Dying and the Other Side

DownUnderNZer

My sister's grandson was like that and I heard it from him once as well.

He told her that she use to be "his boss" when she was driving him to school one day and often mentioned it to her off and on and out of the blue.

You use to do this and make me do that.

And when I was with him that one time he turned to me and said seriously: "You do know she use to be my boss and she would make me do all the work then like she is making me do now!".

He was like 5 years old!!!! :bugeyed:

I must have had the most incredulous expression on my face in the world at that moment.

DND :)

Yes, I though so. This was many years ago. I have read children now talk about how they died more easily, remember better. My grandfather taught me about reincarnation, when I asked what happened when we died, but I think this is a memory I was born with.

Genna

When my father died our dogs went absolutely berserk in their kennels and they actually broke their chains, got out, and came to the front door. They would not stop howling nor scratching to be let in. We let them in to see him and after that not one peek from them or any fuss whatsoever. They knew from the very minute he stopped breathing - quite unreal really.

And when an uncle died his favorite dog would walk from the old homestead to his grave, which was a fair distance, everyday whether it was rainy or sunshine. He was found dead at my uncle's feet months later. Faithful and loyal right until the end.

Animals sense a lot more than humans do sometimes.

Yes, they do. Our dog kept putting forward my dead grandmothers slippers before her chair every day. But I read when we pass we are first met by our passed pets from all our reincarnations. They never forget us.

DownUnderNZer

Not sure if he ever talked about how he died though - will ask my sister the next time I see her if I do not forget.

He told her that she use to be "his boss" when she was driving him to school one day and often mentioned it to her off and on and out of the blue.

And when I was with him that one time he turned to me and said seriously: "You do know she use to be my boss and she would make me do all the work then like she is making me do now!".

I must have had the most incredulous expression on my face in the world at that moment.

Genna

That was really funny! I read after about 6-11 years old they tend to forget, but I never did, maybe because grandfather taught me to believe in reincarnation.

G6

I'm not sure aren't kids really the boss of their parents? Interesting role swap.

G6

When my father died our dogs went absolutely berserk in their kennels and they actually broke their chains, got out, and came to the front door. They would not stop howling nor scratching to be let in. We let them in to see him and after that not one peek from them or any fuss whatsoever. They knew from the very minute he stopped breathing - quite unreal really.

And when an uncle died his favorite dog would walk from the old homestead to his grave, which was a fair distance, everyday whether it was rainy or sunshine. He was found dead at my uncle's feet months later. Faithful and loyal right until the end.

Animals sense a lot more than humans do sometimes.

Wow, I feel bad for that doggy. What a sad story. Dogs are incredibly knowing that's for sure.

G6

Yes, they do. Our dog kept putting forward my dead grandmothers slippers before her chair every day. But I read when we pass we are first met by our passed pets from all our reincarnations. They never forget us.

I'd love to see all my pups again! That would be awesome!

Tanga

Some stories here:

1) Some months before my mother told me that she had put my favourite dog to sleep (because he woke up with paralysed back legs one morning - the beginnings of motor neurone disease) - I dreamt that I was walking in the middle of the most beautiful rolling green hills, and that he had come to say "hey! look at me! I'm really happy here and I have found some friends too! Don't worry about me..." (as he pranced about with 2 other liver coloured dogs much like himself). :heart: :heart:

I was at university at the time. Phone calls were expensive, so I mostly wrote regularly, and called one-a-month from the 'phone booth.

It was in those 'months before' that she had had him put down.
She hadn't told me immediately because she knew I'd be upset.

2) My elder sister has always had problems with her weight.
My mother, now that my father has passed on - keeps his photo by her desk and "talks" to him on-and-off.
For quite a while, my mum had been trying to convince my sister, that she should really focus on getting on-top of her weight issues.
glared at my Dad's photo and said to him "Get off your butt and do something - you grouchy old bugger!"

That week at the end of my sister's yoga class (she teaches pregnancy yoga) - one of her students shyly said to her in private "I don't mean to alarm you - but all-day-long, there's been a man (spirit) sitting at the bottom of your stairs shaking his head in concern..."
She went on to describe my deceased father.

