My Favorite Card
Whew! I finally get a few minutes to share with y'all. I did these exercises when the group first formed and have been trying to get them posted ever since. Every time I sit down and open up these threads, I get interrupted...phone, doorbell, something.
This deck has really reached out and grabbed me. I'm developing a strong bond with it very quickly.
It was hard to choose a favorite. I took a very long time going back and forth between two of them. But I finally decided upon...
The Faery Godmother
1. What is the emotional atmosphere of the card? The emotional atmosphere of this card is one of lightness. It is calm and friendly with a touch of excitement and magic in the air. The colors are cool and serene…purples, blues and whites. The Faery Godmother is smiling.
2. What might the physical manifestation of this card’s symbols be in someone’s life? What aspect of life does this card symbolize to you? The physical manifestation of this card in a persons life might be transforming a negative into a positive. It could be developing the life one has dreamed of, much like Cinderella’s faery godmother did for her. Helping her to make her dreams come true.
3. What do you see I the card’s symbols that might represent the card’s mental characteristics? The stars in the illustration seem to sparkle with hope and enchantment. There is an owl for wisdom because the Faery Godmother has the wisdom to know if your dream is in your best interest or not. There is a chubby cat…companion and familiar. There is a scrawny little guy hidden in her robes indicating that if we insist, we get our dream, even if it may not turn out to be as beautiful dream as we imagined it to be. If we insist, we get it…which is why the owl is important. She holds a crystal ball…knowledge, insight, and intuition. The apple in her other hand reminds us that the magic we ask for may not be good…as in Snow White. The flowers on her head show connectedness to the Earth. The Crescent Moon for the hidden knowledge of magick. This is a powerful and benevolent woman. However, she’ll grant your wishes for good or for ill. So be careful and approach with an open heart.
4. What are the spiritual aspects of the card’s symbols? The spiritual aspects of the cards symbols are hidden knowledge and wisdom, good verus ill. Reaping what we sow.
5. What do you find most appealing about this card? I find the stars sparkling like a crown around her head to be the most appealing thing on this card. There are many hopes and dreams that sparkle out there like diamonds to be had for the asking.
6. Is there anything you find uncomfortable or unappealing about this card? The thing that I find unappealing about this card is that little scrawny guy hidden in her flowing robes. He reminds me that I should be careful lest I get all that I wish for. She has great power for good, but without limits and control, things may turn awry.
7. Have you any other ideas about or impressions of this card? Optimism and beauty. Making my life what I want it to be. Seeing the magick around me and taking hold of it.