Archeon Tarot XIX The Sun

NightTrips

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Only the coldest hearts can find fault with the world when the Sun shines brightly in the sky. The warmth of her embrace reminds us that there is joy in life, and that even the smallest accomplishments are worthy of celebration. To revel in her glow is to acknowledge that sometimes even a single moment of happiness can be the greatest reward.

There will be times when storm clouds seize the sky and hide the Sun from view. It is during these times that we must be patient. Trust that when the tempest has passed, the Sun will indeed return.

The Sun is the ultimate symbol of life, and source of all creation.

Notice the decorative Sun mask smiling at you, the Sunflower dancer, the Sun symbol in lower right corner

The Sun represents: glory, happiness, undisputed success, rewards, fulfillment, prosperity, good health both physical and mental, feeling whole positive and centered, gifts

The Sun inverted represents: minor victory, delayed success, achievement after struggle, same as before only on a smaller scale.

Sanctum_Priest

I find the sun mask rather creepy and not something I can relate to as it's not human. This is a shame because the brightness of life is something that doesn't come out when primitive art is used.

The Northern Wind

NightTrips has given us the interpretation from the LWB. I'd like to give my personal interpretation, although I think Sun is such a strong of a symbol that it speaks to us all in a very similar way.

So, let's start with happiness, as it is the key concept of this card. In fact, happiness IS the Sun. It is situated in the center of the solar system (as illustrated on the card) and it should be in the center of our lives. It's important to note though that "hapiness is a way of travel, not a destination" (LWB). We should not live in anticipation from one moment of happiness to another, but find joy in everyday things, in everything what surrounds us, we should marvel at the world like a child.

The whole card is in motion. Motion means life and life is given to us by the Sun. The card represents a lively, dynamic person who enjoys in different activites and finds fulfillment in them.

I would like to see this card realize itself in my life, because I'm a person who tends to see things negatively. A good portion of optimism would help a lot :). Of course, when reversed, it has the opposite meanings, but let's not spoil the fun :).