Detaching

Jenny-Li

Hi!

Here I am again, looking for your input, advice and experience...! :)

I've always thought it's difficult to detach from the problem or situation I'm asking about, when reading for myself. I can do good readings when asking about things that are "secondary" in some way, but whenever I ask about THE thing that is really important to me, I find it almost impossible to let go of what's in my head in order to tune in on what lies beneath it.

Is this just me, or does this happen to everybody? And if it does, how do you deal with it? I know, here's another one of those, "do it my way"-kind of question, but I'm curious about how others get 'round this (and I really can't imagine it's just me, I bet we all have situations we're so mixed up in it's difficult to see through all the stuff that's clogging your mind when thinking about it... Don't we?)

In my case, right now, I'm worried about my work situation, since I lost my job a week ago, it's all very chaotic and I could definitely do with some perspective - but when I lay out the cards I get nothing. The reason for this is probably that I'm exhausted, terrified and worried, to the extent that I can't think straight, let alone listen to the cards without unconciously trying to read them the way I want them to read - and of course not being able to understand a thing whey they CAN'T be read that way...

Well, as usual, I'm not sure if I make sense or not - but if anyone recognizes this I'd be happy about any input! ;)

Light! Love!
Jenny :)

carolliketarot

Hi Jenny,

I have the same problem as you do. When I ask about the question that I concern the most, I just cannot clear my mind. The cards that I drew only reflecting my emotions and fear, and most important I could not interprete the card meanings constructively. Just like chinese saying "if you are involved in a situation, you will be deluded/confused; while an observer can get a clear perspective." English is not my mother tongue also, hope you understand what I mean. Also, when I am depressed, I tend to fall into the self-deception trap, trying to ignore the things that can hurt the most.

When this situation happens, I will ask someone/observer to do a reading for me. :) I know that some people read for others but not for themselves. Besides, it is never a bad idea to ask someone for a second opinion whatever you question is. Something you have never thought of may pop up.

If you don't mind, I am glad to do a reading for you. ;)

Carol

Rhiannon

This is why I won't do "love life" readings for myself. Plus I also feel like: "If I have to ask then I KNOW there's a problem" LOL

Meditate, ground, center. Become someone else. If you can't do that, then definitely ask another reader. Especially since this is an importatnt problem. In fact, lay out your cards and then post the spread here, if you feel comfy doing that. I'm sure someone will help. :)

((((hugs))))
Rhiannon :)

blumoon

Quote:Originally posted by Rhiannon
Become someone else. If you can't do that, then definitely ask another reader
i agree, perhaps when you want do a reading you could pretend that you are not you and are somebody else, for example you could say to yourself "I would like to do a reading for Jenni-Li concerning her work situation" , or when you are choosing the cards you could repeat to yourself "I wonder what the cards will say" so that the logical mind is so preoccupied with repeating that sentence over and over that it cant influence the reading...i read that idea in a dowsing book :)
if you still feel that your emotions get in the way, just post your reading here ;)

destinyawaitsme

I have this problem a lot. Cards that would seem really easy to figure out if they were pertaining to other people...just don't click when I am reading for me. So you will often find me in the Readings section talking about me...it isn't because I just really like to read for myself or talk about myself, it's because I just can't figure it out. (just so you know) I find if I write it down in my journal, and maybe come back to it later after some meditation it helps a lot...but sometimes patience doesn't allow for that. :)

Aerin

One thing I've been doing recently is to do Morning Pages from Julia Cameron's book 'The Artists Way' and I find this clears a lot of stuff simply by acknowledging it is there. Attempting to push it away often for me means that my stuff simply knocks on the door of my consciousness louder and harder!

For those that don't know, Julia recommends that every single morning before you do anything else you write three pages of longhand. Just whatever comes into your head - hopes fear dreams etc etc etc - without censoring it or anything. You do not read it back, or allow anyone else to read it, just write it down and let it go. You stop after three pages. If you get stuck then you just write anything - I find myself rehearsing card meanings.

Having experimented with this, I also find writing whatever comes into my head useful before a Tarot reading, particularly for important issues. Once it is on paper I can let it go, knowing that my precious ramblings are preserved ;).

Aerin

ps at some stage I think you may get to look at what you have written, but not for a long time. Haven't got to that part of the book yet.

Jenny-Li

Quote:Originally posted by Aerin
One thing I've been doing recently is to do Morning Pages from Julia Cameron's book 'The Artists Way' and I find this clears a lot of stuff simply by acknowledging it is there. Attempting to push it away often for me means that my stuff simply knocks on the door of my consciousness louder and harder!

/.../

Having experimented with this, I also find writing whatever comes into my head useful before a Tarot reading, particularly for important issues. Once it is on paper I can let it go, knowing that my precious ramblings are preserved ;).
/.../

Hi!

Julia Cameron's book has been on my list (and it has actually been TRANSLATED so I get to read it in my OWN language - hurrahh, hurraay!! :D ) for a long while, but what stops me is I'm afraid I'll bug out because I don't have TIME to write three pages in the morning, there are so many mornings I can barely sit down and draw the daily cards! How long does that take for you, the three morning pages, I mean?

I used to be a keen diary keeper, once upon a time, and believe in removing loads of blocking just by writing them down and letting them go. (I think my problem then was I just wrote it all down, but I sort of forgot the "letting-go"-part...!) So I think this might be a good idea! Thanks!

Love and light,
Jenny :)

karen2000

Jenny,

Oh yes!
You sound just like me! I still don't know the answer. Has anyone else told you so I can do it too?

Karen