Bird Flies Into Your House Omen

GotH

Has anyone heard of the death omen of a bird flying into your house? They say if a bird flies into your house, it's a signal that death of someone you know is coming within a week or two. This happened to me a few weeks ago and sure enough an elderly family member passed within the second week.

I'm curious if anyone has ever experienced this too?

Laurelle

Has anyone heard of the death omen of a bird flying into your house? They say if a bird flies into your house, it's a signal that death of someone you know is coming within a week or two. This happened to me a few weeks ago and sure enough an elderly family member passed within the second week.

I'm curious if anyone has ever experienced this too?

Yes, I've heard of this. A friends father died and a cardinal flew into his house.

My mother-in-law was driving and two black birds flew in front of her car, soon that day her two sons died. I also saw a plethora of birds just coming and sitting on my balcony around the same time.

Flames

Hi GotH!
You must have been typing this out while I was dreaming - of birds in my house. I was in a very deep sleep and it felt like Groundhog day every time I got up to go into the other room (in the dream). And there they were, at least, 6 sparrows on the ground with puddles of water in some places around them. The first thought that came to mind was, "Oh no, isn't this a sign of death?" I instantly felt so helpless and torn up about seeing them but continued walking past into the other room...I'll end describing the dream right there but I do find it interesting that I'd had it an hour ago and now here I am connecting to A.T. only to come across your question...I've never experienced an actual bird flying into my place but I know that if I did, I would not get a good feeling about it. I've seen a couple of birds fly into the window (while closed) and hurt themselves and I guess, if the window had been open, they would have come right through...

I grew up on that omen - I can't see anything good about it. I guess I'm really superstitious that way. There were two deaths in my family - a couple of weeks apart, this past November. One was a distant relative and the other quite close. In both cases, I'd had 'interesting' dreams right before, similar to the flavour I experienced with the one about the birds...but, only time will tell, I suppose. Pockets of 2016 have been so dark - I really don't want to hear about another death!

GotH

Yes, I've heard of this. A friends father died and a cardinal flew into his house.

My mother-in-law was driving and two black birds flew in front of her car, soon that day her two sons died. I also saw a plethora of birds just coming and sitting on my balcony around the same time.
Birds are very symbolic I've come to learn. There is something about Ravens and Crows especially.. Owls are another death messaging bird. Perhaps it's symbolic of "freeing of the soul."

Hi GotH!
You must have been typing this out while I was dreaming - of birds in my house. I was in a very deep sleep and it felt like Groundhog day every time I got up to go into the other room (in the dream). And there they were, at least, 6 sparrows on the ground with puddles of water in some places around them. The first thought that came to mind was, "Oh no, isn't this a sign of death?" I instantly felt so helpless and torn up about seeing them but continued walking past into the other room...I'll end describing the dream right there but I do find it interesting that I'd had it an hour ago and now here I am connecting to A.T. only to come across your question...I've never experienced an actual bird flying into my place but I know that if I did, I would not get a good feeling about it. I've seen a couple of birds fly into the window (while closed) and hurt themselves and I guess, if the window had been open, they would have come right through...

I grew up on that omen - I can't see anything good about it. I guess I'm really superstitious that way. There were two deaths in my family - a couple of weeks apart, this past November. One was a distant relative and the other quite close. In both cases, I'd had 'interesting' dreams right before, similar to the flavour I experienced with the one about the birds...but, only time will tell, I suppose. Pockets of 2016 have been so dark - I really don't want to hear about another death!
Yes, I had been thinking about this for some time and then just today I decided to post on it. I have to run but I'll write more soon..

Laurelle

Birds are very symbolic I've come to learn. There is something about Ravens and Crows especially.. Owls are another death messaging bird. Perhaps it's symbolic of "freeing of the soul."

In my case and my mother-in-laws, they were black crows.

Tanga

Interesting.

Nope - I've never had that.
Where I grew up in the wilderness - birds flying in was quite common (amongst other things).
Once-in-a-while now in the big city that I'm in, (with some substantial greenery at my back door) - leaving the doors open in Summer may invite a bird in. (last, it was a wood pigeon - though now I have a cat so this is less likely.).

My Nanny was Kikuyu (one of the 42 tribes of Kenya) - and their bird omen was - if you see or hear a Scops owl, it means someone is dying.
We had a pair of nesting Scops owls in the giant bamboo at the bottom of our garden.
So - if I wanted to see them, I'd go when she's gone home and never tell her I'd seen them there (or she'd throw stones to scare them away).
In some Native America culture - the owl is considered the harbinger of death I think.

I've read that Sparrows can be seen as psychopomps. So - I always think of that when I see them. Though it doesn't bother me. Death and Life are one.

There have been a few deaths around me this year. One family-in-law.
No birds. (and I am generally more observant than most - especially with wildlife because I grew up in it).

Flames

I've read that Sparrows can be seen as psychopomps. So - I always think of that when I see them. Though it doesn't bother me. Death and Life are one.

Thanks for mentioning psychopomps because there were other birds around the sparrows in my dream that looked like this, except they stood out because their wings were a deep navy blue.

http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/9/96/Nosoi.jpg/250px-Nosoi.jpg

I didn't bring them up because I wasn't sure what they were. Wow, "a guide of souls to the place of the dead." Makes sense. Thanks for that, Tanga.

Laura Borealis

The number of birds may be significant, like in the old rhyme.

One for sorrow,
Two for mirth,
Three for a wedding,
Four for a birth.
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret,
Never to be told.

Cocobird55

A parakeet flew into my house one day. Couldn't find the owner. The bird bonded with Pym, my other parakeet, and they shared a cage and were close friends.

danieljuk

I've noticed some older British folk (80 years plus) here have a real superstition and knowledge about the bird traditions where as I am a bit vague on it. Like they will salute magpies and there is a whole lot of tales they learnt as children and Laura's rhyme there. But I have heard that rhyme used for both Magpies and Crows. I am wary of superstitions which demonise living things, like what happened to Black Cats. But that's just a personal view.

I do look out for signs and messages in nature and I often see Magpies and Crows around but it doesn't seem to have any significance to me. I have heard many different variants of the Bird Death omens and I get they could be messengers but I have heard that if they fly into your house or if they fly into your window or if you are sick in bed and a bird comes pecking at the window, that is a bad sign! There is many variants of the same bad omen.

Obviously GotH, yours was definitely a message and I am sorry for your loss :( :heart: But I have had birds come in the house and fly into windows and nothing happened in that time frame! So I am not sure but have heard those tales and do look out for them but I am not going to do a Lucile Ball and change my wallpaper with birds printed on it :)