beyond christmas, formerly beyond tomorrow (possible spoilers if talk happens)

Tansey Ella

also to add, I like to watch
A tuna Christmas . It originates out of Texas and is just too funny and very sweet. It is on my Christmas movie watch list.

HOLMES

hi

the thread is for the specific title of beyond Christmas/beyond tomorrow to discuss the spiritual aspects of the movie, and I suppose the modern day take on it,, as lots of it was based on the 1940s state of mind.

we do got a Christmas movies thread here.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34345
which was started back in 2004.

and perhaps we can split the hearts and souls into its own thread on spiritual movies , I loved that movie :)

just doesn't have much to do with this particular move specificially.
I hope more get to see this movie,, beyond Christmas, so I was hoping your reply was that you tracked it down.

celticnoodle

I just found it available to watch on youtube. I haven't watched it yet, fixing my breakfast, and then will settle down to watch it.

I also searched again on amazon, like Ashtaroot did, and found it there, still available in dvd format for a mere $4.99. I just might buy it, if I like it after watching it.

I will also check out the new one listed by Tansy, (thanks, Tansy) "Hearts and Souls". It is also available for purchase on amazon at $9.49.

I have to go look for it:)

ETA I found it which version is the best
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...nd+christmas+dvd&sprefix=beyond+christmas+dvd

celticnoodle

I have just finished watching "Beyond Tomorrow" on you tube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY60x-uLOc0

Holmes, you are so right! What a lovely movie! I do believe the writer of this story must have been a psychic medium, to get it so (IMO) correctly. I don't want to discuss too much, and possibly give away much of the movie to others who have yet to watch it, but wow!

Having the experiences I have with spirits through my mediumship practice, I have to say this movie captures the experience of death as how I feel it is exactly/what I experienced with the spirits who came to me! I love how the 3 old men have a different way into the after life, too. A superb movie! I will most likely purchase it on dvd, since it is so reasonably priced. I cried through out the movie too. I just loved it and I LOVE the character "Michael" as well as Tanya.

Thank you for this. Took me years to actually finally find it so I could watch it! It will now be up there on my top ten list of favorite Christmas movies to watch. :thumbsup:

HOLMES

let's talk about it "spoilers "

this thread was made in 2007 so people had some years to pick up a copy, except for new people who just got here this year of course.

mediumship ability

it would seem the old lady Madame Tanya was the one with the gift, feeling their presence,, and using her intuition to find the letter to give to the young couple.
it would seem in the movie at least that was the last time she felt their presence though. she was inuitative feeling she wouldn't see them again, or that the young man was going to get in trouble later .

survival beyond death.

the three men spirits survive past death , which is good eh.
the key thing here is they didnt' have their old pains of their old bodies and they werent' stuck as earth bound spirits but moved on when they were "called"

the characters
I found madame Tanya to be especially a cool character for the acteress is what what made the old wolfman movie series special to me.
it is kind of humbling that she used to be a counteress yet now is a host of the three rich men.

George melton
an interesting take on moving into the light ,, he showed no remorse for his crimes as he went into the darkness. I found that noble for he said "it needed doing " and so he didnt' become a hyprocite.

the darkness
here it isnt' a man with a pitch fork, but it seemed as George created his personal darkness as he sat there.. so when he was called, he went not scared or trying to fight it.
it was his friendship and the lost of his anger/possible hate that allowed him to come out of the darkness.

Arlene terry
it was mention on imdb that in today present society she wouldn't be so bad for she was a lady in a loveless marriage or so it would seem, trying to work hard at her career. looking for love.
the notion she had no soul to go on, wouldn't sell today but rather it would be more like she passed over having no substance.

on wiki for this film,, one reviewer called the premise after the plane crash preposterous now it would be more accepted.
as I recall the Disney movie the tooth fairy , the couple trying to tell the spirit to go into the light eheh, when it was just the tooth fairy.

the decision

it think when the voice said to micheal "you are called only once " is a test for him to give up his friend and go into the light (he still would of been accepted ?it isnt' said in the movie , a kind of unlikely angel test with dolly parton that I got on dvd where the angel told her she has to come now or send her down. and she said send me down , as she wanted to help look for the boy but that is a different movie )

when he gets called again and the voice said your mother would give us no peace.. I got very emotional watching that as I know my mom wouldnt' give them no peace til I went over lol.

what you think celtic noodle ..
and anyone else who saw the movie.

