Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Sophie

Solus

I've just received my Faeries Oracle and am doing a few of the games suggested at the beginning of the book.

I had a little stack of cards that I really liked. But the very first I had picked was Solus - and so I stayed with him. This is a time in my life where I need a lot of strength to rise above myself, and looking at him, I feel strengthened.

- emotional atmosphere - calm and passionate at the same time. Strong. Someone who can be alone or in company and not change his essence - but adapt his emotional response and what he projects according to what people around him can take (turn the flame up or down). When he is alone his flame is powerful.

- physical manifestation: I think Solus means to focus on where I am going - to see clearly what I want and go after it, passionately but calmly. He radiates energy - this will touch others as well. We all know people who seem to shine - they are bright stars in our midst. And some who radiate warmth. Solus does both.

- mental characteristics: Solus is lucid, clear-sighted and does not lie to himself or to others. He's good at figuring things out, though he may not e very practical (let's face it, when I want my tap repeaired, it won't be solus I'll call upon ;)). His eyes, the colour of ice, seem to bore straight into me - and yet, he also sees beyond. He is an intellectual, I think. but not of the dry-dusty type. His eyes are the same as a tutor I had at Oxford who was a passionate and idiosynchratic, approach to Ancient Greek history. I adored his tutorials, even though he made me work harder (mentally as well as in libraries!) than any other tutor.

- spiritual characteristics: his greatest gifts are cairvoyance - in the literal meaning of seeing clearly - and the ability to get things started. He is active and his spirituality is manifest in action. He is also a calm presence that can help my jitters and help me focus. He seems to burn inside me.

- most appealing? - this mix of calm and passion, and his clarity. The warmth he projects. His beauty (he is very beautiful, don't you think?)

- least appealing? the demands he is making on me since I met him two days ago. Focus, be clear, decide, don't faff about, get started, keep going. And all that without batting an eyelid himself. And yet - that is precisely what I need...

- other ideas? lots! But here's one: he popped up as a card for a project I am nursing and have not got started yet - he is helping me refine it.

Iona

38- Laiste, Moon's Daughter

(oops, just now I've noticed that it's Daughter, not Laughter...doest it mean something? :) )

I've just got my cards yesterday, I hope it's ok to resuscitate this old thread.

I've loved the artwork of these cards for a long time, but I was taken back because of the feeling that I had to believe in fairies in order to find some meaning on them. I wanted a non-Tarot deck, something whose illustrations could give me something to think of; and after a lot of thinking (and with the help of an urgent impulse) I decided to go for them and try to read the cards just as it's their advice... without reading other's meanings and going only with which I can see and feel (not much intuition here, so I thought I could give this a chance).

SunChariot

Well, it's Froud, not "Fraud" which Brian certainly is not. :grin:

Honestly, for this deck, I don't have a favourite and don't expect I ever will. To me they are too "real" to make that kind of choice. I do tend to see them as real beings in a sense not just artwork... And they'll all wonderful beings with much to share. I couldn't chose one over the others.

It's true that some, so far, have been more help to me than others but I know they all have that same potential in them and the others will have their time to help me one day when I need their particular brand of help.

Babs

.traveller.

Favorite Card: Singer of Transfiguration #11

1. Emotional Atmosphere
Victorious, energetic, exhultant, excitement, rapture.
2. Physical Manifestation
A special relationship, ideas or dreams into reality
3. Mental
Clarity, dream messages, reassurance
4. Spiritual
Awareness
5. Most appealing
The color
6. Least appealing
There is nothing unappealing about this card.
7. Other ideas/impressions
It looks like a beautiful butterfly made of flame, warm embers in the dark warding off the cold. I find it interesting that I responded much more favorably to the red in this card than I did to the red in Solus's card. Whenever I pull this card, I have a dream that night regarding the issue with which I am struggling.

PeterS

44- Lys of the Shadows

So many great cards, reading through the post I thought I was going to change my mind but since I have already done the exercise . . . I still like my favorite!

1. The atmosphere of the card is one of movement, peace, and searching. She is moving up through darkness and casting a light for all to see. She is alone and friendly but not lonely. She is a light in darkness, turning to me in the card she is open to be seen, but likely only for a quick moment.

2. The manifestation of the card could be a road trip to nowhere, a Sunday drive, windows open and the radio playing my favorite songs. It is a glorious drive alone in the cool night listening to the hum of the road and the whip of air around me, airing out my souls trouble. Freeing me. Being myself in the dark moments alone but pure and clean.

3. The mental self of the card is peaceful, searching, and enjoying a moment. A perfect and fragile as a circle. Calm and collected – unburdened and gathering the deep.

4. The Spiritual element is the gut feeling of mindfulness and the searching moments when we look for what is within our very own selves.

