Advice from Old Chinese Photos ...

samantha

CLOSED FOR NOW THANKYOU

I'll take 5 sitters who would like advice (not *too* heavy) on something. This will be a one card draw so you may get more or less information depending on what decides to come through.

Please preface your question with a little information eg : I'm feeling very frustrated ; how can I shift these excess pounds ? :)

Please don't ask about something you have asked about (elsewhere) in the last week ..

1. Daniel
2. Jen
3. GotH
4. Em
5. Violet
6. BE

danieljuk

oooh I loved these old Chinese photos from before but missed out!
may I ask for advice in looking for the positive things day to day? looking for the light things? I hope that is okay as a Q!
background: I think the world and life around me is so heavy at the moment, and need to search for the lighter positive things :)

let me know if you would like an oracle card in return, I can try the vintage Samhain postcards that I did readings with last October! They are not a proper oracle in their printing / design so it's a bit random what to read for them :) or any oracle from my collection!

:love:

Jen P

Hi there! I wish I could get my hands on the kind of deck you have, but am glad you're here to do interpretations. I think you're quite good at them.

My question is - will I find a room to rent with enough space for all my everyday things? (I am looking for a room to rent and am worried that I won't have enough room for some of my day to day belongings).

I can also do a lenormand reading for you if you like. Just let me know. ;-)

GotH

Hi Samantha!

I don't think I've EVER sat at your very own table before. I'd love to sit..

Okay so I could use some advice on how to deal with a particular friend that I feel hasn't been straight with me when it comes to some things. Curious about which direction to go in such as, should we have a heart to heart talk? Should I just let it go? Or should I begin to allow the relationship to fade?

Thank you..

em_idol_twins

Hi samantha!

So happy to sit in your thread for the first time. So excited! I think we have been exchanging many many times in the gaming section and your readings are also so spot-on!!

So... Just last night, I got a notification from an engineering conference that I was accepted for an oral presentation. But there is a catch. I need to write a conference paper for it within a month, it will be published on a very popular engineering institute online. The paper has to be much longer than I thought it would be. So I have been thinking to reject that conference, reject that presentation. But I miss out a great opportunity.

Q: Should I reject the conference?

Thanks!

Do you have a Q? I can return a reading in tarot. :)

violetdaisy

Currently employed, job search.

Ok, so I've never Sat for anyone....ever....even in person lol. But I'm on vacation this week (stay-cation actually) so if you can give me 36 hours to respond (though I hope to in 24....) I'd like to sit. Reason for the time allowance is due to it being evening here already and I normally go to bed early. And I only have a tablet.

Anyway.....even when asking about what I need to know most right now I end up with card(s) that reflect work issues.

So....question is:

How urgent should my search be for another job?

It's NOT Nice at work right now. I am way undervalued and am really tired of the way the two dentists (One who is the Dental Director) find a way to manipulate a problem to be the fault of myself or co-workers.

There could be other opportunities within the company I am qualified for but I am 100% positive that if I managed to get one of them I would be on call for any questions regarding the position I currently hold....and if I leave I need a clean break.

No filling-in, or helping out. Everything I know about what I do I learned on my own. The person before me was incompetent. And quit, so I was thrown in and given few instructions. I'm good, really good, at problem-solving. So no biggie.

But...I can't figure my way out of this one, therefore my question.

Feedback or return read (3 card tarot with Shadowscapes or Robin Wood)

samantha

Sorry, I've been out all day and it's now coming on for midnight ...will be making a start on these tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

samantha

oooh I loved these old Chinese photos from before but missed out!
may I ask for advice in looking for the positive things day to day? looking for the light things? I hope that is okay as a Q!
background: I think the world and life around me is so heavy at the moment, and need to search for the lighter positive things :)

let me know if you would like an oracle card in return, I can try the vintage Samhain postcards that I did readings with last October! They are not a proper oracle in their printing / design so it's a bit random what to read for them :) or any oracle from my collection!

:love:

Hi Daniel :heart:

Your card shows a lady from the Qing era sitting on a donkey. Standing behind her is a guy holding a small stick in the air and in front of her, just out of reach of the donkey, another guy who is holding a basket of fruit.

