Year Card?

GoddessArtemis

Since we're entering the new year, we're all wondering about our Year Card. :) I still can't figure out how to calculate this, as it seems people can't agree on a single method to add this up.

My birthday is March 7.

Some say I can calculate my year card as:

3+7+2+0+0+9=21 *The World*

Others says, I have to calculate it this way:

xxxxx3
xxxxx7
+2009
---------
xx2019

2+0+1+9=12 *Hanged Man*

I prefer The World, personally. :D

So which is it??

GA

divinest

Mine is 29th August, and I was taught to add up the numbers in the day, then the month, then the year, like so:

29 = 11 (master number, don't reduce further)
08 = 8
2009 = 11

so then it becomes 11 + 8 + 11, which works out as 30. Then that needs reducing, which turns into 3 - The Empress

Does that help?

GoddessArtemis

divinest said:
Mine is 29th August, and I was taught to add up the numbers in the day, then the month, then the year, like so:

29 = 11 (master number, don't reduce further)
08 = 8
2009 = 11

so then it becomes 11 + 8 + 11, which works out as 30. Then that needs reducing, which turns into 3 - The Empress

Does that help?
If I use your method, that makes it 21 for me - but is that correct...?

GA

divinest

With my method, yes, that is correct, with III - The Empress supporting.

The way I was taught, you automatically reduce to a number that is equal or less than 22 (which stands in place of The Fool, as you cannot get 0), and with numbers that are less than 22 but more than 10, you reduce to a single digit number to find out what supports the main card.

Like a friend of mine has her main year card as 22, so The Fool, which is supported by IV - The Emporer, which to me, knowing what she is like, is saying that it's time for her to start afresh, clearing out all the clutter in her life, and deciding where to go next, without anything holding her back, and just doing what feels right to her.

Which fits, seeing as she's just ended things with her fiancee, so it's a clean slate for her. :)

GoddessArtemis

divinest said:
With my method, yes, that is correct, with III - The Empress supporting.

The way I was taught, you automatically reduce to a number that is equal or less than 22 (which stands in place of The Fool, as you cannot get 0), and with numbers that are less than 22 but more than 10, you reduce to a single digit number to find out what supports the main card.
Assuming you're correct, Divinest....that makes this coming year a brilliant one for me, I'd say!

With The World and The Empress...I dunno, but it says either I'll relocate to a place that's better suited to me, or I'll accomplish ALL my goals...or I'll get married!

If that's true, you heard it here first!! (Now I'm waiting for someone to pipe in with a different method and ruin my fantasy...lol).

Thanks. :)

GA

SunChariot

Just to confuse things more, I was taught the other way:

_____
2019=2+0+1+9=12 (Hanged Man)

I have never seen it done the other way before. I do know my year cards have always been accurate for me, but I calculate the the other way.

I think divinest's way is/uses a numerology technique. I have also never heard of master numbers in Tarot, but they do exist in numerology.

Babs

violin.parke

-sigh-
Now im paranoid thisll be a terrible/difficult year for me like for you guys... I got a strength year! W00T! (not rly)
At least ill hopefully learn something

unicorndancer

just reading through this
and i calculate mine as 2+5+1+2+0+0+9 = 19 do i reduce that further and then it makes 10? if i keep reducing it , it comes to 1

so which number is the correct one for my year? birthday is 25 of january.

thanks

Azarial

SunChariot said:
Just to confuse things more, I was taught the other way:

_____
2019=2+0+1+9=12 (Hanged Man)

I have never seen it done the other way before. I do know my year cards have always been accurate for me, but I calculate the the other way.

I think divinest's way is/uses a numerology technique. I have also never heard of master numbers in Tarot, but they do exist in numerology.

Babs

This is the method I used last year which gave me Death for my year card.

______
2+0+3+8= 13 (Death)

Death was EXTREMELY accurate. This year I get a Temperance year. I'm not sure what to expect with a Temperance year, but hopefully it will be better than a death year!

nisaba

Where I'm currently reading, we have a different way of deriving a year card.

Each year, the owner opens a mint-condition deck, shuffled it, then lets all the readers also shuffle it and pull a card.

This year I got a very red Knight of Wands. I'm in two minds about this ... <grin>