Curses, hexes and all the evil stuff

bluelagune

Does anyone here know what cards to look for or what spread to use to find out if anyone has bound you or drove you out?

Or any spread ideas?

Thanks.

G6

What does bound you mean?

G6

Had a binding spell placed on you; they are intended to keep the target from accomplishing something.

Wow, if you guys come up with a spread I'd like a reading to see if anyone is doing this to me.

pink daliha

Why not just ask the Tarot about it? Just posit the question - Has someone cast a negative/ binding spell on me? Depending on the spread you use, the cards that would come up would be the Devil, 3 of Swords (Often in the use of black magic or curses), The 5 of Swords (someone actively gloating), or the 9 of Swords (psychological torture or emotional/psychic vampires)
Further edit: Almost any card could point to negativity or shadow workings, as with anything, context and intent matter a lot.
If the tarot doesn't come up with any of these or in a way that doesn't makes sense, be prepared to ask why you feel that you are being cast against. Sometimes we feel that others are conspiring against us when there're really not.

Barleywine

Does anyone here know what cards to look for or what spread to use to find out if anyone has bound you or drove you out?

Or any spread ideas?

Thanks.

Here's an idea: the Pennsylvania Dutch used "hex signs" to decorate their barns, and there is one school of thought that considers them talismanic, or protective, in nature. Maybe a spread based loosely on a hex sign design might have some usefulness. Many of them seem to have six or eight elements, which would probably be workable; I'm attaching a link to a few pictures.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...age&va=hex+signs&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

G6

Okay, I found a thread on here with some spreads addressing the issue that seem harmless. If any of you want to try a thread in the readings exchange section I would be down. I'm not usually big on spreads, so it would be an interesting challenge.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=51224

Check out the thread and see which one looks the most interesting.

G6

Here's an idea: the Pennsylvania Dutch used "hex signs" to decorate their barns, and there is one school of thought that considers them talismanic, or protective, in nature. Maybe a spread based loosely on a hex sign design might have some usefulness. Many of them seem to have six or eight elements, which would probably be workable; I'm attaching a link to a few pictures.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...age&va=hex+signs&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

Wow, that's a lot of cards/questions! :)

Barleywine

Okay, I found a thread on here with some spreads addressing the issue that seem harmless. If any of you want to try a thread in the readings exchange section I would be down. I'm not usually big on spreads, so it would be an interesting challenge.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=51224

Check out the thread and see which one looks the most interesting.

The pentagram spread looks interesting, but I think I would invert if I wanted to read "darkness" from it. I have an upright pentagram spread that I use for questions of a practical nature, so I would probably confuse myself if I use this one too.

ETA:

I took Elven's pentagram spread and inverted it, reallocating the position numbers, using some of the same position names/meanings and changing others. I added the seventh card that was discussed in the other thread by making a "quint" card position that shows the way "darkness" might be banished by rolling up all the other insights.

The purpose of this spread is to reveal what has brought Darkness into our lives, in the hope of understanding its hidden aspects, recognizing its source, and finding a solution.

1. Darkest Hidden Aspect - Single point of Darkness within.

2. Source of Darkness - Where does the Darkness come from? How did it manifest? Where does it hide?

3. Face of Darkness - How can you recognize the Darkness within? How does the Darkness reveal itself? How does it impact your life? ("Naming" it will start the process of banishing it.)

4. Feeding the Darkness - How are you "Feeding the Demon?" What are you doing (or not doing) that enables the Darkness to retain its hold on you?

5. Darkest Before the Dawn - What is holding you back from dispelling the Darkness? What is your most self-defeating behavior or attitude?

6. The Lightside of Darkness - What is the most beneficial aspect of your response to the Daerkness? How does this make your life better?

7 (Quint Card). Banishing the Darkness - Restoring the balance. Harmonizing.

******3***********6******
************************** 7 - Quint
*************1************
******5************4*****
*************2************

G6

I sure am avoiding doing my taxes like the plague, lol! I wish I had a really "dark" deck for this, but the Secret Tarot is the darkest one I have and I don't even think it's that dark really. I'll be back later to see if anyone wants to do exchanges on one of these. :)