A very strange experience...

haleyw

I've been visiting my family and whilst there, I read the book about Charles Manson and co, called Helter Skelter. In one particular chapter the author was describing the horrendous murder of Sharon Tate and the others in a lot of detail and I actually felt like I was there, but not just there, my energy went to this place that I can only describe as evil. I have never felt this before and I hope never to feel it again. I am certain that I felt the energy in the house that night. I can't describe it in writing very well. It's as though the bottom of my gut dropped out and the usual positive and good energy that I'm surrounded by, dropped (for want of a better term) to this sinister place and I had to get myself out of it.

The funny thing is, I had never noticed my own vibe or energy before then. People often say that I have a good energy, but I never knew exactly what they meant until this happened and now I know that I have, because I have now felt the opposite. That's one good thing that came out of it. :)

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before?

Tanga

...the author was describing the horrendous murder of Sharon Tate and the others in a lot of detail and I actually felt like I was there, but not just there, my energy went to this place that I can only describe as evil. I have never felt this before and I hope never to feel it again. I am certain that I felt the energy in the house that night. I can't describe it in writing very well. It's as though the bottom of my gut dropped out and the usual positive and good energy that I'm surrounded by, dropped (for want of a better term) to this sinister place and I had to get myself out of it.

The funny thing is, I had never noticed my own vibe or energy before then. People often say that I have a good energy, but I never knew exactly what they meant until this happened and now I know that I have, because I have now felt the opposite. That's one good thing that came out of it. :)

Yup.
I notice changes in energy when becoming aware of/tuning into horrible things etc.
Sometimes it can be an item of news... (I don't watch the news much because I'm sensitive to this), sometimes a recounting of a story someone tells me...
I'm aware of my "good" energy too as you describe. Through long years of practice of
self-contemplation/meditation classes perhaps...

celticnoodle

Yes, I've also experienced this before--but not with Charles Manson and group, T.G.! that would've been frightful, and I'm sorry your introduction to this had to be with such a horrible and scary time!

One scary time that I recall for myself was when I was doing a medium reading for a client and brought through her family member who had died as the result of an overdose. It was an awful feeling indeed. However, knowing that I am able to truly sense these energies easily, I try to stay away from murderers, rapists, drug abusers, etc. when doing those readings.

How are you feeling now, haley?

linnie

HI... :)

I can't even ponder the subject of that book without feeling like I need to smudge!
And clear the thought of it quickly!

Negativity can also come through quite powerfully to me. Sometimes just a person's yucky energy, which in turn upsets my own energy, so i part company and make a point of avoiding people with what I feel is unhealthy energy. There are so many truly beautiful people that spending time with those who don't uplift seems to be something I'd rather avoid :D

That energy shift can come even when I'm not in someone's immediate vicinity, though, and even when it relates to a dear friend. I think I mentioned here at AT some time ago that , one day, i had an experience unlike any other in my life... It was so powerful it knocked me for 6, and I had no idea what had hit me until a day later...

I'd been doing psychometry and other exercises with a group of women, our intention being to hone our psychic ability... I guess that left me a bit 'open'.

One of the women had raised an issue that caused me discomfort, nothing to do with the group, just her neediness and my unwillingness to try to resolve all her issues by putting myself in conflict with myself and my husband to accommodate her.

When I woke up feeling out of sorts, kind of fractious without reasonable cause, i assumed it was due to the above. Throughout the course of the day, what had been a general emotional discomfort got to the point where I felt beside myself with anguish... and I had no idea why! I really thought I was nudging over the edge, a place I'd fortunately never been, and one I wasn't keen to visit. My psychic/emotional energy was so intense that I felt it couldn't be contained in my physical body without something tearing open... It was bizarre, and I was really concerned... i don't know how, but I figured out that lying on the ground, belly down, would help ground the energy that was almost scouring me from the inside out... I lay on the grass, belly, face and palms down, and asked the earth to please accept all this unbearable energy, and resolve it into balance and calm.

