A question about mediums...

EmpressArwen

I'm struggling with something. I have never really considered myself a medium. Do spirits come by and chat with me sometimes? Yes. But the mediums I've seen on here or tv or where ever seem to be to call up a spirit at will. I cannot do this.

Example: I go to a medium for a reading. She/he focuses on me and instantly a loved one of mine shows up. Reading commences. It is accurate. Done.

Me: I try to connect with a specific person's loved one. Nothing. Silence from beyond the veil.

Me: Just doing a regular card reading for someone and boom! Here comes a spirit. I had no intention on connecting in that way but there they are.

Me: Minding my own business, not connecting with anyone, probably thinking of what to make for supper and boom! A spirit comes in and starts chatting.

There has been ONE exception to this but only one. I can say "hey *fill in name* and he shows up. He is a friend of a friend (now my friend too) but I didn't know him at all before his passing.

So the question...why can I not do this "at will"? Are my mediumship abilities just limited? Or do I just need to practice more? I know that I held back in the past because I was afraid. I'm not afraid anymore but I haven't gotten any better at it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Apollonia

Do you work with guides? I rely on my Gatekeeper guide to basically go fetch my client's departed loved one and bring them in for the reading. There are times when someone just isn't available, but I would say that occurs less than 1% of the time (except when the client tries to connect while their grief is still raw, which tends not to work well). It took me a while to learn to work with my Gatekeeper, but it was definitely worth it.

Something else that works well for me is, when I have a mediumship reading scheduled for a client, I ask them ahead of time to provide me with the name, age at passing, and date of passing (or as close as they can come) ahead of time. I connect with the deceased person a day or two prior to the reading, letting them know the plan and asking them to come in strong and clear at the time of the reading. I also ask my client to connect with the departed loved one ahead of time as well.

Good luck to you--you obviously have the essential gifts to do this!

Audelia

This used to happen to me & then I was lucky enough to start training with a well known medium in my country. She taught me about the importance of "sitting in the power." This is an exercise that raises your vibration & allows you to better connect with the departed (who are on a much different higher vibration since they passed over).

Since I started doing this, I have complete control. There have been a few cases where someone is unavailable, but overall they come in loud & clear. I used to have the problem of spirits randomly catching me at the wrong times (like when I was in work etc), but since doing this now I find that they know when I'm open for business & ready to pass on their messages & unless it's absolutely urgent, they respect my me time.

EmpressArwen

Do you work with guides? I rely on my Gatekeeper guide to basically go fetch my client's departed loved one and bring them in for the reading. There are times when someone just isn't available, but I would say that occurs less than 1% of the time (except when the client tries to connect while their grief is still raw, which tends not to work well). It took me a while to learn to work with my Gatekeeper, but it was definitely worth it.

Something else that works well for me is, when I have a mediumship reading scheduled for a client, I ask them ahead of time to provide me with the name, age at passing, and date of passing (or as close as they can come) ahead of time. I connect with the deceased person a day or two prior to the reading, letting them know the plan and asking them to come in strong and clear at the time of the reading. I also ask my client to connect with the departed loved one ahead of time as well.

Good luck to you--you obviously have the essential gifts to do this!

I work a little with my guides. They normally just chime in when I'm doing a reading or show up in a meditation. Is your Gatekeeper a guide? Or something else? Someone else said that term to me before. I can't remember who. hmm. I have my main two guides and then my guardian. Should I ask them to help me with this? I know my guardian is hardcore about who he lets through. I've had a spirit tell me that my guard is scary lol

Thank you very much for your tips! I'll give this a shot. :)

EmpressArwen

This used to happen to me & then I was lucky enough to start training with a well known medium in my country. She taught me about the importance of "sitting in the power." This is an exercise that raises your vibration & allows you to better connect with the departed (who are on a much different higher vibration since they passed over).

Since I started doing this, I have complete control. There have been a few cases where someone is unavailable, but overall they come in loud & clear. I used to have the problem of spirits randomly catching me at the wrong times (like when I was in work etc), but since doing this now I find that they know when I'm open for business & ready to pass on their messages & unless it's absolutely urgent, they respect my me time.

Oh I wish there was someone in my area that I could train with! That would be so amazing. There aren't any advertised mediums in my area at all. The only ones that come around only stay long enough for a Spirit Fair we have twice a year...and then leave. lol

Do you know if there is a book on this technique you spoke of? It seems like it would be very helpful to me. I'd like more control over when they pop in.

Thank you!

Barleywine

I have a cousin who is a medium and head of a Spiritualist church in Connecticut. She's been doing it for over 40 years. I'll see if she can provide any insight on your questions.

EmpressArwen

I have a cousin who is a medium and head of a Spiritualist church in Connecticut. She's been doing it for over 40 years. I'll see if she can provide any insight on your questions.

Thank you! I've looked for a Spiritualist church in my area...zero. sigh not a surprise. :(

Starri Knytes

You're a diamond in the rough.

The question if I'm reading correctly is not how to do it, (create open connection with the beyond) but rather why you don't seem to be able to do it at will.

Part of the answer lies in practice. The biggest part atm is that you must come in complete love and trust.

We have been acquainted for quite a while now. Throughout the yrs the majority of your posts surround breaking the connection that you now wish to harness. It's going to take a good long time to rebuild the bridge of trust. Time and a lot work.
It's definitely possible.
They are definitely there, but a bit skiddish around you now. Rebuild the trust, let them know that you're not going to get frightened and send them away.
Create boundaries and rules.
and...
practice practice practice

Good luck sweetie. [emoji813]

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

EmpressArwen

You're a diamond in the rough.

The question if I'm reading correctly is not how to do it, (create open connection with the beyond) but rather why you don't seem to be able to do it at will.

Part of the answer lies in practice. The biggest part atm is that you must come in complete love and trust.

We have been acquainted for quite a while now. Throughout the yrs the majority of your posts surround breaking the connection that you now wish to harness. It's going to take a good long time to rebuild the bridge of trust. Time and a lot work.
It's definitely possible.
They are definitely there, but a bit skiddish around you now. Rebuild the trust, let them know that you're not going to get frightened and send them away.
Create boundaries and rules.
and...
practice practice practice

Good luck sweetie. [emoji813]

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thank you! I can definitely see this. I imagine they are like "psst...should we go talk to her. I don't know. Remember how she freaked out last time!" lol

I'll keep working on creating a welcoming environment within boundaries....and no running screaming for the hills this time. haha

Thanks again! :)