Ace of Pentacles

destinyawaitsme

I noticed that some people look at the card on the bottom of their deck to clarify their readings....well, here lately, everytime I do a reading for mysefl..it doesn't matter what the topic is, I get the Ace of Pentacles on the bottom...coincidence? I used to think so; but not so much anymore. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what did it mean for them?

Lion-O

Hm, I know the feeling. I too tend to take note of which cards pop up more often then others in my readings and from time to time when I'm doing an "alternative reading" this happens as well from time to time. Mine is :TAC the Ace of Cups which pops up every now and then.

I'm not experienced with readings for others, nor is it my intention in any way, but I'd suggest checking in which way the Ace reflects on your personal life. Thats what I did; basicly keeping my eyes open (a bit the same you could do with a daily reading; picking a daily card and see how that turns out). So far I think I've managed to grasp why the Ace pops up for me every now and then.

SusanAe

There have been times when I've been preparing to do a reading for myself on some matter when a card has jumped out. I've always wondered about those things so I would just lay it to the side keeping it there out of curiosity. I've become more sensitive also and have discovered that more than once that one card has been the answer to my question.. one card, which the entire layout (celtic) has more or less told the story on. I also think twice about a card I notice for some reason when I'm not planning on it.
I think the repetition is significant, enough to make you wonder?
I am always thinking to the Tarot... what is it I'm suppossed to know? Learn? Ace of Pentacles is the beginning of manifestation to the physical plane isn't it? The growth of the seed? Something is taking form, the question.. what is it? I would use the Ace as the significator and run the cards with that question.

Love,
Susan Ae

Geenius at Wrok

Quote:Originally posted by destinyawaitsme
I noticed that some people look at the card on the bottom of their deck to clarify their readings....well, here lately, everytime I do a reading for mysefl..it doesn't matter what the topic is, I get the Ace of Pentacles on the bottom...coincidence? I used to think so; but not so much anymore. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what did it mean for them? It probably means that you're shuffling poorly.

Sorry if you were hoping for something more esoteric.

destinyawaitsme

:) no (shuffles thoroughly) :)

is it so wrong to want something esoteric??? ;)

MattDouglas

Well destiny...
I hope this doesn't sound too pushy.
In my Faith (Baha'i'), there is a prayer for protection that was originally written in the form of a pentacle.
I started reflecting on this when I first started reading. As SusanAe stated, Ace of Pentacles is the beginning of something about to manifest in physical form. In seems to me like these ideas fit together.
If something is coming into being materially, it is then taking up space. We could look at this as something being blocked. After all, anyhting material blocks something else even if only light or wind. So I sometimes view the Ace of Pentacles as a concern about safety (maybe necesary, maybe not) or a need for protection.
If reversed can be a paranoia or a major blind spot.

Hope this helps!

Matt

phirefly

i'm sure most of us have had experiences with one card popping up constantly for a period of time. for about a year, tower kept showing up in spreads, whether i read for myself or someone else read for me. ALL THE TIME. when this had happened before (in much shorter time frames), i had decided i needed to learn the lesson of that card, studied it, and when i felt i'd understood what it was telling me, it would stop showing up.

the tower was different. :TTOW

no matter how convinced i was that i had learned the lesson, it kept reappearing. it was so frustrating knowing the universe was trying to communicate something important to me and i just couldn't figure it out. some major stuff happened in my life in february, after which it all seemed suddenly so clear to me. it was one of the toughest lessons i had to learn, but was so easy when it actually hit me because i was ready for it.

sorry for the ramble, but it started out relevant! :}

Liliana

Matt: Is there a place I can see the pentacle prayer online, sounds interesting

phirefly: I dont suppose it was last year the tower kept showing up was it?

:THP

phirefly

liliana:

yes, it was, but i have to insist it was a personal message rather than a grand omen (though, there was a bit of that in one friend's readings for me) since it carried over into february of this year.

Liliana

February was the 6 month aniversary, when they had the light towers ;) but it was your readings,so if you say it wasnt then it wasnt

:THP