I think chadwick while didnt' add much in the way of medium, or ghostly teaching.. he did give an image of what heaven is.. and that is a teaching that is prevalent in some of the medium today that we each get our personal heaven. like in the movie what dreams may come with robin Williams.

I sure would like to see a remake of this movie today.

mingbop

HOLMES that's a very deep good post. I have marked this on youtube and will watch it this afternoon :)
You say you'd like to see a remake - that wouldn't be as good as the original I don't think. They were really into spiritualism in the 1920s and 30s, and when WW2 broke out a lot of people turned back to it. I've read a lot of books about the war and many people mention going to mediums to find out about loved ones MIA. Also look up Blithe Spirit, that's a very famous wartime film about a medium. They knew more about this stuff then I believe.
I will watch it, thanks for posting this Holmesy :)

celticnoodle

Hi Ming,

I do hope you get to watch it and come back and put your feelings regarding the movie. I loved it, and its obvious our Holmes did as well. :)

Good to see you here again--also a Merry Christmas to you and yours & Happy New Year, my friend!

Aunty Anthea

Just started watching 'Beyond Christmas' on youtube :love:

celticnoodle

mediumship ability

it would seem the old lady Madame Tanya was the one with the gift, feeling their presence,, and using her intuition to find the letter to give to the young couple.
it would seem in the movie at least that was the last time she felt their presence though. she was inuitative feeling she wouldn't see them again, or that the young man was going to get in trouble later .

yes, Madame Tanya was definitely intuitive and a psychic-medium. She trusted her intuition too--which isn't always so easy. She was an interesting character.

survival beyond death.

the three men spirits survive past death , which is good eh.
the key thing here is they didnt' have their old pains of their old bodies and they werent' stuck as earth bound spirits but moved on when they were "called"

Yes, I loved how this was portrayed. I can remember the first time my sister had a spirit visit her. She doesn't really like mediumship and won't practice with it--mostly fearful of how others will label her and treat her if they knew of her abilities. At any rate, the first time she had a spirit visit her, she was in her twenties (first spirit she knew, I should say, as we all grew up seeing spirits) and it happened to be an uncle of ours who had passed away. Our Uncle had polio and was confined to a wheelchair, however, when he visited my sister, he was without the wheelchair and walking around as if he never had anything wrong with him. She commented on this fact, that he wasn't in his wheelchair, and he told her that he has no pain and he was perfectly healthy in heaven. Wheelchairs weren't required, and he could walk around again, like anyone else.

That always stuck with me--that part of her visit by our dear Uncle. He spent the better part of 40+ years in a wheelchair and required a lot of help with everything, so to know that all of this was removed is kind of up-lifting.

In the movie, I liked how each of the characters also indicated their usual pains were gone--the minor and the major pains--all gone. Each of them felt good again.

Also, important is how they pointed out that in death all three of the spirits went right back 'home'. Home, where they lived prior to their deaths. Where they were most comfortable and where they felt they belonged. In the house, where they were living and among those they loved--Madame Tanya, but they also were able to follow the two young people that had most recently come into their lives and were still instrumental in how things would play out. They couldn't really 'change' things--but they could help things along in the right way. However, it is still up to the living to actually make the changes. (more on this later)

the characters
I found madame Tanya to be especially a cool character for the acteress is what what made the old wolfman movie series special to me.
it is kind of humbling that she used to be a counteress yet now is a host of the three rich men.
I do not know that movie series, so can't really comment--save to say I felt she also did a great job.