I'm seeing you as the woman on the donkey. It appears to have, stubbornly, come to a standstill. I think you are feeling pretty stuck at the moment ? You say that life feels heavy. Perhaps the woman is too heavy for the donkey, and that is why it is refusing to budge !
Anyway, the solution looks interesting. I think you need to adopt a two pronged approach here. Its kind of feeling like *soft cop, hard cop*. There may be an element of having to give yourself a kick up the proverbial (or slap on the rump as here :D) to physically find what you are looking for (positives in life) - maybe literal *movement* will be necessary (rather than finding it quietly at home infront of the computer for example) ; some kind of travelling or exploration of your surroundings may be the order of the day. I also feel the man with the stick is telling you that (seeming) uncomfortable activities will have their positive sides -will get you moving in the right direction, so look to areas that you may have hitherto dismissed as just *hard* - This may be a case of a good outcome from a difficult *journey* (exercise or weight loss com to mind - not saying you need either, but they are good examples !) Otherwise look for positives in things that you are currently reluctant to do - they may surprise you.
I'm reading the man with the basket of fruit as the soft, and easier, cop ! You will also find positives in allowing yourself a *reward* from time to time. There must be activities/material things which you already know will make you feel good and positive about life - cultivate these, but don't rely on them exclusively .... Maybe allow yourself these *treats* when you have made some headway with taking the more difficult route towards feeling good about life .
In essence the card seems to be saying that *punishment* and *reward* are the way forward ...hope this makes some sense to you !

samantha

Hi there! I wish I could get my hands on the kind of deck you have, but am glad you're here to do interpretations. I think you're quite good at them.

My question is - will I find a room to rent with enough space for all my everyday things? (I am looking for a room to rent and am worried that I won't have enough room for some of my day to day belongings).

I can also do a lenormand reading for you if you like. Just let me know. ;-)

Hi Jen

Your photo shows an Imperial concubine with two eunuchs. I think the short answer to your question is no - or least ways it is going to prove difficult (so your fears are well founded)
Concubines and eunuchs had little freedom - likewise I think you are going to feel that your *space is cramped* and that you have few ways of manoeuvring this situation to your advantage. The people in this photo look unhappy (they don't always - I do have a smiling concubine on another card) so I'm not seeing a happy outcome here. THe card itself is the eight of hearts, for me eight of cups. I think you may need to walk away from the idea of finding a room which holds all,of your personal items and either leave some of it in storage or with friends/family if possible. Sorry not to have more uplifting news ! (And now you can set about proving me wrong ! :D ) Good Luck

samantha

Hi Samantha!

I don't think I've EVER sat at your very own table before. I'd love to sit..

Okay so I could use some advice on how to deal with a particular friend that I feel hasn't been straight with me when it comes to some things. Curious about which direction to go in such as, should we have a heart to heart talk? Should I just let it go? Or should I begin to allow the relationship to fade?

Thank you..

Hi GotH :)

Your Photo shows two human drawn vehicles. The rickshaws are being pulled by two guys, one slightly ahead of the other. Each cart has a woman inside. The woman in the front cart has a boy of about 9 yrs old with her.
The carts and people are *moving* to the left, so my initial impression is that this relationship will indeed fade into the past. You didn't specify the gender of your friend, it may not matter that both central figures are women - I'm seeing the woman in the front cart as yourself, she is therefore *taking the lead* in deciding which way (or direction as you said) the relationship should head. The fact that these women are in separate rickshaws makes me feel that there is already a *distance* between the two of you. AT the moment it is not too great, but the rickshaw behind yours is angled differently as though the driver/passenger have already decided that they will be taking a separate route to you; the future will see you heading in different directions. I know you have boys so perhaps the inclusion of one in the photo is relevant here - perhaps your friend doesn't have any ? Otherwise it may be a red herring ! The only other observation is that the woman in the other cart is holding an open fan- she *appears* to be intent on fanning herself. Is she *hot and bothered* about something ? Trying to keep her composure, keep calm or otherwise appear cool, calm and collected ? Perhaps !
Hope this was of some use ! Best to you here X