would like some input/advice about tarot :)

vettech69

Hello, I would like some advice on tarot readings in general. Iv been doing tarot for about 6 years now, I consiser myself fairly good at it. Whenever I do readings for others they are shocked how accurate my readings are. My mom is who got me interested in tarot, since she had a deck first. we are both scorpio's and we have strong intuition. Anyway, one thing iv always struggled with is the contradictions I get in readings. At times when I do a relationship reading, my reading may tell me very negative things about how my boyfriend feels or thinks of me, but he would be acting the total opposite. or a reading will predict something very good or bad is about to happen in the relationship but I get the opposite outcome! I was wondering if when it comes to readings that include the thoughts/feelings of others, if they only reflect those feelings that the person feels at that time of the reading, so if they change their minds, it renders the reading obsolete?? I thought maybe I'm just not reading/intrepting my readings accurately. but Iv posted my readings here, and received alot of input from others and they came to pretty much the same intrepetations as I did. Can someone help me shed some light on my issue. it has become frustrating for me to do readings, cause I never know if I can take them at their word. I know you can't expect 100% accurancy in tarot, but how do I know how accurate my readings are? When I get negative readings, especially about r.ships, I dont want to be scared/concerned for no reason either.

VGimlet

I can tell you that I have been reading tarot for a long time. I can do readings for almost anyone - except my husband and our relationship. We have been married for 30 years, almost, but there are still times when I want to clarify something.

Sometimes if it's nothing too big it's fine, but when I get into the bigger issues it just doesn't work. I don't know why. I think part of it is perhaps we are too close to the situation and our own worries are reflected back at us.

So, while I will do relationship readings for others, I don't generally do them for myself. :p
or read for my husband.

Sinduction

My first question is if you read with reversals, if not, I think the cards may be telling you that they'd like you to.

The only other things that comes to me right now is using elemental dignities instead.

I don't read reversals, but I do read elemental dignities. This has help me to better understand how the cards are reacting to each other. If that makes any sense. It may help you to see how long and how intense something may be.

I feel I'm just being more vague. :D

tarotbear

I think part of it is perhaps we are too close to the situation and our own worries are reflected back at us.

So, while I will do relationship readings for others, I don't generally do them for myself, or read for my husband.

I virtually never read 'for myself' and this is precisely the reason why. You need to have someone else do your personal readings for you, and accept what they tell you. There are times when you read for yourself that the cards either amplify your fears or reinforce your ambiguities, and as VG says - it all gets reflected back at you instead of giving you an answer.