any thoughts on (recycled) owls?

zayats

Hi all,

What prompted me to write was an article I saw today combined with a reading I had yesterday. So yesterday in the Oracle section I got the Owl as a message for me, which made me think that I have indeed been seeing owls lately - not live owls, unfortunately, but images and symbols or owls in the media. And now I've just come across an article about eco street art, one of the pieces being an owl - made out of waste found in a dump. Which made me think of what I saw just yesterday - being in town I saw this super duper owl - made all out of computer keyboard keys and remote controls as wings (I even took a pic but not sure I can post it). That's quite a lot of owls for such a short time! And I know that the owl stands for, which was clearly conveyed to me in the reading - intuition, wisdom, psychic abilities, all of which I am trying to hone. The reading also said it's not easy to deceive me now as I can see through BS. However, I am wondering if there is some additional meaning to the owl considering the fact that at least those two last examples were pieces of art made from some unusual materials, i.e. recycled, quite creative. Does that have any significance at all or it's just a nice co-incidence bringing a little of art into my life? What are your thoughts on this? And owls in general - it's always interesting to learn more. Thanks :)

Gwynydd

When I come across owls a lot at once, I find there's usually one of two things (or both)that I'm being warned about: one, to not fear my darkness inside me so much. Shine the light on it and address the issues I'm up against at that time. Two, to be watchful of others. Try to be mindful of who is being truthful, and who is being deceitful, particularly with their words.

So, it could be that you're being asked to address your problems or emotions and stop running from them, or be aware that someone may be lying to you.

danieljuk

I :heart: Owls!

I wonder if the Owls that are appearing to you are about taking in more, like expanding what you can see in normal life or your intuitive / spiritual side or your wisdom. It's like viewing life with tunnel vision but there might be something missing on that very wide visual range that Owls have. There is stuff for you to find out in your spiritual journey perhaps. It's definitely a fabulous symbol of the subconscious!

People who have Owls as their spirit guides are great at seeing through the hidden factors, it's the true reality. (They represent the Swords suit characters in the Wild Unknown for example).

and the fact they are recycled items, this could go two ways. Could it represent as symbolism that you want to relive the past, not throw away things? or maybe it represents sorting out the past. You know how we take things and put them in different boxes.

I think this symbolism for me is about sorting out your life as you now see the whole truth! But it looks like you are moving on to a new phase or cycle and you have enlightenment in some form.

zayats

When I come across owls a lot at once, I find there's usually one of two things (or both)that I'm being warned about: one, to not fear my darkness inside me so much. Shine the light on it and address the issues I'm up against at that time. Two, to be watchful of others. Try to be mindful of who is being truthful, and who is being deceitful, particularly with their words.

So, it could be that you're being asked to address your problems or emotions and stop running from them, or be aware that someone may be lying to you.

Thank you! Interesting response. So, yes to both:
1) I am aware of my dark side and want to be more aware of it, and yes, fear I find often creeps in too habitually for me to notice, so I need sometimes to snap myself out of it
2) there are definitely people in my surrounding who are lying. I was recently in a situation with my roommates, where logic clearly indicates at least one of them was not telling the truth. The situation is gone, but I still live with them. I do not dwell on it, because there's nothing I can do while I'm still here. So maybe it points yet to another someone... I've had some dreams lately warning me of a certain person, although "in real life" I have not noticed any warning signs. But I guess it's telling to me to at least stop and think.

zayats

I :heart: Owls!

I wonder if the Owls that are appearing to you are about taking in more, like expanding what you can see in normal life or your intuitive / spiritual side or your wisdom. It's like viewing life with tunnel vision but there might be something missing on that very wide visual range that Owls have. There is stuff for you to find out in your spiritual journey perhaps. It's definitely a fabulous symbol of the subconscious!

People who have Owls as their spirit guides are great at seeing through the hidden factors, it's the true reality. (They represent the Swords suit characters in the Wild Unknown for example).

and the fact they are recycled items, this could go two ways. Could it represent as symbolism that you want to relive the past, not throw away things? or maybe it represents sorting out the past. You know how we take things and put them in different boxes.

I think this symbolism for me is about sorting out your life as you now see the whole truth! But it looks like you are moving on to a new phase or cycle and you have enlightenment in some form.
Thank you, an interesting take on things. And yeah, aren't they adorable? :D

I think you are right in saying I am rearranging my past in a way and seeing through the garbage, creating wisdom out of rubbish, so to speak. So if that takes me to some next phase, then may it be so. Because, no doubt, I have learnt a lot, but still I want to move forward - so maybe it's telling me to pay particular attention right now. Yes, there is still a lot to learn, I hope, and perhaps through spirituality. I am not sure if the owl is my spirit guide (someone once did a reading for me and it was a different, yet also a powerful bird), but perhaps it has now come to my life for a reason.

bluelagune

Owels hunt at night and they hunt mice. Mice are pests. So the question is who are your curent pests? You brain has output a warning signal to pay attention and watch for pests. Are you going to hunt? How are you going to catch these people?

celticnoodle

Zayats, I love owls too. Something magical and mystical and just special about them.

and, what a cool piece of eco street art to find! That had to be lovely to see! It sounds incredible.

