Extra Cards in a New Deck - Personal Message???

G6

Hey Folks!

So, I just got a new deck that came with an additional Ace of Cups and Wheel of Fortune by "accident". I like to think this is a personal message from the universe to me and I was wondering….

1. Has this ever happened to you and have the extra cards turned out to be a personal message for you?

2. Do you leave the extra cards in the deck when you use it?

Thanks for your thoughts/stories!!! :)

violetdaisy

1. Nope, never happened to me. However if it did I'd look at it as a message of some sort.

2. I wouldn't leave them in the deck. I'd do something with them, fame them, trim them, bling them, something I wouldn't ordinarily do.

RiverRunsDeep

Interesting question!

A few months ago, I received a deck that had two of the Two of Wands cards, and I realized that there were two messages: First, it meant that the Ace of Wands was missing from the deck! :laugh: And second, the card was highlighting the fact that my career has been at a crisis point; there are two available paths, and I need to seriously consider which one will benefit me the most.

I didn't keep the extra card with the deck. I use it as a bookmark. :)

MissChiff

The Dame Darcy deck had those extra cards... Everyone got them with that deck...

G6

The Dame Darcy deck had those extra cards... Everyone got them with that deck...

So, did we all get that message or does that mean there was no message?! ;-)

RiverRunsDeep

Interesting. Mine wasn't the Dame Darcy, though, it was the Victorian Romantic. :)

G6

Interesting. Mine wasn't the Dame Darcy, though, it was the Victorian Romantic. :)

WoW, I think it's a **SUPER** message then. Maybe we are all being called on the same path in some way?

Audelia

This has happened to me a few times. I always like to think of it as an extra message - usually the extra cards always reinforce what my own deck has been trying to tell me for months :)

G6

This has happened to me a few times. I always like to think of it as an extra message - usually the extra cards always reinforce what my own deck has been trying to tell me for months :)

Right! I'm so happy I got the Ace of Cups and the Wheel of Fortune! What a positive message for new love! 😊

nisaba

So, I just got a new deck that came with an additional Ace of Cups and Wheel of Fortune by "accident". I like to think this is a personal message from the universe to me and I was wondering….

1. Has this ever happened to you and have the extra cards turned out to be a personal message for you?

It's happened to me twice, but each time another card was missing. I tend to regard it as a manual packing problem, not a deeply mystical thing.

2. Do you leave the extra cards in the deck when you use it?

I do keep the extras after I get the missing ones, yes. And I leave them in the deck - unless we are assembling a Frankendecken deck, then I have been known to donate them. I love having doubles in a deck - it means, in large spreads, the extra cards can come out, and it's interesting to see how differently they read in different positions even on the same day.

I had extra cards and a missing card in an MRP deck once - the Fairytale - and when I contacted them about it, not only did baba-prague send me the missing card, but an extra title card autographed by the creative team, making my deck an instant collector's item. :)