Energy Work/Healing

zannamarie

I'm going to shut up about money at this point because my statements are being taken out of context or only applied to one situation. I'm talking broadly about fields that are subsidized by govt insurance or private insurance--not your insurance. To walk into my dr's office costs $20 for a copay and bloodwork is part of that. I've studied health insurance (public and private) in school and insurance varies--what it covers varies. What I'm TRYING to say is that usually a patient does not pay full cost for a treatment that is covered by medicare, medicaid or private insurance. Yes, you pay taxes and your insurance company so it's not free. However, you usually spend less than you would if you were uninsured. The bill you get from the dr is less than it would be if they weren't covered by whatever insurance you have. I'm talking here IN VERY GENERAL TERMS.

This point I'm trying to make isn't even attacking reiki professionals, but giving an explanation for why they charge more than, say, $20 for a treatment session. Because they aren't recognized as a standard modality for treatment. Many holistic healing systems aren't. That's nothing against reiki as I have had treatments and believe it works.

Anyway, that's all I'm saying on the insurance issue. Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry if my words aren't accurately expressing what I'm trying to say.
The whole premise of your original post was about money and how expensive the training is. That's probably why subsequent posts are referencing money.

To me, the cost of treatment is not relevant to the cost of training unless you are looking for a specific return on investment for your training.

I did not put my $ specifics in my post to elicit sympathy. I put them there because many people are under the incorrect impression that medical care is much less expensive than it really is because someone else (insurance, taxes, etc.) is footing part of the bill. If I would compare the cost of reiki versus the cost of standard medical care, I would compare the actual costs which include the cost of insurance premiums and not just look at my individual out-of-pocket costs. (Which is exactly what I did when I chose the plan I have. It is the least expensive overall.)

newlillith

The whole premise of your original post was about money and how expensive the training is. That's probably why subsequent posts are referencing money.

To me, the cost of treatment is not relevant to the cost of training unless you are looking for a specific return on investment for your training.

I did not put my $ specifics in my post to elicit sympathy. I put them there because many people are under the incorrect impression that medical care is much less expensive than it really is because someone else (insurance, taxes, etc.) is footing part of the bill. If I would compare the cost of reiki versus the cost of standard medical care, I would compare the actual costs which include the cost of insurance premiums and not just look at my individual out-of-pocket costs. (Which is exactly what I did when I chose the plan I have. It is the least expensive overall.)

You're right. I'm stressed about other things and letting it get to me. I hope my point came across that I'm talking generally about insurance plans or medicare or finances. You don't have to agree or disagree, I just took what you said personally. Thanks for your comments.

-NL

HOLMES

hmm yes

my first response if I see someone who is a life threatening situation, or even with a broken leg for example isn't to send them reiki/energy work, but to try to get them physical help first in the case of the life being saved (and not seeing it).. is that the only reading to do healing ?
healing is to try to make the person whole (which could be a whole thread on itself of course) on the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual so it is a harmonious being..
of course that is the ideal.
so if a person has cancer and we go to heal it isnt' necessary to cure but to help the person in their transition if they are to advanced a state.
(the movie my life where micheal keaton was seeing the energy healer and went back after it was too late and get told by the asian healer to make his house ready for his passing).
the healing though allowed him to get ready for his passing as he realized he had to tell his parents that he was going to die.
that isnt' the only story you see them in many modalities books, ultimately when it comes down to it,, it is the creator will if the healing works or not.

with that because it is our own healing beliefs, experiences, training that we will differ on that statment somewhat , and some may agree with it.

the other part of that is of course the client own will that it may work to some degree but then the client mind may be blocking the deeper aspect of it as perhaps they are not ready to deal with deeper issues that may come up.

the idea for courses to be taught long distance is if you can send healing long distance then supposedly (or really in some of our beliefs and expereinces) you can send attunements.

what is it that is taught in some of these healing modalities
chakras, how to channel healing energy,, symbols,, and in reiki some changes are done in your chakra /energy field. and more so.

I liked divine matrix energetics but i couldnt' really get the techique to work for me but mac22 sweared it to me in the chat room that it worked for him and he was doing it now.
so i heard a story it worked.

regarding reiki as it been mention there are free options,, groups, trades, there are some websites who advertise free reiki attunements.
what does a master really is taught anyways ?
it is taught how to pass the attunement, the master reiki symbol, and some history,, how to teach the beginners the hand positions enough so it can eventually be forgotten.

in quantum touch there are no attunements but you get taught how to breath with enegy visalization and let the universe flow through you.

in pranic healing, you get taught more stuff,, chakras, sweeping, how to channel the energy,, use colour in healing,

but in these system you are not taught the body muscles, or anything you have to go to go to get medical training for.

but then we discussed how a person lives by teaching the system.
weekend workshop .
say 400 20 people that is 8000
rent of the place for the weekend 1000
travel there and back,, , gas,, food, clothes for the thing.
possibly use it to make a payments for their house,, car,. if they are not working but just going around and doing monthly or bi monthly workshops..
to me that isnt' so bad.
(of course that is the high end of the norm, and you rarely get 20 people..)
just a search for healing workshops which surpsingly didnt' mention reiki on the first page ,, the norm was more 150 for a workshop.

at pranic healing we paid 250 and got 12 people which is 3000, the trainer flew in to be there, plus the rent of the place and training materials. that is more regular.

even reflexology which I consider to be a sort of energy modalitity usually takes a workshop and it does take near an hour to do it correctly , and even the relaxation can help a person emotionally/mentally.

for me when I work on someone it usually takes the form of emotional healing which is ok, for i figure even that release helps them in the long run.
(except in the case of reflexology where it usually takes the form of ow eheh) .

pretty well now that i researched and been to a workshop..
i am no longer looking for the latest thing,, but rather a good solid workshop isn't a big level of workshops.
that is what I suggest to beginners to it,,
find what you can for cheap, (if you are a good self studyer) work on your own pratice on people, and let it develop naturally..
newlilith it will come eventually :)