Does that have any significance at all or it's just a nice co-incidence bringing a little of art into my life? What are your thoughts on this? And owls in general - it's always interesting to learn more. Thanks :)

I would say yes, the art you are seeing and even on tv, in commercials, on labels you see--ANY way and anywhere you see an owl, it is definitely trying to get your attention - (and it did!) and for a reason.

After all, people have power animals that aren't always in their immediate area--can you imagine if someone had the elephant for a power animal and they lived in NYC or Chicago? So, how else would they find their elephant calling out to them? So, yes, the owl is reaching out to you in the one way it can. And, it worked!

Here is the link to one of my favorite sites on power animals. Maybe it will also help you to find out more about the owl and what the message could be that it has for you.

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/owl-power-animal-symbol-of-wisdom-stealth-secrecy-part-i

Definitely read up on the owl, whether its on the site above or other sites--and read all you can about it. The more you know of it, the more you'll begin to understand why it is coming to you so strongly.

I also think Daniel had some good points on the owl in your case (great job, Daniel!).

zayats

Owels hunt at night and they hunt mice. Mice are pests. So the question is who are your curent pests? You brain has output a warning signal to pay attention and watch for pests. Are you going to hunt? How are you going to catch these people?

Thanks, bluelagune! Well yes, indeed, I am now more aware of my surroundings being more agile and alert before. I am not trying to catch anyone but just being watchful and careful. I guess the owl(s) might be warning me about a situation where there are pests around, as you put it, but right now I don't know who/what they are. Gonna stay alert!

zayats

Zayats, I love owls too. Something magical and mystical and just special about them.

and, what a cool piece of eco street art to find! That had to be lovely to see! It sounds incredible.
Hi CN! I've found the image on the internet, so I'm guessing it's safe to post here: http://brentwoodarttrail.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/WEEE-Owl-510x382.jpg
Isn't that cool? :D

I would say yes, the art you are seeing and even on tv, in commercials, on labels you see--ANY way and anywhere you see an owl, it is definitely trying to get your attention - (and it did!) and for a reason.

After all, people have power animals that aren't always in their immediate area--can you imagine if someone had the elephant for a power animal and they lived in NYC or Chicago? So, how else would they find their elephant calling out to them? So, yes, the owl is reaching out to you in the one way it can. And, it worked!

Here is the link to one of my favorite sites on power animals. Maybe it will also help you to find out more about the owl and what the message could be that it has for you.

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/owl-power-animal-symbol-of-wisdom-stealth-secrecy-part-i

Definitely read up on the owl, whether its on the site above or other sites--and read all you can about it. The more you know of it, the more you'll begin to understand why it is coming to you so strongly.

I also think Daniel had some good points on the owl in your case (great job, Daniel!).
Thank you! The link was great. Yes, I guess there is something to all this heightened intuition, seeing through deception and being aware of the dark side thing. I get some hunches or dreams but then I take a discerning approach to them, while maybe the owl is telling me to trust my intuition more? I'm talking about some situations where there is some dark involved, like people acting for nefarious reasons or because they're hurt. I don't want to run with such conclusions careful not to project anything or make something more complicated than it is or justifying someone while I shouldn't. But perhaps I should give more thought to those feelings and examine them more rather than reject them. Well, I hope following the owl leads me somewhere indeed and not just to rambling and exercises in thinking;)

celticnoodle

Hi CN! I've found the image on the internet, so I'm guessing it's safe to post here: http://brentwoodarttrail.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/WEEE-Owl-510x382.jpg
Isn't that cool? :D
WOW! That is really cool! How did the artist(s) ever even think of this? Very cool! :thumbsup:

Thank you! The link was great. Yes, I guess there is something to all this heightened intuition, seeing through deception and being aware of the dark side thing. I get some hunches or dreams but then I take a discerning approach to them, while maybe the owl is telling me to trust my intuition more? I'm talking about some situations where there is some dark involved, like people acting for nefarious reasons or because they're hurt. I don't want to run with such conclusions careful not to project anything or make something more complicated than it is or justifying someone while I shouldn't. But perhaps I should give more thought to those feelings and examine them more rather than reject them. Well, I hope following the owl leads me somewhere indeed and not just to rambling and exercises in thinking;)

Well, I would say yes, that the owl most likely is telling you to trust your intution. This is part of owl's message. And, apparently, the owls message is getting through to you, as you are heeding its message. This is good! And, yes, I do believe that the owl will continue to lead you further on this path. Generally, once they come to you to guide you-they stick with you until their "job" is done. :D