit you, synthesizing and internalizing as you go (which, after all, is one of the main objectives of journaling.)

Richard

Pay attention to your feelings. If you seem to be getting burned out by a certain activity, it is a sign that it may not be doing you any good, so stop doing it. Although not a conscious process, your mind will retain whatever is needed for your spiritual progress. If you really need to write something down, your mind will prompt you to do so, and it will be a pleasure, not a hassle. As others have said, relax and enjoy the ride.

swedishfish612

You don't have to do anything! If it feels like a burden, don't do it. I don't always journal my readings, especially those for others. And sometimes I don't even journal my daily draws. I almost always record longer, non-daily draw readings for myself, so I can come back later and see if I was accurate or how the situation worked out.

I will say, though, that I get a LOT out of journalling my daily draws. I tend to really look deeply at a card when I'm writing about it, and I get more insight that way. But if I'm tired or too busy, I skip it. No big deal.

Calcifer

I "journal" if/when I have the time - here's why:

If you do say, a three card reading in the morning for how your day is going to pan out, you'll look at the cards, interpret them and get a feeling for the upcoming day. If you've even just written down the cards themselves - then later (any time frame), you can go back and see how it went. The best part is that it gives you retrospect; especially if things didn't go as you'd expected. If the day went way different that you'd interpreted, then you get even further insight into the cards meanings and your interpretation of them - a great learning tool (both in regard to the cards meanings and your own thought processes). All in all, it will make you a much more effective and experienced reader. I never write down my interpretations - just the card layout - but I go back and look regularly - and re-evaluate my initial impressions. It has helped me immensely !!

Michael