Am I on the right track?

Shadowling

I'm new to reading Lenormand so given the important subject matter of the reading I did, I thought Id post here and see what others who are more experienced might think.

I did a reading about the reaction about me leaving a current group I'm with.

I don't really use a set spread but cards I pull seem to group themselves together as I go. over all the pulls to questions were

Should I send back my class materials and email tomorrow resigning from the group?

Crossroads+heart.

I'm having to make a emotional decision and that's effecting me. I did this pull on the 19th. on the cards used 22 and 24 made me think that this was more of a timeframe issue. Maybe I should actually send things closer to those dates instead.

How is this going to be received by the group especially J (who's a woman)

Snake+Man+Cross

I feel strongly that the snake while encompassing the overall group mentality, is more specifically indicating J the person. the image itself and the connetins to queen of clubs. makes me think that she is not going to take this at all well and she's going to be making it known.

The man card is throwing me there's no males in the group. strong very logically minded women who are earthbased. This might be representing the group as a whole.

the cross also made sense to me in the sense that this is a spiritual grouping im leaving but also that it's going to be uncomfortable dealing with this group after I leave and to exspect feeling of disappointment an annoyance.

Should I really be doing this? Is this a good idea?

Mice+lily

I'm anxious and worried about the situation and it's bad for me mentally emotionally spiritually and physically. Leaving while hard will be better all around. So bite the bullet now it'll be better in the long run.

Last card was Dog

I felt it was indicating that your true friends will stick by you and that better connections to be made on the horizon. Don't worry too much about losing the people in this group it's not worth it.

Oh and the deck I'm using is the Zirkus.

ThtDancerGuy

I don't really use a set spread but cards I pull seem to group themselves together as I go. over all the pulls to questions were

Should I send back my class materials and email tomorrow resigning from the group?

Crossroads+heart.

Hi Shadowling,

Welcome to the fabulous world of Lenormand. :) As I'm sure you're quickly discovering, it's super fun, but it also requires dedication and persistence, which I have no doubt you'll accomplish. One of the most important lessons in Lenormand is the question asked and the context that question provides: first off, "should I..." questions are not advised because you should be taking accountability for your own actions and decisions, not letting the cards decide for you. Instead, you could ask what the pros/cons of such a decision will be or how best to go about the matter. The cards can give you potential options and choices, but "should I do this or that" implies that you're giving all of your power over to whatever the cards tell you and you're disregarding your freewill, therefore refusing to take responsibility for if that decision pans out and gets you into trouble or fails altogether.

Looking at the cards: Crossroads (or Paths as I call them) is about decisions and choices, and the Heart is about what you want, what will make you happiest/what is most appreciable. The cards are telling you to make the choice/choose the option (Crossroads) that resonates most with what you want (Heart). The cards are quite blunt and direct in this way, as you will continue to notice.

Snake+Man+Cross

Interesting Line for sure. If there is no man whatsoever, not on your side nor the group's, in the picture, then it could be possible that a man will have something to do with it, OR it could be that you just weren't focusing enough on the question and/or had other concerns on your mind during the shuffling process. That can and does happen sometimes. Man is not the group as a whole, that would be Garden (big group, lot of people, social event, big meeting). Man is a significator card and only refers to one person, a man, so long as Stars (many, vast) or Garden (a lot, group of) does not succeed Man, which here neither does. When the cards just do not connect to the question asked, it is possible that you were not clear in how you phrased the question, and/or that you had multiple different topics on your mind at the time. In this case, collect the cards, clear your mind and ground yourself, shuffle again asking the question in a little different of a way so you're not spitting the same question at the cards again, decide on the number of cards you will pull, and deal. Also, believe it or not, sometimes it's just not the right time to ask certain questions, so it may be best to come back to it at a later date and see if things have changed.

Mice+lily

Again with the "should"... It's forgivable, you weren't aware before now. Mice being the only orientation card (it's negative; Lilies is a neutral card) tells you that most likely this idea to leave suddenly and abruptly will cause minor issues and stresses (Mice) and will probably nag at you (also Mice) for a while afterward (Lilies = long time, a while).