Also, to note, that in this time frame of when this movie was made, it was common, I think for people to 'rent rooms' in their homes out to people. I had a great aunt, who wasn't a countess, but she was fairly wealthy in her own right. She had a very large home with about four or five bedrooms, and she often rented them out to people. Mostly her 'tenants' were men who were professors at the college just down the street from her large home. She also provided them with breakfast and dinner and they had use of a few of the rooms within her home. It was almost like a B&B is today--save that she also provided dinner.

George melton
an interesting take on moving into the light ,, he showed no remorse for his crimes as he went into the darkness. I found that noble for he said "it needed doing " and so he didnt' become a hyprocite.
yes, I loved that too. I feel this is how it is for us too--when we are 'dark' in life. We go through a sort of 'cleansing' I guess. If we walked in darkness in life, we will also do so in death. However, by the end of the movie, he was 'cleansed'. He saw how the way he lived was not right and he admitted to and accepted that he was wrong in living that way--and was able to come out of the darkness and enter into the light of the afterlife/heaven.

the darkness
here it isnt' a man with a pitch fork, but it seemed as George created his personal darkness as he sat there.. so when he was called, he went not scared or trying to fight it.
it was his friendship and the lost of his anger/possible hate that allowed him to come out of the darkness.
oops, should've added this in the above--and too lazy to cut and paste--so...

It is also good to note that there is always hope. Even after death--there is still hope that you can be cleansed--IF you are willing. Some spirits tell me when they come to me, how they are sorry for their actions in certain things while they were living. I think it is the same sort of thing. I have also read and had some spirits comment to me similar things about how they were 'helped' in heaven to see where they were wrong. They accepted that they were wrong and they felt remorse for that and were finally able to enter into the light.

Arlene terry
it was mention on imdb that in today present society she wouldn't be so bad for she was a lady in a loveless marriage or so it would seem, trying to work hard at her career. looking for love.
the notion she had no soul to go on, wouldn't sell today but rather it would be more like she passed over having no substance.
yes, that was the one part that I didnt care too much for, the line, "she had now soul to go on". I didn't care much for her character in this movie--as she was somewhat ruthless, but she wasn't all bad either. I don't recall the character, James Houston, ever telling Arlene Terry that he was engaged to be married. So, I felt James was actually a bit of a cad tbh. I didn't much like him, really. Though he did redeem himself, it wasn't until AFTER his death and after he was brought back to life, that he did so. Shame on him still!!! So, I feel Arlene couldn't really be held 100% accountable for that--James Houston was more at fault there. It was HIS choice and he made the wrong one!

on wiki for this film,, one reviewer called the premise after the plane crash preposterous now it would be more accepted.
as I recall the Disney movie the tooth fairy , the couple trying to tell the spirit to go into the light eheh, when it was just the tooth fairy.
:laugh: I don't know that movie! Too funny.

So many people (mediums and non-mediums alike) feel that any spirit we see and/or hear, 'must' be stuck here on earth and has to be told and helped to find and walk into the light. I do not believe this at all. I KNOW it isn't true! Now, there are some stuck spirits, yes, but not EVERY spirit we encounter is stuck. I have helped some spirits into the light and I have encountered others who are being held back here for one reason or another and they refuse to walk into the light - yet. They are waiting for someone/something first--and don't realize that walking into the light will not prevent them from still being with their loved ones here on the earthly plane. That they can still connect with them. But, the decision has to be theirs and they won't be stuck forever. Also, spirits who have gone into the light can still come and connect with us. They also help us. They can't completely change things as we are always in control, but they can help us if we ask them to.

the decision

it think when the voice said to micheal "you are called only once " is a test for him to give up his friend and go into the light (he still would of been accepted ?it isnt' said in the movie , a kind of unlikely angel test with dolly parton that I got on dvd where the angel told her she has to come now or send her down. and she said send me down , as she wanted to help look for the boy but that is a different movie )

when he gets called again and the voice said your mother would give us no peace.. I got very emotional watching that as I know my mom wouldnt' give them no peace til I went over lol.

what you think celtic noodle ..
and anyone else who saw the movie.