And that week, by some co-incidence (?), my sister bumped into a lady who began her on her journey of discovering a diet approach that works for her.
Today - she's lost an amazing amount of weight and is a fountain of knowledge on the variations of the Low Carb/High Fat approach. :livelong:

3) A work acquaintance of mine moved into a listed building in the country.
Their house had been extended a few times, and they found that the new guest bathroom downstairs, was always cold - no matter how they tried to re-insulate it.
After a while, my friend looked at the blue prints of the house, and discovered that the site of the guest bathroom - had been built over an old walkway that led up to the community chapel.
Could the "cold" - be the repeating pattern of hundreds of years of pattering feet that walked through to church on a regular basis? (so they were experiencing the "movement of spirits past" - if you like).
She was convinced it was - and so - she organised a prayer meeting in her house with the express aim of clearing this residual energy from this area of the house.

It worked. The room stopped feeling cold.
:thumbsup:

4) I don't have any memories of my past deaths.
But I have some - snapshots really - of past lives:

(i) I am in a desert and I am running and out-of-breath. I arrive at my destination with a horrible sinking feeling in my heart and stomach - I know, I am too late to save the day. The little boy lying in the sand face down, has been bitten by a scorpion - and I am too late to help him (I must be a poison mistress... possibly Nubian. Which would mean - a "lesser citizen"/slave of ancient Egypt. Lol).
I can hear his mother keening and keening behind me. :eek:

This memory surfaced whilst I was at a psychic awareness class (studied for a year at The College of Psychic Studies - London). The exercise we were doing that evening, was scrying/psychometry with a tray of sand from Egypt (the instructress had brought the sand back from her holiday there).

(ii) I am walking down a dry desert river valley with high cliffs on either side of me.
There are cave dwelling carved out of these cliffs on either side.
As I walk past, I recite to myself who used to live in each of those cave dwellings.
I remember them all - their lives, their personalities, their community.

This was a vivid dream (I am a lucid dreamer - i.e. I am "aware" that I am dreaming and if I concentrate I can control or change my dreams - of wake myself up. and I dream in colour).
Two days later I was in a bookstore and saw EXACTLY the place in my dream on the back of a Calendar. It was an ancient dwelling of the Pueblo Mesa Indians in the Grand Canyon.
Before that - I'd never seen the place or ever heard of them.
That's the 1st and last time to date - that I've clearly experienced exactly what it means to have "someone walk over my grave". I had an adrenal response. I'm sure I turned pale and was shivering with goose bumps - Lol.
I had assumed y-see, that I had been dreaming about Egypt (which I am fond of - ancient mythology and neo-pagan magickal practice.)
And somehow it was just a shock :bugeyed:. Lol.

Tanga

Yeah - I watched a documentary once, where someone went around filming children who remembered their past lives. They forget after a while.
Some of their stories where corroborated by them being taken to the places they "used to live" - by their visual recognition. And when the families there where questioned, it was discovered (apparently) that they were describing pieces and patterns of the deceased who used to live there.

I've also read accounts of people who've received transplants, who begin to exhibit the behavioural traits of their deceased donors (their personalities change).

RiverRunsDeep

I'd love to see all my pups again! That would be awesome!

Your post reminded me of a recurring dream I had about my own pups. I used to have two miniature dachshunds who were half sisters. The elder dog died just over a year ago (age 15), and the younger died six months ago (age 13).

After the younger dog died, I started having the recurring dream. I would be sitting in a waiting room, almost like a doctor's office. A door would open, and a lady would appear with my dogs. She would say, "Here they are! You can visit with them for awhile". My "girls" looked like they were at the prime of life again, no gray fur or health issues, sleek and silky and full of energy. I had the opportunity to play with them for a short time, pet them, hold them, etc. Then, the lady would reappear and say, "I'm sorry, it's time for them to go back where they belong". And, as happy as my pups were to see me, they were just as happy to go back with the lady.

I had this same dream over the course of a month or two. It gave me a sense of peace because I felt that my sweet dogs had found each other on the other side, and that they are being well taken care of.