Blessed Yule!

HearthCricket

From my altar you your. A very Blessed Yule! Rejoice! The Holly King gives over to the Oak King, and the sun returns!!

decan

Thanks! Your altar is great!

I am not a Wiccan but I read from time to time some writings by Scott Cunningham, for the general energy.

I am waiting my Bonefire Tarot for the Winter Solstice, what you call Yule, that's a good omen!

Padma

HearthCricket, what a lovely altar! Sending you good greeting and good wishes on this fine and sunny Solstice day! :love:

May your Yule be joyful :)

Tanga

What's on there HearthCricket? (Altar)

Who's the white Lady on the left with something in her hands.
And the guy on the right that makes me think of Hephaestus?

Mi-Shell

We do celebrate the Winter Solstice and also always have a Yule log. This year we had 2 of them. Yule logs are always adorned with written Prayers, for us personally, for the family and for all my patients. The Yule log then goes unto the Fire to release the wishes and Prayers.
This year I also put on a Winter Solstice celebration for the family of one of my students. They had 2 sudden and tragic deaths in the family in the last 3 months and just could not face X-mas and do what they always had done.
So they needed a change.
They came to our house and got exposed to the ways, the Winter Solstice was celebrated in many different parts of the world and in many different traditions. We also had a second Yule log for them, as well as a Wishing Tree, where we went around the circle and everyone hung ornaments representing wishes and prayers. We went around and around until all the many ornaments were dedicated and placed. Then, there was a feast, a Yule-club present grab/ exchange with nice treasures, funky gags and trick parcels full of coal and sticks and fun.....
It was a good evening.

Attachments

• DSCN3314.jpg
    DSCN3314.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 146
  • _DSC4847 (2).jpg
    _DSC4847 (2).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 140
  • putting up another wish Altar and Yule log.jpg
    putting up another wish Altar and Yule log.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Wishing Tree and parts of family Altar.jpg
    Wishing Tree and parts of family Altar.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Yule log prayed over and into the fire.jpg
    Yule log prayed over and into the fire.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 144

HearthCricket

What's on there HearthCricket? (Altar)

Who's the white Lady on the left with something in her hands.
And the guy on the right that makes me think of Hephaestus?

Hi! So sorry I have not responded. I had forgotten all about this thread and went into hibernation mode during the very busy holiday season! :D

That is a Valkyrie on the left with a cup of mead in her hands (Skol!) and on the right is Herne the Hunter. Unless you mean the smaller statue, which is the Slavic deity Svarog, so yes, related to Hephaestus. He is hanging out there to represent the return of the Sun! :)

HearthCricket

We do celebrate the Winter Solstice and also always have a Yule log. This year we had 2 of them. Yule logs are always adorned with written Prayers, for us personally, for the family and for all my patients. The Yule log then goes unto the Fire to release the wishes and Prayers.
This year I also put on a Winter Solstice celebration for the family of one of my students. They had 2 sudden and tragic deaths in the family in the last 3 months and just could not face X-mas and do what they always had done.
So they needed a change.
They came to our house and got exposed to the ways, the Winter Solstice was celebrated in many different parts of the world and in many different traditions. We also had a second Yule log for them, as well as a Wishing Tree, where we went around the circle and everyone hung ornaments representing wishes and prayers. We went around and around until all the many ornaments were dedicated and placed. Then, there was a feast, a Yule-club present grab/ exchange with nice treasures, funky gags and trick parcels full of coal and sticks and fun.....
It was a good evening.

That third picture is positively magical! Thank you for sharing. What a gentle and beautiful way to help the family deal with sudden loss and create new traditions to heal by.

Tanga

That is a Valkyrie on the left with a cup of mead in her hands (Skol!)

...Skuld? - the 3rd Norn, leader of the Valkiries? - "chooser of the dead"?
(check out Photo).
There once was a statuette like that in my favourite esoteric bookstore which I was attracted to...
Sadly it was the last one and was damaged when I went to buy it...

and on the right is Herne the Hunter. Unless you mean the smaller statue, which is the Slavic deity Svarog, so yes, related to Hephaestus. He is hanging out there to represent the return of the Sun! :)

I recognised Herne/Cernunnos. :)
Thank you.

Attachments

• SKULDPrincessOfSwords.jpg
    SKULDPrincessOfSwords.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 132

HearthCricket

...Skuld? - the 3rd Norn, leader of the Valkiries? - "chooser of the dead"?
(check out Photo).
There once was a statuette like that in my favourite esoteric bookstore which I was attracted to...
Sadly it was the last one and was damaged when I went to buy it...

I recognised Herne/Cernunnos. :)
Thank you.

Just a valkyrie, not any particular one that I am aware of. I was toasting you like a Viking with the cheer "Skol", which means "cheers" or "good health". Sorry for the confusion! My apologies!

Tanga

Just a valkyrie, not any particular one that I am aware of. I was toasting you like a Viking with the cheer "Skol", which means "cheers" or "good health". Sorry for the confusion! My apologies!

Oh - Haha! :joke:
And to you too.
Still, the mis-understanding inspired me to pull out my Barbara G Walker Tarot book and dip into it again. :)