I felt much calmer, and had time to consider what on Earth had been causing that response in me...

Still no idea!

A bit later that night, my very best school buddy rang me. He was devastated ... He'd been overseas when he received a call from his wife saying their home and their entire contents had burnt down in a fire. He had to wait to get a plane to get home, and was feeling twisted and tortured about the loss of all they owned and also about not being there with his wife and kids... when he described to me what he had been going through earlier that day... Bingo!!! I was feeling his absolute chaos/grief/anguish/fear/guilt... every emotion he'd been feeling for all of that day...

I don't know how I came to pick up on that energy... Maybe, somehow, he needed/asked for someone to share that horror with. We were the two (the only) spiritually active of our mates, so we were very close that way, but as teens we'd come very close to dying in a drink-drive accident. We knew something bad was about to happen but couldn't persuade the driver to calm down and slow down... all we could do was hold hands, and pray... neither of us was religious in that sense, but I'm sure we pleaded with the universe to be gentle with us... when the car rolled, many times, we checked on each other and compared notes... We were alive, we were grateful, we were in trouble etc etc.. I think that created a very strong connection between us that will continue on...

Energy flows in all sorts of ways... I do tend to smudge myself after an icky episode, nowadays, or at the very least ring a bell or visualise an auric cleansing and resealing my aura to maintain its integrity :) Sorry... a bit long, but it was such an overwhelming experience... I hope you've smudged or at least visualised lovely light energy reclaiming tall of you from that scary place :heart:

haleyw

Yup.
I notice changes in energy when becoming aware of/tuning into horrible things etc.
Sometimes it can be an item of news... (I don't watch the news much because I'm sensitive to this), sometimes a recounting of a story someone tells me...
I'm aware of my "good" energy too as you describe. Through long years of practice of
self-contemplation/meditation classes perhaps...

Yes, it seems that it's great to be intuitive, but it can also be a downfall at other times. :/

haleyw

Yes, I've also experienced this before--but not with Charles Manson and group, T.G.! that would've been frightful, and I'm sorry your introduction to this had to be with such a horrible and scary time!

One scary time that I recall for myself was when I was doing a medium reading for a client and brought through her family member who had died as the result of an overdose. It was an awful feeling indeed. However, knowing that I am able to truly sense these energies easily, I try to stay away from murderers, rapists, drug abusers, etc. when doing those readings.

How are you feeling now, haley?

Hi CN, nice to hear from you!

I've read many similar things in the past, I used to have quite an obsession with criminology and stories about serial killers, so I've pretty much read them all, but this has never happened before. It felt very weird.

That must have been awful. I can truly imagine now how you must have felt. I suppose you never know what you are going to get though, with readings? At least we can choose the kind of books that we will read, etc.

I'm okay, but I'm staying away from reading stuff that I would have read before, for the time being. Thank you for asking.

Do you know what could have brought this on?

haleyw

HI... :)

I can't even ponder the subject of that book without feeling like I need to smudge!
And clear the thought of it quickly!

Negativity can also come through quite powerfully to me. Sometimes just a person's yucky energy, which in turn upsets my own energy, so i part company and make a point of avoiding people with what I feel is unhealthy energy. There are so many truly beautiful people that spending time with those who don't uplift seems to be something I'd rather avoid :D

That energy shift can come even when I'm not in someone's immediate vicinity, though, and even when it relates to a dear friend. I think I mentioned here at AT some time ago that , one day, i had an experience unlike any other in my life... It was so powerful it knocked me for 6, and I had no idea what had hit me until a day later...

I'd been doing psychometry and other exercises with a group of women, our intention being to hone our psychic ability... I guess that left me a bit 'open'.

One of the women had raised an issue that caused me discomfort, nothing to do with the group, just her neediness and my unwillingness to try to resolve all her issues by putting myself in conflict with myself and my husband to accommodate her.