Sidenote*: As far as "spreads" in Lenormand, they are no spreads, at least not like Tarot has. Lenormand is read linearly and relies on combinations between cards to provide messages, therefore the cards are meant to be pulled in "strings" or "Lines" as I know them. If you read Author Rana George's book The Essential Lenormand (which you should be if you're serious about learning Lenormand), she explains what Lines are and how to read them. It is advised to pull an odd number of cards into a linear line so you have a central focus card, which is a card on which, in a reading, the emphasis is placed on and it shows the main issue to the question, the most important concern, or what the reading revolves around, all of course depending on the context of the question asked. I would personally advise to not pull an even number of cards – unless it's two*–*because then there is no focus card to be read and it becomes confusing. What falls to the left of the focus card is the recent past or what has led up to the focus card, and what falls to the right is the near future or what will be evolving soon. I personally never pull more than 7 cards and no less than 3, unless I'm pulling 2 – first card = subject/noun and second card = adjective/modifier of first card.

DownUnderNZer

Dancerguy is right.....no real spreads are used for the Lenormand like the Tarot, but some seem to read them like Tarot which I find interesting even down to "counting numbers" or using "base" cards.

The Lenormand usually read together as a whole like a story form start to finish rather than any other way...combinations too.

Pairs and Single cards are really good for when learning them as a beginner, but especially each card one by one to get down the basics.

Your main focus, looking at it, would be:

How will the group react if I leave?

Crossroads Heart Snake MAN Cross Mice Lily Dog

I think this is more or less saying that there would be mixed and conflicted emotions with some, if not all the group members, and if you are male or if there is one that stands out in the group in your eyes (male), he will react in a nasty way and/or not be good to be around.

May say or do things set against you.

If you are the male - then you would be looked at as in the wrong and not trustworthy etc etc etc. The problem maker so as to say.

Your leaving will cause negative emotions, stress, and mixed feelings, but all will settle at some point because it is not be the first time it has likely happened nor will be the last.

I think if you leave, you will find calm and peace eventually, and the situation will not remain negative like it feels now.

Best of luck! :)

I'm new to reading Lenormand so given the important subject matter of the reading I did, I thought Id post here and see what others who are more experienced might think.

Crossroads+heart.

I'm having to make a emotional decision and that's effecting me. I did this pull on the 19th. on the cards used 22 and 24 made me think that this was more of a timeframe issue. Maybe I should actually send things closer to those dates instead.

Snake+Man+Cross

I feel strongly that the snake while encompassing the overall group mentality, is more specifically indicating J the person. the image itself and the connetins to queen of clubs. makes me think that she is not going to take this at all well and she's going to be making it known.

The man card is throwing me there's no males in the group. strong very logically minded women who are earthbased. This might be representing the group as a whole.

the cross also made sense to me in the sense that this is a spiritual grouping im leaving but also that it's going to be uncomfortable dealing with this group after I leave and to exspect feeling of disappointment an annoyance.

Mice+lily

I'm anxious and worried about the situation and it's bad for me mentally emotionally spiritually and physically. Leaving while hard will be better all around. So bite the bullet now it'll be better in the long run.

Last card was Dog

I felt it was indicating that your true friends will stick by you and that better connections to be made on the horizon. Don't worry too much about losing the people in this group it's not worth it.

Oh and the deck I'm using is the Zirkus.

firecatpickles

The cards you got were Crossroads Heart Snake MAN Cross Mice Lily Dog. I agree with what others have said.

I would want an odd number for a line, in this case a Line of Seven. Since MAN is a Significator and represents you; I've learned that Man and Woman are always the querent; and you know you're involved in the reading; I would leave it out. Now you have seven cards with Cross being the Hinge card, or the one in the middle.

I like to mirror the cards from the center in addition to reading the story line. I won't do this since it's already been done here. Mirroring can add more background information.

So now we have Crossroads Heart Snake CROSS Mice Lily Dog

We have Snake + Mice. This is a horrible combo which was discussed before. The issue this person has is motivated by jealousy (Snake). This person is a part of a busy group of people (Mice). This person is older (Lily) and has feelings for you (Heart). Could this be an ex? Crossroads and Dog indicates friends (with Lily, old friends) parting ways.