5. What is most appealing in the card is the earthy colors in the darkness blown to brilliance by her inner light.

6. What is disquieting but also intriguing is the apparent lack of feet but rather leaf-like fins.

This was before I looked in the book. The book also nailed me. I am into tarot and oracles because I want to help people be conscious of their value as people. To help them see how they are special and contribute to the world at large and to the family of humanity.

I love this deck!

PeterS.

Moonmystic

#25 the Faery Godmother

Hi fellow Faerie folk!

I've had this deck for a very long time. However, having been under the thumb of a tarot deck, I've neglected my beautiful Faeries. The time has come for me to give them the attention they deserve (pardon me for being a bit late to class) *smiles*

I have not read the descriptions of any of the cards yet. I will read them as I go through these exercises after I've written my own impressions.

My favorite card is the Faery Godmother.

1.The emotional atmosphere of this card is magical and generous. The Faery Godmother looks like she knows something that we don't. She appears to be bearing gifts. There is an atmosphere of secrets about her, things hiding amongst her skirts to discover.

2.The physical manifestation of the symbols in this card may be receiving the gift of someone's wisdom, being protected and watched over and/or a mentor to guide you.

3.The mental characteristics of this card may be, as I already mentioned, wisdom, guidance, a sense of security.

4. The spiritual characteristics of this card are spiritual growth, realizing one's
capabilities, discovering our spiritual gifts and talents.

5. The most appealing aspect of this card to me are the magical twinkles and wisps of light radiating from the Faery Godmother. They make her look so beautiful and I can imagine them swirling around her amongst the folds of her gowns. I also love the gentle looking creatures that inhabit her garment.

6. There is nothing that I find uncomfortable about this card. It makes me smile.

7. My impression of this card is that the Faery Godmother is the Grand-Lady of the deck. The one that I want to run to when I need comfort and assurance.

I find it interesting that the book now tells me that these are qualities I am trying to create in my life. First, I'm a Cancer. Of course I want to be the one that takes everyone into my fold and makes a safe haven for them. Also, I have been seeking my spiritual gifts and trying to learn and grow all my life. This is very accurate.

After reading the book's description of the Faery Godmother, I see just how well done this imagery is. I saw and felt everything Brian intended us to see and feel in this beautiful Faerie.

Impressive!

Jewel

Glad you are having fun exploring the deck. It opened up a whole new world for me and others I know. It is a true faery godmother gift all and of itself.

thorhammer

The Sage

This guy got a bad rap in the Most Uncomfortable Thread and I was surprised! My choice was between Solus, Himself and The Sage. I took a long time to come to the decision and I don't even know why I did. I did find it telling that the three of them were so similar and taken together, would possibly combine to form the perfect man :laugh: which I am indeed looking for! I also identify strongly with the God - stronger, perhaps, than the Goddess. My choice being between three very masculine entities did not surprise me.

1: Emotion atmosphere: The Sage challenges me, expectant. He anticipates my rising to his challenge and overcoming that which blocks my development. He waits, but his patience is learned, not natural. Naturally, he is intense and demanding. His force of will bends out from the card and mesmerises me.

2: I struggled to answer this question. Finally, I just asked to be told . . . and was told, "Tree." That's it. Nothing more. I have rather a fetish with the Green Man, which could go some way to explaining my choice here.

3: The Sage's menta impression sare of challenge, endependence and argument. Debate, for its own sake. He dangles a carrot before me, and snatches it away every single time I get close . . . but I make progress, and I keep reaching for it. It's those eyes. Both of them.

4: The Sage's spiritual characteristics are those of a teacher - but rather than teaching me what to learn, he teaches me how to learn, how to learn what is in me already. He wants me to decide for myself, but first he must show me what choices I have before me.

5: What do I find appealing? :laugh: He's damn sexy! Seriously, though . . . I feel like I am capable of rising to that challenge. He would only ask of me what he knows I have to give, even if I don't know it's in there. But he'll always push my limits. I really, really like this guy.

6: What makes me uncomfortable? That one day I might disappoint him. He seems very judgemental and could very well have a hell of a temper. His wrath is not a raging inferno, but icy and unyielding. He would turn his back and I would hate that.

No matter how much I look at him, I am still being transfixed by his eyes. He is spectacular.

\m/ Kat

Jewel

Thorhammer, very nice description! I agree with you totally about him being a teacher type. He is wise. In Brian's books he refers to him somewhat as father time, so it also ties into to your attunement with the God and the Greenman.

I am not sure why this card ever got a bad rap, personally I find it very soothing and he draws me in. Now Souls ... hmmmmmmm ~giggles~

Silverlyn

The Oak Man!

When I had the deck, it was The Oak Man...I couldn't stop looking deeply into his wise eyes....they were always trying to tell me something......

Silverlyn