When I woke up feeling out of sorts, kind of fractious without reasonable cause, i assumed it was due to the above. Throughout the course of the day, what had been a general emotional discomfort got to the point where I felt beside myself with anguish... and I had no idea why! I really thought I was nudging over the edge, a place I'd fortunately never been, and one I wasn't keen to visit. My psychic/emotional energy was so intense that I felt it couldn't be contained in my physical body without something tearing open... It was bizarre, and I was really concerned... i don't know how, but I figured out that lying on the ground, belly down, would help ground the energy that was almost scouring me from the inside out... I lay on the grass, belly, face and palms down, and asked the earth to please accept all this unbearable energy, and resolve it into balance and calm.

I felt much calmer, and had time to consider what on Earth had been causing that response in me...

Still no idea!

A bit later that night, my very best school buddy rang me. He was devastated ... He'd been overseas when he received a call from his wife saying their home and their entire contents had burnt down in a fire. He had to wait to get a plane to get home, and was feeling twisted and tortured about the loss of all they owned and also about not being there with his wife and kids... when he described to me what he had been going through earlier that day... Bingo!!! I was feeling his absolute chaos/grief/anguish/fear/guilt... every emotion he'd been feeling for all of that day...

I don't know how I came to pick up on that energy... Maybe, somehow, he needed/asked for someone to share that horror with. We were the two (the only) spiritually active of our mates, so we were very close that way, but as teens we'd come very close to dying in a drink-drive accident. We knew something bad was about to happen but couldn't persuade the driver to calm down and slow down... all we could do was hold hands, and pray... neither of us was religious in that sense, but I'm sure we pleaded with the universe to be gentle with us... when the car rolled, many times, we checked on each other and compared notes... We were alive, we were grateful, we were in trouble etc etc.. I think that created a very strong connection between us that will continue on...

Energy flows in all sorts of ways... I do tend to smudge myself after an icky episode, nowadays, or at the very least ring a bell or visualise an auric cleansing and resealing my aura to maintain its integrity :) Sorry... a bit long, but it was such an overwhelming experience... I hope you've smudged or at least visualised lovely light energy reclaiming tall of you from that scary place :heart:

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing that with me. Scary, but amazing. It's remarkable how you know excatly what to do to make yourself feel better by laying on the ground. Have you experienced anything similar since?

Pleased you were okay after the crash! Jesus! Bet you felt so lucky! Reminded me of a time that I was in the back of a car, before you had to legally wear seat belts in the back in the UK, I was with some friends, the guys in the front weren't wearing seat belts either (although, they should have been) and just before we took a corner I shouted put your seat belts on no everybody just did, then we took the corner, skidded and hit the central reservation. We had skidded on black ice. We were all okay. No idea where it came from, it just came. I'll never forget it.

No! I haven't done any of that. What is it and how do I do it?

celticnoodle

Hi CN, nice to hear from you!

I've read many similar things in the past, I used to have quite an obsession with criminology and stories about serial killers, so I've pretty much read them all, but this has never happened before. It felt very weird.

That must have been awful. I can truly imagine now how you must have felt. I suppose you never know what you are going to get though, with readings? At least we can choose the kind of books that we will read, etc.

I'm okay, but I'm staying away from reading stuff that I would have read before, for the time being. Thank you for asking.

Do you know what could have brought this on?

Well, I'd say that you were open. Open to receive any outside (by this I mean not your own) messages/information. Energy is funny this way. its out there all around us, all of us. good and bad energies. It can easily be detected, but I think most energy can only be detected by us if we are open to it.

As you hear (esp. here on A.T.) all the time, "Everyone is psychic to an extent". So, we are able to pick up on energy of easily. Such as someone walking into a room full of people and generally can tell if there is a heated argument going on with a group--because you can FEEL that hostile energy.

Perhaps with you--as you were reading the story of all the killings in the great detail it was written there, you were able to fully *see* it and this allowed you to open up to also see it in your mind to the point that you did (for lack of a better word) transport back to that very time.

