Cigarette Smoke?

tarotlova

I have been smelling this for the last week or so and even now when I am typing this. This has been going on for years does this mean there is a spirit near me who smokes! :eek: Interestingly when I burn incense it goes away for awhile then comes back, I never feel threatened though just interested to hear others opinions on this. I do have a cousin who passed last November and was a smoker could it be her?

Apollonia

I have been smelling this for the last week or so and even now when I am typing this. This has been going on for years does this mean there is a spirit near me who smokes! :eek: Interestingly when I burn incense it goes away for awhile then comes back, I never feel threatened though just interested to hear others opinions on this. I do have a cousin who passed last November and was a smoker could it be her?
IMO it well could be her. I used to smell cigarette smoke all the time in my house. It drove me crazy trying to figure out if there was someone outside smoking (nope). I finally figured out that it was my dad, who was a smoker and had passed some years ago.

At a different time in my life, I would smell this really sweet pipe tobacco, but that was usually when I was outside. I think that one may have been my uncle, who liked to smoke a cherry blend tobacco in his pipe.

celticnoodle

I agree that it is probably your cousin. My father also comes to me and 99% of the time, if he doesn't materialize before me--I know he's there because I smell cigarettes. He was a serious smoker.

My maternal uncle was as well--but a different brand from daddy. I am always able to tell who it is by the aroma of the smoke--yet in real life, I'm not sure I'd be able to do that. :laugh:

My other uncle--a paternal uncle, smoked a pipe all the time. When he visits--I can smell that.

Next time you smell it, be sure to tell her hello and that you know she is with you. :)

RiverRunsDeep

Do you know if any of your neighbors smoke? For the longest time, I thought I was crazy because I could clearly smell cigarette smoke in our house, even though all of us are non-smokers. I finally realized our neighbor was smoking outside on his deck, and the smell would carry all the way into our house. I do believe that spirits can leave "scents", but I also believe in ruling out the obvious first. :)

tarotlova

Thank you all for the replies, yes I have been peeking around fences to see if it is a neighbor who is smoking I haven't caught anyone yet! :bugeyed: I went to a park the other day and asked who this spirit was, I am thinking that it could be my Dad's Mother as died from cancer and was a really heavy smoker, I never got to meet her as she died when I was 12 and lived in England. My brother took me to England when I was 13 and I met my Grandfather he was a smoker too. Since I have asked this question with the Tarot and it got answered the smoke is not as pungent now, it comes on very lightly which seems to confirm it is my Grandmother and possibly Grandfather too. Of course it could be my cousin as I did smell that when she died and I lit a candle and said a prayer for her, but because this has been happening years before that I think it is more the Grandparents then anything.

Milfoil

Smelling smoke (when none is there) is called Phantosmia. I get it occasionally and it's really annoying. Often it is associated with sinus infections, vertigo, damage to olfactory nerve or, in very rare cases, brain tumor. If it persists, perhaps best to have a quick chat with a Doctor, just to rule out anything odd.

Thoughtful

I have woken in the night to the smell of cigars which l put down to my Great Grandfather who smoked them, always the best ones :) This was confirmed by a medium who did not know this.

Since my Mother passed on l have had the most beautiful soft scent of roses which surrounds me occasionally. My Mother loved roses so that makes a lot of sense. My daughter sometimes gets the scent of baking around her, which is another thing my Mother loved doing, we all loved her bread, cakes and pies.

For those who have mediumistic/psychic gifts it's quite common to smell a scent that is associated with those who are passed. It's also very comforting.