astral projection

cozmo0_4

After reading crystalroses post I've decided to post what happened to me last night.

I've been doing lots of meditation and decided to have a go at astral meditation.
My first attempt I fell asleep and woke up 3 hours later. No dreams or anything strange, just nodded off as I was so relaxed.
Second attempt, even though I relaxed fully, I got a throbbing in my head, with tingles all over my body and my hands felt like I'd been gripping really tightly and we're painful after.
Third attempt, and here's where I get freaked out. I listened to the cd, nothing happened and I took the earphones out and went to sleep. I felt like my body was paralysed - my right arm was straight out at shoulder height, and I felt like I was being dragged out of my body from that arm. I couldn't move it and I panicked ! In my head I shouted "stop it, stop it, stop it". And I woke up with a jolt.

Now reading up about sleep paralysis and astral projection a bit more - yes I googled my feeling from last night. It says this is the feeling at the start and I should let go and go out of my body, but my query is, I wasn't trying to at that point. Yes, I'd tried earlier, but then gone to sleep. So is this normal that my mind would want me to try while asleep ? It really did scare me and has popped into my mind a few times during the day, that it'll happen again.

Anyone else does this or tried before ?

My intention is just for love and happiness, not to wander around too much.

Starri Knytes

Astral Projection doesn't ever involve anything coming into our realm and pulling you out of your body. That sounds more like you're opening doors without the benefit of protection. I don't know anyone who has mastered astral projection in one day, one week, and in the majority of cases it takes months, even years to master.

The first thing you should know before ever attempting to separate is how to get back. Saying, "stop it" over and over in a panic is definitely not the way to do that. That's negative energy. Negative energy attracts negative energy. If you want to attract love you must project love.

Astral is a slow meditative process. Your third eye must be open but not engaged. So if your third eye is still in its dormant state you will not succeed.

If you are sure that your third eye has been opened, every day for an entire week practice breathing and relaxation without falling asleep. You need to get to a state of complete blackness with no thought at all, and be able to maintain that state for a period of time.

If you succeed in this the next week practice lying flat with your hands on your belly. When you are in a state of complete blackness free of thought, try to separate and raise your arm only. See your spirit arm rise in your mind, then bring it back down into your body. Feel the weight of it on your belly as you rejoin the spirit with the natural...

Don't be impatient. This is something that shouldn't be rushed despite your expressed desire. You should always seek protection from your guides before you begin, and if you feel afraid or in danger, visualize yourself back in your bed and you will immediately drop back in.

Good luck sweetie[emoji813]Bright and Magical Blessings!

cozmo0_4

Astral Projection doesn't ever involve anything coming into our realm and pulling you out of your body. That sounds more like you're opening doors without the benefit of protection. I don't know anyone who has mastered astral projection in one day, one week, and in the majority of cases it takes months, even years to master.

The first thing you should know before ever attempting to separate is how to get back. Saying, "stop it" over and over in a panic is definitely not the way to do that. That's negative energy. Negative energy attracts negative energy. If you want to attract love you must project love.

Astral is a slow meditative process. Your third eye must be open but not engaged. So if your third eye is still in its dormant state you will not succeed.

If you are sure that your third eye has been opened, every day for an entire week practice breathing and relaxation without falling asleep. You need to get to a state of complete blackness with no thought at all, and be able to maintain that state for a period of time.

If you succeed in this the next week practice lying flat with your hands on your belly. When you are in a state of complete blackness free of thought, try to separate and raise your arm only. See your spirit arm rise in your mind, then bring it back down into your body. Feel the weight of it on your belly as you rejoin the spirit with the natural...

Don't be impatient. This is something that shouldn't be rushed despite your expressed desire. You should always seek protection from your guides before you begin, and if you feel afraid or in danger, visualize yourself back in your bed and you will immediately drop back in.

Good luck sweetie[emoji813]Bright and Magical Blessings!

Sorry yes,the panic was because I'd finished my meditation - there was a gap in time, then I went to sleep and this occurred. I didn't explain properly, and only said I took my earphones out and went to sleep. There was a gap in timing. Which is why it was strange.

I do enjoy the deep relaxation of this and surround myself with a loving and protecting white light, but have now read so much about the fear lots of people get during this.

celticnoodle

Cozmo, I can imagine that was a frightening experience. However, I want to assure you that IF you ever travel astrally and are uncomfortable about it for whatever reason--all you need to do is think or mention that you wish to go back to your body and you will do so.

I have never had an experience such as yours, and your experience does sound quite frightful. I have to second what Starri says though below.

Astral Projection doesn't ever involve anything coming into our realm and pulling you out of your body. That sounds more like you're opening doors without the benefit of protection.

I always practice grounding and protection often. I know some people say this is an unnecessary step, but even if it is--it makes me feel more secure and it doesn't hurt! I also ask my guides to be with me and to protect me whenever I attempt to do ANYTHING like astral traveling, psychic readings and especially psychic-medium work. I highly advise to do the same, even if people tell you otherwise. Better safe then sorry and it truly only takes a few minutes to do.

I also agree with Starris statement here:
Negative energy attracts negative energy. If you want to attract love you must project love.
This is so very, very true on all levels of life.

Good Luck to you.

cozmo0_4

Cozmo, I can imagine that was a frightening experience. However, I want to assure you that IF you ever travel astrally and are uncomfortable about it for whatever reason--all you need to do is think or mention that you wish to go back to your body and you will do so.

I have never had an experience such as yours, and your experience does sound quite frightful. I have to second what Starri says though below.

I always practice grounding and protection often. I know some people say this is an unnecessary step, but even if it is--it makes me feel more secure and it doesn't hurt! I also ask my guides to be with me and to protect me whenever I attempt to do ANYTHING like astral traveling, psychic readings and especially psychic-medium work. I highly advise to do the same, even if people tell you otherwise. Better safe then sorry and it truly only takes a few minutes to do.

I also agree with Starris statement here: This is so very, very true on all levels of life.

Good Luck to you.

Thanks for jumping in here. I really do try and set positive and loving intentions and surround myself in the white light.
I've tried again and just fell asleep halfway through - although I wasn't tired at all. So maybe I'll just practice more meditation and positive intentions before giving this a go again.
Thank you

celticnoodle

Thanks for jumping in here. I really do try and set positive and loving intentions and surround myself in the white light.
I've tried again and just fell asleep halfway through - although I wasn't tired at all. So maybe I'll just practice more meditation and positive intentions before giving this a go again.
Thank you

This sounds like a good plan, cozmo! Good Luck to you. :)