Dream of limb amputation.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hello! I hope everyone is okay!

I dream quite often, about 2 or more dreams a night every night. Last night I had a dream that is bothering me.

In the dream, my left leg was amputated below the knee. It was a pretty graphic dream. I didn't feel any pain, but then the person who amputated it put it back together with a huge ice gun. The gun shot out ice and my left leg was whole again, but it was encased in ice. That's when it started to hurt and I couldn't walk. I'm not sure if the person who amputated it was my grandmother or not. But she was definitely in the dream.

I'm not sure what this dream could mean. I've read that amputation could mean a loss of talents or abilities, or just a loss in general. I get the feeling that the dream could represent making a mistake and then trying to fix things. I've also read it could mean depression (which I suffer from and is quite bad right now). The ice gun was also interesting as well, and I'm thinking this means frigidity or lack of emotions. I'm not sure.

If anyone can help me interpret this dream, I'd be thankful. Thank you!

***This dream didn't make sense at first but now it kind of does. I'm thinking it could mean someone who made a horrible mistake and they're trying to fix it. The amputation could represent a loss of some kind. The loss or detachment was the mistake and now they're trying to form a connection again but the connection is actually more painful than the severing of that connection. The ice could represent a lack of emotion in this new connection and a feeling of being stuck.*I could be way off but that's my intuition.

I'd still love some insights though, as I could be missing something. Thank you! :)

SweetSiren

Missing leg- you feel like something is missing
Healed leg, but can't walk- when that void is filled, you still can't appreciate it.

Is your grandma still alive? I ask because typically when I dream of my crossed over love ones, they are always telling me to be happier and to appreciate life.

If your grandma is still here, thank god, then go visit her. She might make you feel better about some things.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Missing leg- you feel like something is missing
Healed leg, but can't walk- when that void is filled, you still can't appreciate it.

Is your grandma still alive? I ask because typically when I dream of my crossed over love ones, they are always telling me to be happier and to appreciate life.

If your grandma is still here, thank god, then go visit her. She might make you feel better about some things.

Hey there, thanks for the help! =D I definitely think it relates to something missing. I do know that emotional fulfillment seems to be missing from my life. Depression is rough...:( I go to therapy and I'm in school but it's tough. I feel quite numb.

I actually live with my grandmother but our relationship is strained because she was quite abusive to me when I was a kid. She'd say I looked "retarded" when I smiled so I stopped smiling (I was 6 when she said that). When I was around 8, she tried to turn me and my mom against each other by saying that we spoke about the other person behind their backs. When I got older, she said I was weird and that acne ruined my face. I recently came out to her and she said she's ashamed of me and is disappointed, among other things. Just to give you a bit of a background about my relationship with her. I try to get close to her but then she says something outrageous and I step back again.

So...yes, I see her quite often but she doesn't make me feel good, haha.

SweetSiren

Well then, I think it's pretty obvious your dream is just reflecting the environment you're in. People usually think too hard about what their dreams mean, but more often than it, they are just a direct reflection of what goes on in your daily life.

I'm sorry you feel uncomfortable around her. Just rember your discomfort doesn't say anything about you, but her.