Any good books for begininners on becoming more psychic?

Rhapsodin

Hm I couldn't find the Roseway book you were talking about? D: Ah well D: Maybe I'll YT it :p Yeah I know to meditate more, I just get too caught up with other things XD; How long are you supposed to meditate for? How often a week? What will it do for me? etc.

If you'll excuse me answering that - it depends. If you're naturally gifted you won't need to do much meditation. But at the outset, say 15 minutes (to get started) most days. You'll have to choose your best times too, and meditate on something - a different tarot card each day? But really much less than 30 minutes is a waste of time by the time you've stilled your thoughts. You really have to get into a state of pure consciousness to let "the messages" come through! There are ways you can test your developing ability, probably in some of those books. It'll take time. The main thing is to avoid illusion.

A goodly chunk of the stuff on Youtube is rubbish, as I'll wager other spiritually/occultly inclined members will verify!

CelestialHorse

Thanks XD

I think my problem I just need to put meditation and stuff like that into habit :/ 30 minutes sounds like it would be better. I think an hour would be too much XD; but I hope 30 minutes would be long enough.

Ya know in a way I don't want to be psychic, just curious to see how far I can go and plus I want to read the books as a way to self heal which those books sound like they can do. I know I can't force myself to be a certain way, if I am meant to be, then it'll happen :) It would be a cool discovery though to see what I can do, and everything. Plus it would be cool test of law of attraction, or secret, does those things work and what not.

I hope I make sense XD I guess I just want to find myself, I want to be able to attract positive things into my life, that's my main goal and plus I want to learn to go with the flow more, be more happy :) I want to stop living in fear and worry.

I know it's normal to worry but I want to worry less and just go with the flow ya know?

Plus I want to learn to expect the best but handle stresses better.

Disa

Good for you, CelestialHorse. It sounds like you're starting out the right way. Research and try new things. I was having feelings similar to the things you are describing several years ago. Studying Metaphysics changed everything for me. It is quite a long journey, at least i has been for me. Take small steps and be easy on yourself if things don't happen quickly. It's an ongoing process. Everyone's needs are different, everyone's struggles may be different so find what works for you. Be sure not to let yourself get sucked into some things people have to offer that are far fetched and may not resonate. There's so much good in Metaphysics, but so much stuff that's not so good, too-depending on the people offering it and their intentions. Good luck, ask lots of questions.

Rhapsodin

Thanks XD

I think my problem I just need to put meditation and stuff like that into habit :/ 30 minutes sounds like it would be better. I think an hour would be too much XD; but I hope 30 minutes would be long enough.

Ya know in a way I don't want to be psychic, just curious to see how far I can go and plus I want to read the books as a way to self heal which those books sound like they can do. I know I can't force myself to be a certain way, if I am meant to be, then it'll happen :) It would be a cool discovery though to see what I can do, and everything. Plus it would be cool test of law of attraction, or secret, does those things work and what not.

I hope I make sense XD I guess I just want to find myself, I want to be able to attract positive things into my life, that's my main goal and plus I want to learn to go with the flow more, be more happy :) I want to stop living in fear and worry.

I know it's normal to worry but I want to worry less and just go with the flow ya know?

Plus I want to learn to expect the best but handle stresses better.

Whatever you do, this will improve the spontaneity of your intuition and confidence to rely on it! Meditation will help with the things you want to do, without doubt - like your closing line. Sad to say it is normal to worry for most people but once you start to rationalise the various worries, positive ways to deal with them start to come to you.

One idea that was given to me - perhaps the thing that sparked my interest in the vast wealth the tarot had to offer was meditating on individual cards - the Majors at least. To just stare at one for something between 5 and 10 minutes, making no judgement, no analysis, just letting impressions come to you, let your curiosity be exercised about the images. I seem to recall that I should start with the background and work toward the foreground. Then just close my eyes and let anything about the card - its image, its title, colours, meanings I may know or ascribe to it, anything, come to me - that being the latter 20 minutes (or so) of the meditation.

Later I realised how it taught more than just the card alone, namely things about yourself, the world. the balance of things.