Dying and the Other Side

G6

Was wondering about people's experiences with dying and the other side? I recently had someone I knew well that was dying look at me like they could see my spirit or something. It was like they were mesmerized by my presence. Anybody have interesting experiences with someone's last days here and what they meant to you? Any confirmations of the existence of the spiritual world? Any patterns? Anything puzzling?

RiverRunsDeep

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for, G6, but I'd like to share an experience that my mom had. My sister died in her early thirties. In her last months, she had a worry stone that she carried with her at all times. It was made of clear glass with the image of an angel inside of it. She held it in her hand while she received chemotherapy, kept it in her pocket during the day, and kept it near her bedside at night. When she died, the worry stone was misplaced, and Mom was grief-stricken that she couldn't find it. She talked about it and cried about it for days.

Finally, one night, I spoke out loud to my sister. I said something like, "Hey, if you're still around and you can hear me, please know that Mom is looking for your worry stone. Where is it? Can you help her find it?" A couple days later, my mom called to say she had found the stone. She walked into her bedroom, and the stone was centered exactly in the middle of her pillow, as if someone had carefully placed it there. I know how unlikely it sounds, but there you have it.

I know my mom's experience can't be considered proof of an afterlife, but her story has always given me a sense of comfort and consolation, so I thought I would share it.

G6

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for, G6, but I'd like to share an experience that my mom had. My sister died in her early thirties. In her last months, she had a worry stone that she carried with her at all times. It was made of clear glass with the image of an angel inside of it. She held it in her hand while she received chemotherapy, kept it in her pocket during the day, and kept it near her bedside at night. When she died, the worry stone was misplaced, and Mom was grief-stricken that she couldn't find it. She talked about it and cried about it for days.

Finally, one night, I spoke out loud to my sister. I said something like, "Hey, if you're still around and you can hear me, please know that Mom is looking for your worry stone. Where is it? Can you help her find it?" A couple days later, my mom called to say she had found the stone. She walked into her bedroom, and the stone was centered exactly in the middle of her pillow, as if someone had carefully placed it there. I know how unlikely it sounds, but there you have it.

I know my mom's experience can't be considered proof of an afterlife, but her story has always given me a sense of comfort and consolation, so I thought I would share it.

Thanks, RRD. I like your story. In my situation there was talking to people that already passed. I know this is pretty common. I see this as proof of the other side. Why or even how else would people that are dying be able to distinguish to only talk to people that already passed. Seems too coincidental.

Genna

Meeting my passed teacher in a dream.

My history teacher was my very good friend, though he only had us in the 11th year of school. He was a very fat, astmatic man with diabetes, and was called "the Hippopotamus". He was not allowed to have us in the 12th grade because he gave everybody the highest score(?not sure it is the right word), except one whom he didn´t like who got the next highest. He was a Doctor of History, and very proud of his doctor ring. But he was old, got his pension after my last year, the next year I heard by a friend, Y, still in school, that he had died. I got an awfully bad concience about not writing to him while he was still alive. I felt so bad, knowing how lonely he was.

Then I dreamt, though it was not excactly like a dream, because everything was so clear, and I remember thinking about what to say next, the way you usually don´t do in dreams.
I met Doctor X in a corridor, and he was a young man, slim, about thirty, but I knew him so well. So I said "Y said Doctor X were dead".(I really said "The doctor" as we don´t use titles the same way in my language). He knew Y. And I never called him Dr while he was alive. I guess I wanted to make up for that. He said "Ah, the things Y says...".
The I said "Dr X are so slim!" And he said "Well, I´m with the chief pysician".
And that was all. I awoke. But I beieve he wanted me to know he had gone to a better place and not have a bad conciense, being such a kind man, and us being such good friends.

Genna

A memory I have always had was laying on the ground and about me were dead (I thought) soldiers like myself, but that was not at all important. The only important thing was the sun (anyway, I thought it was the sun) glittering on the dewdrops in the green grass, and it was so beautiful, and that beauty was all that mattered. The sun seemed to be rising, like it was morning. Can´t remember anything more.

Someone said that this sounds like euphoria, coming from the dying process, lack of air.

G6

A memory I have always had was laying on the ground and about me were dead (I thought) soldiers like myself, but that was not at all important. The only important thing was the sun (anyway, I thought it was the sun) glittering on the dewdrops in the green grass, and it was so beautiful, and that beauty was all that mattered. The sun seemed to be rising, like it was morning. Can´t remember anything more.

Someone said that this sounds like euphoria, coming from the dying process, lack of air.

Interesting, so you think this was a memory of a past life death?

G6

My history teacher was my very good friend, though he only had us in the 11th year of school. He was a very fat, astmatic man with diabetes, and was called "the Hippopotamus". He was not allowed to have us in the 12th grade because he gave everybody the highest score(?not sure it is the right word), except one whom he didn´t like who got the next highest. He was a Doctor of History, and very proud of his doctor ring. But he was old, got his pension after my last year, the next year I heard by a friend, Y, still in school, that he had died. I got an awfully bad concience about not writing to him while he was still alive. I felt so bad, knowing how lonely he was.

Then I dreamt, though it was not excactly like a dream, because everything was so clear, and I remember thinking about what to say next, the way you usually don´t do in dreams.
I met Doctor X in a corridor, and he was a young man, slim, about thirty, but I knew him so well. So I said "Y said Doctor X were dead".(I really said "The doctor" as we don´t use titles the same way in my language). He knew Y. And I never called him Dr while he was alive. I guess I wanted to make up for that. He said "Ah, the things Y says...".
The I said "Dr X are so slim!" And he said "Well, I´m with the chief pysician".
And that was all. I awoke. But I beieve he wanted me to know he had gone to a better place and not have a bad conciense, being such a kind man, and us being such good friends.

That's good to get some sort of response or confirmation to put your worry at ease. I know somtimes people dream about the person or think they see them shortly after they have gone.

Genna

Interesting, so you think this was a memory of a past life death?

Yes, I though so. This was many years ago. I have read children now talk about how they died more easily, remember better. My grandfather taught me about reincarnation, when I asked what happened when we died, but I think this is a memory I was born with.

DownUnderNZer

When my father died our dogs went absolutely berserk in their kennels and they actually broke their chains, got out, and came to the front door. They would not stop howling nor scratching to be let in. We let them in to see him and after that not one peek from them or any fuss whatsoever. They knew from the very minute he stopped breathing - quite unreal really.

And when an uncle died his favorite dog would walk from the old homestead to his grave, which was a fair distance, everyday whether it was rainy or sunshine. He was found dead at my uncle's feet months later. Faithful and loyal right until the end.

Animals sense a lot more than humans do sometimes.

DND :)

Genna

That's good to get some sort of response or confirmation to put your worry at ease. I know somtimes people dream about the person or think they see them shortly after they have gone.

Yes, it helped me very much. I was so sorry I hadn´t written that letter.