Courts, courts, and more courts

Little Baron

I keep drawing courts. It doesn't matter what deck it is from. I keep getting kings and knights and pages. Not so many queens.

And as a daily draw, I find them a little difficult to understand in my day. Unless I see them as someone who enters it.

Any ideas? This has been happening for some time. Months or more. I just get so many of them. And if I pick again, I get another one.

LB

Apocalipstick

Maybe you're going through an extroverted phase, where a lot of what's going on in your life has to do with interacting with others. Granted, we can't really ever separate ourselved from that, but there are those times when interpersonal communication takes center stage.

I've encountered Court-mania before, and it was usually in relation to opening nights and theatre. Mostly Knights and Pages, which I took to refer more to the frenzied pace surrounding tech week and openings than to actual people.

I've also seen a glut of Courts crop up in relation to people in the PR/convention business, conferences, public speaking, team projects and even a grant proposal.

Another way to look at this is a proliferation of ideas. Lots of projects going on at once or being started.

You can also go the route of, input from others and cooperation are essential to whatever's going on.

Courts tend to be overwhelming, at least for me. I usually see very little alone-time coming when Courts pow-wow in a spread.

I'm curious to see what others have to say about this.

elvenstar

Really interesting ideas Apocalipstick! Some more suggestions:

You driving the events, you choosing how to handle various things, you displaying these characteristics. I mean they're not Majors (more difficult to swing around :D) nor minors, mostly describing events. Granted all of the cards can talk about everything but courts are good at expressing attitudes. So perhaps attitudes, and most probably your own, are an important factor lately?

Also maybe this is a period in your life where you're redefining yourself, trying out different personas like hats to see if they fit until you can truly integrate them. The fact that queens, who tend to be more controlling/controlled and passive/receptive, don't put in a frequent appearance, is interesting too. It could mean that these are not aspects of yourself you're working with at the moment.

Is there a suit that seems to be more persistent? Some other kind of pattern?

Little Baron

I havn't really noted the suits, to be honest; just that I have so many 'people' cards. Life is busier than usual and I do have the opportunity to meet with more people than I did, say, four months ago.

I have started a study group and received my Prague book yesterday. I had planned to sit and read through quietly today, which is possibly why the Managerie 'Page of Coins' popped up, idicating study and quiet learning.

LB

suedeheadsmiths

I know there was a thread about what I'm going to say before, but I just started reading Understanding the Tarot Court by Mary K. Greer and Tom Little and I got to say just from the first few pages I really like it. Lots raved about it on here.

Good Luck, Chris

Little Baron

It's still happening. In the last four days -

Knight of Coins
Page of Coins
Queen of Coins

Teheuti

I'm not going to go through all the possibilities of what many courts can mean but rather suggest that it either indicates the influence of a lot of different people or the conflicting needs of different parts of yourself. Try giving each one a voice and asking what it wants or needs. Or, ask what each Court Card would recommend that you do about other cards in the situation. Listen to their opinions with respect. This allows these different parts of yourself to be heard and they may quit nagging you!

Mary

sharpchick

LittleBuddha said:
It's still happening. In the last four days -

Knight of Coins
Page of Coins
Queen of Coins

I'd say take a look at the people at your job, or people in finance who somehow have some influence on you.