Court cards: can they have more than one meaning?

Soraya

Hi everyone,

recently I drew the knight of swords as my "card of the day". That day I went on a trip (to a meeting in another town), the meeting included some verbal battles and one of the participants behaved like the knight of swords (aggressive, assertive, arguing etc.)

So I am wondering: what did the knight of swords signify: the trip, the meeting, the aggressive speaker - or all three of them?

Soraya

cj

Soraya (12 Dec, 2001 20:50):
Hi everyone,

recently I drew the knight of swords as my "card of the day". That day I went on a trip (to a meeting in another town), the meeting included some verbal battles and one of the participants behaved like the knight of swords (aggressive, assertive, arguing etc.)

I think it the card represented the trip in as a whole...the Knights to me are controlled movement..with a purpose...the swords are of the mind (usually a conflict).

PS what deck did you use..depending on the image, the meaning changes...

Just a thought,

cj

DeLani

I agree; the court cards' meanings do change somewhat depending on the deck. I think their meaning has more to do with personalities than events, per se, but that's just a "rule of thumb." I think in your case, the card did represent the trip as a whole - including the confrontation with the aggressive person.
Just a suggestion here - for more clarification, I would do a 3-card daily spread. It just gives more info than one card can possibly give. I've seen many variations on this: Body/Mind/Spirit; Past/Present/Future; Morning/Mid-day/Night; Feelings/Actions/Surroundings (this is the one I get). The best way to figure it out, as well as learn more about the cards and how to read them, is to keep a daily Tarot journal so you can see what cards you drew, what you thought they meant, and what really happened. Within a month you should notice a pattern, and this will be the triad you can use with clarity.
Blessed Be,
DeLani

Soraya

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I used the RW deck (my only one as I do not seem to like any other decks I have come across).

Cheers
Soraya