Equinox

Morwenna

Tomorrow (Monday) is the the Vernal Equinox in the northern hemisphere and the Autumnal in the southern. Is anyone here planning an Ostara or Mabon celebration? What are you all doing?

It snuck up on me so I have to think fast...

Barleywine

It's also the third (or last) quarter Moon for March. I was born on the Summer Solstice at the Full Moon, so that's my personal time. I don't notice the equinoxes much.

banbha

Tomorrow (Monday) is the the Vernal Equinox in the northern hemisphere and the Autumnal in the southern. Is anyone here planning an Ostara or Mabon celebration? What are you all doing?

It snuck up on me so I have to think fast...

I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, so it's Spring. I don't think of it as Ostara; just simply as vernal or spring equinox.

I'm not planning anything big this year but I think the best way to celebrate would be to go to Ireland:
http://www.knowth.com/loughcrew-equinox.htm

Morwenna

Neat! I've read that there are other sites that are similar, but probably not as nice.

I did put on light green pearly nail polish... :)

RavenOfSummer

Blessings of Ostara ~ Alban Eiler ~ Spring Equinox to all in the Northern Hemisphere!

And, blessings to all in the Southern Hemisphere on the Autumn Equinox!

For anyone who is celebrating, here is a Spring Equinox playlist I made: http://8tracks.com/margaritanoir/ostara

I have not prepared much in the way of ritual this year. But will do something small at home. I may attend a public ritual this coming weekend. I have definitely felt the power of this day coming though. The light! Yesterday my husband and I went for a walk in Rock Creek National Park, and saw lots of ducks and deer :) So that felt like a lovely way to celebrate :)

Morwenna

I've gone from 3 layers of shirts down to 2, if that means anything. :)

This Sunday will be the equinox service at church (UU). I always look forward to the Pagan services, but sometimes we're away. This is the first Ostara one I've been able to make it to in years.

Now to start looking for flowers... IIRC, there should be crocuses somewhere...