Its not easy to put into words and probably not very easy for anyone to understand who hasn't experienced this very same thing that you experienced. But, yes, I do have to say I think you were able to actually see this taking place in your mind and self by possibly going back into time and seeing it.

Like that phrase, "Everyone is psychic to some extent", why not "Everyone has shamanistic experiences to some extent". And, Shamans are able to travel into the past as well as the future. So, could be you got a taste of it yourself with this experience.

But honestly, though I've had such experiences myself--I'm really no expert and can only give you my best guess as to how and why it occurred.

I did bring up the one experience I had--that was probably my most frightful one--but I have had many other experiences too - both while doing readings (medium, psychic and other readings), but I also seem to have it happen w/o even doing a reading. I seem to be able to just experience things like this w/o thinking about it, only to find out later its happening somewhere else or did or soon will.

With my medium readings- I seem to merge with the spirit (though it doesn't always happen) and I feel and see things they way they felt and see. I have even had tastes in my own mouth that were related to the spirit (and I also get this with living people that I am around---such as tasting medicines they take) and I have in many readings, traveled to where ever the spirit lived--sometimes in other countries! Now THAT is one way to see the world--traveling like that! ;) I have often also felt things and feel like I've transported to somewhere else, and then find out this is what happened to someone I know well. Hard to explain-but it often surprises me and more then often shocks the hello out of people when I share it with them. :laugh:

If it does happen again, and you want to leave it immediately--my advice to you would be to just imagine you are back home in your TIME. If that doesn't work--ask your guides to take you away from it. And, if you are comfortable with this--Ask for Archangel Michael to help you. He's a Catholic Archangel--but, feel free to call on him even if you aren't Catholic. He'll still come to your aide! :D

linnie

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing that with me. Scary, but amazing. It's remarkable how you know exactly what to do to make yourself feel better by laying on the ground. Have you experienced anything similar since?

Pleased you were okay after the crash! Jesus! Bet you felt so lucky! Reminded me of a time that I was in the back of a car, before you had to legally wear seat belts in the back in the UK, I was with some friends, the guys in the front weren't wearing seat belts either (although, they should have been) and just before we took a corner I shouted put your seat belts on no everybody just did, then we took the corner, skidded and hit the central reservation. We had skidded on black ice. We were all okay. No idea where it came from, it just came. I'll never forget it.

No! I haven't done any of that. What is it and how do I do it?
Hi haleyw :) I had been doing things of a spiritual nature for a long while just then, but really I was quite seriously into it at that time. Other friends who could see that i'm one to vague out (as in my essence/consciousness quite readily taking 'time out' from the physical) suggested I find ways to ground myself. Either holding grounding stones in my pocket or hugging trees was a favourite, especially being near trees, but that day I just felt like I'de explode and fly away, so i headed right down to ground level. I remembered a grounding exercise i often did re visualising the energy flowing through my crown, down through my limbs etc, through my feet, and into the Earth, and I must have just figured that laying my whole body down would work more immediately! :D I haven't felt anything like that since... it was a one-off...

I feel lucky to this day...only a few days after that, we heard a terrible crash on the main road a block from my teenage years home... we heard sirens, so knew it was being attended to, but the next day we heard that 4 teenagers were killed on impact... we'd left on our little jaunt in the car that we rolled in from almost the same part of that road just days before... I haven't placed my life at risk in the 4 decades since that time! :-/ I'm very glad you also lived to tell the tale! The odd thing was that I was quite law conscious, even though many of my friends were happy to break some rules. On that particular occasion when four of us almost lost our lives, I wanted to put my seatbelt on... it was in the transition period where we were told to, but the laws were still filtering through, but I felt safer with it on... I went to put it on, but it was a new car, and no-one had sat in the back seat yet, and the buckle was wedged down under the seat... I was nervous, especially when we realised our friend was out of control... We crashed, and rolled, and I was thrown sideways across my friend's lap...

