Faeries Oracle (Froud) - Universal Card

Aoife

The Lady of the Harvest #18
Lots of faeries, some beautiful, some strange, some grotesque. All seem self-obsessed, not relating to the lady - there's a sense of greed. I like The Lady's abundant body but her soulful face troubles me. She is not happy, she seems weary. Is there a tear on the side of her nose? Is she taken for granted? Have her riches been taken without asking or thanks?

sagitarian

60 The Pook

I picked the card by my eyes, my eyes just went right to it, and I couldn't have picked another as I was DRAWN to that card.

60 The Pook ~
Here's what I wrote about him.
He seems serious to me. Ready to argue but willing to listen to your point of view. However he haaas his opinion and you'd better give him the same courtesy to listen. He also seems as though he wants to tell you the truth about what he "did". Like a son telling his father that he wrecked the family car. Honestly feeling bad/guilty about what he did, but what can you do? Ultimately it was an accident (or was it?). Like to be honest with your faults, open about your opinions. Be ready to back up what you say.

SherryZoned

I picked my card by intuition...It seemed to be rising off the ground compared to the others..so i took that as a hint..

Unity
I dont know what to say about this card. I am at a loss.

sagitarian

RedWood said:

Unity
I dont know what to say about this card. I am at a loss.

oooh. I got unity as my first card in a three card first deck spread. I don't know if this will help you, but what I saw looked like the female reproductive organs in a young maiden. What a woman would look like before having kids if she was just energy. I took that as the begining of a completely different life, or lifestyle. However, this came up as a *past* card.

Like Alissa said in the other post, they all have their VERY unique messages for each individual. "Look deeper" is the constant message the she and I both get.

Wisp Wings

These are the notes direct from my journal. At the time with the way the book is wrote, I didn't know what I was drawing as to what the title was or the meaning implied. Here it all is from my journal:

Drawing from seeing the back of the cards, the one that pulls at you. I actually did this twice and both times got Mikle a' Muckle.

1. What is the emotional atmosphere of the card? Happy. Does it seem peaceful? Yes. Happy? Yes. Sad? No. Loving? Perhap. Lonely? No. Friendly? Yes. What else? Full of fun, a jokester. Onery, in a fun way.

2. What might the physical manifestation of this card's symbols be in someone's life? Laid back, at ease with self and the world and out to have fun and laughter. What aspect of life does this card symbolize to you? Same as the last question's answers. Enjoy self and joke, be light in heart. Could it be talking about better relationships? Where promoting light-heartedness, a few laughs, tricks and folly is approachable -- then yes. A special relationship? Yes. Solitude? Well, even though he is alone in his card, I don't really think of him as being alone. I think its his grin that tells me he's waiting for you (me) to fall for his latest prank or funny. More money? Hum, doesn't come to mind, however I think if this one was to want to help you, he could turn the Wheel of Fortune to tip in a way to favor. More fulfillment? I think anything that will often put a smile on my face would be classed at being fulfilling. More time for social activities? I think so. He seems a social type. More time for special activities? No, unless being his breed of fun. More things and possessions? Fewer? You know, I think he might be the type that would be giving you things and your afraid to take them without knowing for certain that he didn't steal them. I think he would never see lifting something to give a friend as stealing. I would have to work with him to not be doing that. A simpler life? Yes, but yet he could make it difficult, like trying to get out of an embarassing situation, one he set for you. Chaos? Hum, wondering now, Mik, are you why I happened to invertly left my keys in the locker? Order? LOL, not hardly! May have to fight to maintain any order. Activity? Yes, whatever peaks his interest at the moment. Health -- good or bad or changing? Good, please no banana peels on the floor! What else? I want to hug him and feel at times with his simple playful pranks I would want to choke him, yet I'd only draw in a calming breath and let out a sigh.

3. What do you see in the card's symbols that might represent the card's mental characteristics? Is it complex or simple? Multi- or one dimensional? Clear or confusing? I believe he is a master at achieving things to his ends. He acts simple and may have some fooled that he is simply-minded, but he is complex and multi-dimensional. It is he whose of a clear-mind and he is confusing others.

4. What are the spiritual characteristics fo the card's symbols? Healing through comic-relief and oneriness. Also awareness and at times even teaching -- these because at times he will astound by things he will either directly show or set into motion to unfold and it leaves no doubt that this was his doings.

5. What do you find most appealing about this card? His rosy cheek while in the broad grin.

6. Is there anything you find uncomfortable or unappealing about this card? No. He's homely, but lovable. Well, his nose is a riot, have to laugh at this. However, I have the impression he uses that nose much as a hound, he sniffs out his findings.