:laugh: I loved that part, when they said his mother would give them no peace! Sounds like an Irish mother looking after her son. :D I am not familiar however, with the Dolly Parton movie you speak of. You'll have to give me that title too, if you have it.

I feel that there is always time to walk into the light. As I mentioned above, I know of many spirits who have come to me, have mentioned they were fearful of walking into the light. They were fearful of death, even though they weren't feeling any threat at the moment. Some of them are sort of stuck in their fear. Many do not see the angels and other loved ones who are there to help them to move into the light. It can even be fear of letting go of what they know. The darkness isn't always due to the fact that they did something wrong that they havent yet admitted to. It can also be their fears. Fear is a very strong feeling and if you allow it to rule your life, (and death), it will. But, you can always overcome it. It again and still is up to you--just as in life, we are always able to chose our way, we have the same choices in death too. We have free will - always.

I think in death, the actual difference is that we realize finally, we dont have the same limitations we had in life. If we were crippled in life, in death we aren't. Whatever 'hurts' we suffered in life are suddenly lifted from us in death, and sometimes we just have to take a moment and realize this before we can come out of the darkness. Sometimes we go immediately into the light and sometimes we do not. It is up to us, but it also helps us if we get the prayers of others here left behind, when we pass. At least, I believe this--not trying to force my thoughts on others, but I feel our prayers (prayer in however you feel a prayer is) for our loved ones and also for those whom we do not know--can help those who pass on.

I think chadwick while didnt' add much in the way of medium, or ghostly teaching.. he did give an image of what heaven is.. and that is a teaching that is prevalent in some of the medium today that we each get our personal heaven. like in the movie what dreams may come with robin Williams.

I sure would like to see a remake of this movie today.

Yes, we each do get the heaven we want. I've had the honor of being allowed into heaven, sort of, many times with my guides and with other spirits whom have come to me.

I have a few experiences with my own departed loved ones and what 'their heaven' is, as well. The same thing seems to constantly appear--the passed over person is often greeted and with their loved ones who have passed on before and after. Relatives and friends. They also 'meet' new friends in heaven as well.

Twice, in my mediumship activities, I can recall spirits that I connected with and they have come to know other spirits they never knew in life--that were also connecting with me around the same time. They become friends then, and still come to me at times for their loved ones, but always with 'this other' spirit.

I guess I have to probably explain it better. I was doing spirit readings for customers years ago, and often I'd have five to eight different people I'd be reading for. These people didn't know each other at all. Their loved ones in spirit didn't know each other either. But, apparently, the spirits would be 'in line' so to speak--waiting for their turn to come through me for their loved one with a message. While in line, they become aquainted with the other spirits also in line. They strike up conversations with each other and before you know it, they become friends! :laugh: so, it appears even in the spirit world, our friendship circle can continue to grow!

It was lightly touched upon in the Beyond Tomorrow movie. Though Michael the Irishman did know of his friends, (Allan Chadwick) deceased son, David--he had never met him, until they all passed away and it was time for Allan to walk into the light. David, his son, came to greet him and lead him into the light. Allan had introduced his son to Michael and they briefly spoke to each other. :) I liked that little bit as well, in this movie.

Overall, an excellent movie that touched on so many things that I found to be so accurate in life and death--as far as I can know anyway, through my dealings with spirit. I just found the movie very entertaining. While I can also say, I'd like to see a remake of it--I do think like Mingbop says, the remake would probably never be as good as the original. They seldom are!

celticnoodle

Aunty Anthea, I hope you enjoy it as much as Holmes and I did! I also hope you'll come back and give your thoughts to each of the things Holmes and I had to say on it. Enjoy!!!