The next day, another friend heard what had gone on and came to visit my buddy who was in hospital. He looked at me and said, i don't know how you survived, because the passenger side of the car roof where you were sitting is crushed down to parcel shelf height!

If i'd had my seatbelt on, I would have been killed, without the shadow of a doubt... :( Something spared me... I have no idea why, but i've been grateful ever since, and really do cherish life, but also understand how tenuous it is, and know that we all let go of life one day ... :)

So... the smudging and etc are just ways that I cleanse the energy around me... Many people do something like that when they give readings, or when they bless a new home, or etc. The Native American peoples use herbs that grow in their home country areas, in the same way that Australian aborigines have smoke ceremony with eucalyptus leaves and other cultures will use incense. Feng Shui space clearing uses bells, or salt, or many other ways to clear stagnant or stuck energy out of a space to make it feel clearer and more welcoming.

I love White Sage, which is one of the smudge sticks commonly used amongst both indigenous and non-indigenous people in Canada and the US, and it's becoming common practice world-wide, i believe. It's just a bundle of tightly wound leaves, of whichever plant appeals to you, but check for toxicity when heated etc... It's so densely packed and wound with cotton that it smoulders rather than burns freely. you need to blow on the embers to keep the smoke coming, and you hold the smudge stick all around your auric field etc, under your feet, around your back, over your head, cupping the smoke and inhaling it or just washing it over you.

I do it with utmost respect, because it is a sacred ceremony used by people for longer than i can imagine. Like lying on the ground, smudging completely grounds my energy as well as calming me... the smell stays with me and i love it!!! I believe it would also, or especially, be used to cleanse oneself to make one as close to 'pure' or perfect as possible before playing a part in Sacred ceremony. No-one should take that lightly... ever...

I read the wonderful CN's post, and agree... i don't see or feel energies nearly as clear as CN does, unless I'm specifically getting myself into that space, but I pick up energies just generally and avoid anything unpleasant, just because i realise I'm sensitive... Even things like going out with friends who drink, i most often avoid... i love my friends, and see them socially in not-drinking occasions, but I don't drink myself, and behaviour that follows drinking just makes me uncomfortable ... so, I simply stay out of that space, and enjoy seeing my friends when the occasion suits... anything that makes you feel uncomfortable is negatively impacting your auric filed and emotional field, which eventually impacts your physical field... so it's just more healthy to be in whatever space you feel comfortable in... :)

Oh... if you do find yourself feeling and seeing really scary stuff, and you don't have bells or smudging or anything available to help clear you, I visualise white light... It is so commonly thrown out there in new age books that people probably think its silly, but, truly, for me, if I feel fear (I don't anymore but used to) I breathe in deeply, visualising a beautiful, gentle loving white light filling every cell of my being. It always calmed me very quickly, and i honestly believe it is a healthful thing to do. :)

Best wishes to you xx

DownUnderNZer

I think as we get older and/or more in tune with "spirituality" or are on that "spiritual journey" we start feeling "vibrations" more and more.

With my very first "haunted tour" a few years back (the only one I have been on so far) in this little cottage I picked up the murders of children in one particular bedroom and I did not want to go from the lounge area in to that room at all. Cannot explain it other than that it was a "knowing" and I could see them as clear as day only not face to face as it was pitch black. This "dread" or "heavy" feeling was with me as well and stayed with me long after the tour ended.

I think I was the only one to pick that up, but not the only one to "feel" anything. One girl screamed as she thought something "touched" her.

Directly outside the cottage was all the unmarked graves of hundreds including the children it is believed.

I will be going on my second tour this coming Halloween. So, am really looking forward to that adventure as long as it does not involve murdered children. I do not like it when it involves kids.

HELTER SKELTER is something I remember and there is a TV series out now from what I've read.

Sharon Tate would have suffered the worst kind of death not to mention trauma and distress trying to save her unborn child.

Manson has no soul and you can actually see it in his eyes.

DND :)