deeper insight into past lives?

phirefly

so, i've been going crazy with that wonderful 13 card past lives spread, doing readings for a few friends. one of them wanted more of a look into one of the lives. we've got a pretty gosh darn solid idea of who he was and when it was and such and some very basic overview, but we don't know how to get much more detail. we tried a few spreads and nothing really seems quite right.

so... anybody know any good spreads for some more extensive exposition on a particular past life?

or... any idea on what to include in or how to create my own?

thanks all :}

aeonx

Quote:Originally posted by phirefly
or... any idea on what to include in or how to create my own?

thanks all :}

Hi phirefly. :)
Think of the answers you are searching for. For example; 'Who was I in my past life?' 'What did I do (i.e. work with)?' 'What did I bring with me to this life?' 'What was my lesson?' and so on. First find out which questions you want answered. Make a list. Brainstorm.

Then figure out how you would like the cards to relate to each other (positions) and with which other cards. I.e. the 'Who was I'-position can go with the 'What did I do'. Find a pattern you are comfortable with. Draw them up on paper and try them out with setting out random cards.

Try not to use too many cards, so the reading won't be too complex.

Just a few suggestions to begin with. I'll keep you posted if I can think of more. :) Good luck!

~aeonx~

Thirteen

The Konrrad Past Life spread, though a bit complex and certainly using a lot of cards, is really exactly what you're looking for here.

If you ask the cards to detail this specific life before laying them out, they should (in theory) not only show you the three different aspect of your present life that are being affected by this past life, but also, in the 4th Throne, give you an 8 (? think it's eight) card "slide show" of what happened in this life--the highlights.

aeonx

Thirteen: can you post the spread or a link to it? I tried searching the forums, but I found nothing but this post.

~aeonx~

Thirteen

There was a study board and now it's gone. That's where I'd posted how to do the Konrrad spread. Hm. Well, first things first. We ask Solandia if there's anyway to retrieve those posts. If not, you can either get Konrrad's most excellent book _Classic Tarot Spreads_ or I'll repost it. I'd do so now, but it really takes about 4 posts to explain. It involves all major archana and the 4 aces in a lay-out with 4 sections (takes up the whole table!).

Great lay-out, but it does take some explaining.

I'll put up a post to our host and see if she can retrieve past posts like that.

zorya

don't know if this will work thirteen, it might be worth a try? when i want to find an old post, if i remember who wrote it, i look up their name and search all their posts around the date i think it was.

Thirteen

Okay folks! Founds the posts and, as you may have already noticed, reposted them. There are 5 total: Konraad's past lives, Throne 1, Throne 2, Throne 3 and Throne 4.

Much to my dismay, I spelled Konraad's name right only once. Serves him right for not having something simpler as a last name. Enjoy!