working on the phone lines

psychic sue

Anyone else do this here?

I've been doing it for a while but I am finding it hard going. It just seems to be relationships. I often feel I am not giving a good reading (well not as good as face to face anyway). Is it just me?

nisaba

It's just that you were worried about it the first time and not compeltely relaxed.

Get yourself a phone that can be worked hands-free, or a headset. Have a nicely set-out table, and a deck you're completely happy with. Take time after they make the appointment but before the reading happens to settle yourself: have a cup of something hot, go to the toilet. Then lay out cards exactly as if they were there, and discuss teh fall of the cards exactly as if they were there. If you would normally pick up a card at a given stage to show it to them, pick it up anyway, even if they can't see it.

If you're a technophile and have a gee-whizz-yew-beaut phone that does visuals and they do too, prop the phone up on something so they can see at least a part of the spread and how your hands are moving as you're talking.

You'll get comfortable with it. distance is no object. I've read by email for people that I only knew as nicknames on the internet, with not even any voice contact. It works, What isn't working for you, is your trust in teh process. Work on that, and the readings will be perfectly fine. Remember: Tarot is non-physical, it crosses the universe. Distance it no object to it.

Grizabella

Relationship questions are a big preponderance of what Tarot readers get, so it pays to get used to them. I've actually gotten so I don't mind them. I even like them sometimes. I know what you mean, though. Especially when you're getting the "when will I get married?" and "is he cheating" kind of questions. "What will his name be and what will he look like?" are really tough, too.

franniee

light candles.... set the stage as Nisaba said. I do this.... I pull the cards before the call sometimes and I concentrate on them, on the different people and try to take myself there. It's just about focus and eliminating the insecurity that creeps up at times. :eek:

starrystarrynight

Hey Psychic Sue! I have no answer for you because I don't read over the phone like that...but I just wanted to say that I was thinking about you the other day and wondering where you have been lately! Good to "see" you!

psychic sue

Hi Starry! and everyone else. Should point out I have read tarot for 30+ years and do email readings etc. I just seem to be struggling with the phones for some reason. I will take all your tips into account though and many thanks x

re-pete-a

Try this one ,PS.

Ask something like," What about phone readings bugs me"
jot down your answer, put a line through it,(Brings closure at that level) then,
ask the same question again.

Perhaps 3 or 5 times , you'll know when you HIT the right reason.
Perhaps you'll laugh , perhaps you'll cry, but you will get your answer.

Though it's not the norm to do phone readings, word of mouth and fate have different ideas. The requests are increasing.