Alcohol to Drown Out Vibration

G6

Wondering if any empaths use alcohol/binge drink at big events to drown out or deflect the energy of all the other people.

GotH

I drink EVERY NIGHT to wash out and deflect the day. :joke:

I'm freakin' serious..

ETA so that I don't come off as some drunken lush, it's usually just a couple of glasses of wine with dinner but it helps.

CosmicBeing

This might sound odd, but I notice when I drink or even am on pain medicine. (yes, I have been on pain medicine because of certain health related stuff.) I notice it doesn't drown out whatever feelings I am picking up...I can read well and possibly better with a drink in me (because I don't get overwhelmed.)

Do I binge drink? No, but than again I can handle a lot of alcohol. So what is binge drinking to me might be IV liquor to someone else.

Usually the more I drink the stronger my personality comes out and that personality is "I don't give a F" lol.

So Idk if my ability to pinpoint stuff about people is off or I just merely do not care.

I wouldn't be shocked if people who are empaths drink a lot of alcohol to control the over emotional feeling. People with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and other mood related disorder probably get some relief from drink, so I suspect someone who is an empath would feel the same in a way.

I think if someone who is an empath or at least has strong anxiety/mood related complaints, shouldn't bother with very big groups of people. I think it be best to minimize the amount of huge crowd events/surroundings and be in a small group of people that he/she is familiar with to avoid the feeling to binge drinking.

***Do I think I am an empath? No, so I'm probably not the best to answer your post. But, I thought it was interesting and wanted to chime in.

GotH

@CosmicBeing - You made an interesting point about not giving a F about things when you drink.. That's quite possibly why I do, to balance out what I usually feel during the day. There can be a problem when I drink too much though, everything gets thrown in the opposite direction and .... well... when this happens, watch the }) out! I really should NOT drink more than a couple of glasses of wine or anything really around anyone else because then the reverse of my empathic abilities comes to the surface. Wow.. talking about this now just made me realize it too. :bugeyed:

Now I understand why I mostly read in the morning and hardly ever at night.

G6

I just noticed this tendency to binge drink at events with lots of people and realized binge drinking doesn't happen at home or in more intimate gatherings, so an empath friend pointed this out that it might be to drown all the others out. Seems the likely culprit. I didn't know mood related disorders use alcohol. Does it make them not feel anything is that why?

CosmicBeing

@CosmicBeing - You made an interesting point about not giving a F about things when you drink.. That's quite possibly why I do, to balance out what I usually feel during the day. There can be a problem when I drink too much though, everything gets thrown in the opposite direction and .... well... when this happens, watch the }) out! I really should NOT drink more than a couple of glasses of wine or anything really around anyone else because then the reverse of my empathic abilities comes to the surface. Wow.. talking about this now just made me realize it too. :bugeyed:

Now I understand why I mostly read in the morning and hardly ever at night.

I hardly can read people on the site. When I see people with a huge thread.. I am envious. I would be drain quickly. This is why I now use reversals because I don't get drain so much trying to read the energy.

I'm usually a calm person and alcohol just maximize it.

Wine can be more stimulating for people. If you like a different alcohol I would try that...different type of liquors might have different effect on you.

But, just like you morning is my peak more like around 2am to 9am (noon at the latest) after that time period I am not that active.

I also think I have a lot of spirits around me and that might be why I can only handle reading so many people in a day. I already have too much activity going on around me.

CosmicBeing

I just noticed this tendency to binge drink at events with lots of people and realized binge drinking doesn't happen at home or in more intimate gatherings, so an empath friend pointed this out that it might be to drown all the others out. Seems the likely culprit. I didn't know mood related disorders use alcohol. Does it make them not feel anything is that why?

Alcohol abuse is highest for people with mood related disorders. Not saying everyone with one will have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

Alcohol creates almost like a disconnection with the body and mind. My grandma that was part native american use to tell us to not drink liquor because it weakens you and this allows spirits to attach easily. If we took that concept to what we know of alcohol on a more psychological/science level.. it makes sense. The mind is not that congruent/connected to what is happening to us.

(Not saying you have it nor am I saying all people who have mood related disorders will have an unhealthy relationship with liquor.)

I would say learn how to make a small intimate setting in large group setting.

Almost like how Cancer (crabs) cling to the wall observing the crowd before entering it because they figure out what type of people they are only going to deal with during that event/surrounding.

***Just my theory at the end of the day***

G6

@CB

Hmm, is being an empath or psychic a mood related disorder because it seems these groups use/abuse alcohol quite a bit.

Not sure how the body/mind disconnect helps? What does it do?

CosmicBeing

Hmm, is being an empath or psychic a mood related disorder because it seems these groups use/abuse alcohol quite a bit.

Not sure how the body/mind disconnect helps? What does it do?

I think that is the big question everyone who has study psychology how can you tell the difference between a psychological disorder and a 'spiritual affliction'? If such a scholar is into the idea of such spiritual occurrences.

My personal opinion is if your empath and psychic self seems to lead you astray and into trouble. Over time when you look back if it seems more like something that feeds ego, self-esteem, or desires. Then have to look to other answers to such occurrence....was the person in a state of denial about a situation? or is it something more serious like psychological disorder?

I wouldn't say empath/psychic abilities are mood disorders or any other psychological disorder, but psychological disorders can present as psychic/empath abilities.

I would be weary of assuming that 100% of the time you know what someone is feeling or dealing with on an emotional/soul/psychological/spiritual level. I have seen people who take this ability to the extreme and when the someone says "I am not feeling that way." The person still believes this someone still feels this way that is being invasive and maybe even falsely accusing someone of an emotion they do not have.

So you or anyone else with this ability have to take the hermit's advice... introspection every time you might be sensing something from someone.

Alcohol abuse statistics overlap many other things. So I wouldn't say if Tom abuses alcohol and has mental health disorder, but billy abuses alcohol and has no documented mental health disorders. Does that mean billy who abuse alcohol has mental health conditions? I would say no. There are many reasons why people abuse alcohol.

Ever been half awake and half asleep. I would say a disconnection of mind and body can be seen the same way. It gives just a laid back in the clouds feeling which is what alcohol usually does just sometimes a person's laid back in the cloud feeling involves aggression. A lack of inhibition. Not being able to identify surroundings. Not being able to identify facial expressions correctly or vocal tones. There is a literal disconnection that occurs... the brain become affected.

The pre-frontal and cerebellum is the most affected.

I think at the end of the day you just have to decide if it is related to your spiritual gift/insight or if it's related to mental health/mood health.

Well it's getting late so I hope I made sense on some level.

yannie

Ok, I'm actually very empathic & I can say that binge drinking makes negative energy attachment WORSE. Instead of drowning out other people you're making yourself vulnerable to all their gunk. Then you'll REALLY feel it the next day.

I think that tendency for empaths to binge at big events could be just them being influenced by everyone else around them. They are empaths so...

There was a time when I'd drink a lot. Not anymore though. It just doesn't help anything, for me. I'm past that age...

Now I drink from time to time, but only in a setting that I find safe, and never binge. I'm lucky enough to know when to stop. In situations when I'm around heavy drinkers I'd just nurse a glass of whiskey for a long time, like Julian from Trailer Park Boys 😂