7. Have you any other ideas of impressions of this card? Yes. He is carefree, silly and a sweetheart. He with all he does in play, jest, and his more serious side, his heart is big and wishes no harm or ill to anyone.

~~~~~~~~
Okay, I don't need tons of people answering this question, but can I get someone to reply to me that know this answer. Mik did have to play with me while I was typing about him. So I (or he caused) must've hit some combinations of keys that when typing will cause the text to advance to the next line once it reaches the middle. Then as the line fills to the middle again of the following line, it moves all up and into correct place, also moving it a word at a time up from beyond the middle. Could it be a control key with some other key used? It somewhat acts like a tab, but releases it after the next line to start all over. I know once in this post I used the insert key. I haven't been able to hardly look at the computer screen as I type this cause of how odd this is. Proves he can be as I said. He is laughing, thinks its funny and "heheheee you will learn something once someone knows the keys you clicked and then tells you." Okay Mik, got it time for embarassment and to learn a lesson on use of the keyboard. lol.

Ruby Red Slippers

I've been reading about this deck here all summer.

Inspired by a fellow Aeclectic, I stopped at the locale Half-Priced Book store on the way home from work yesterday, and guess what? Yup, there it was sitting on the self, saying buy me, :D

I could hardley make myself go to bed last night, as I was mesmerized by the cards..........oh so beuatiful!!!

I'm happy this thread is here to share my Universe card - Picked as instructed in the book. For me my hand throbbed over this card, the energy pulling my hand to it.......

Geeeeeooo the Slooow - He is so sweet and Peaceful!

1. Emotional - calmness, centered, sweetness and patience.

2. Physical manifestation - Being at peace and letting things work out, enjoying now, blending

3. Mental aspects - Clamness, knowing that everything will be alright. No need to push. 4+3 Heaven and Earth = Balance.

4. Spiritual - Grey, there is no "real" right and wrong - ALL just IS

5. Appealing - Calmness

6. Unappealing - Nothing (Which reminds me of the Buddist concept of No-Thing-ness, which is appealing)

7. It is the sweetest, most peacful card. I love it! Now, that is not to say I love the message. I tend to be an impatience person. But who could resist the message when it is given and shown in this way.

These cards are something else. Why did I wait so long? Because the time was right now, not before, I guess :)

Ruby Red Slippers, a Faery apprentice

ultraviolet

My universal Faery is Himself.

Emotionally he is very open and seems to be loving and tender. His arms are open wide as if he is ready to give me a big hug.

Physically the lights that shine from his Crown, Brow and Heart chakras make me think of union of love and spirit. He is connected to his source and he embues compassionate action.

Mentally he is very clear. I see trust and openess in him. He also seems to have a strong animal connection... he is very tame but he also seems to have a wild streak in him.

Spiritually this Faery is SO masculine. Again, he says move with compassionate action. He is very projective, but with a soft and gentle touch. He says to be open to others as much as you would be open to your own spirit.

I love the look in his eyes and the lights that shine through him. He seems to be very emotionally balanced. There is much good within him, but there is also a sad and unhappy aspect in his eyes. It makes him seem more real.

The colors of this card are very subdued. They are soft and loving, and yet very dark and dismal at the same time. Again, there is much balance here.

I read the description of this card after doing the exercise.. I was surprised to discover how similar my reading was compared to the book, and yet also there were pieces in my reading that were just mine. I really like this Faery.

yagottabelieve

o! that gnome

i drew o! that gnome as my universal card.

it took me a very long time to feel which card to choose, but in the end i felt that this one was peering out at me.

i love this card.

he is grumpy and frustrated but still laughing, lighthearted but still causing trouble. he knows more than others and that can be aggravating to him sometimes.

he's mischievous.

with one eye closed it is hard to decide if he is not always seeing what is right in front of him completely or if he is looking within.

he makes me laugh and smile and i know that he will cause some trouble, but i am looking forward to it.

he makes me want to coax a laugh from him that i know is there.

floracove

Tobaira of the Waters

Message from the universe.

Emotional:
Serene, teasing, knowing.

Physical:
Fulfillment, friends.

Mental:
Knowing, teasing, content.

Spiritual:
Fulfillment, enlightenment, serene.

so to summarize.

A teasing, happy nature, full of wonderment & knowing!

cSpaceDiva

Solus 13

I picked this card by moving the cards from one hand to the other face down. I kind of zoned out and cleared my mind of the fact that I was supposed to be picking a card. I got caught up the tear pattern on the back and wondered if it matched up to the one on the front. So I flipped a card over to check and there he was. And it did.

1. Emotional Atmosphere: Calm, Focused

2.Physical Manifestation: Warmth, Beauty, Strength

3. Mental Characteristics: Intense, thinking but not necessarily verbalizing, sometimes confused, but trying to understand.

4. Spiritual Characteristics: The Sun, the giver of life, Heart, love, and "Energy" which has a special meaning to me.

5. Most Appealing: Intense blue eyes, chiseled features, warmth, radiant energy.

6. Uncomfortable: A sense of sadness, distraction.

7. Impressions: He is very powerful, penetrating. It's amazing, I almost picked this as my most appealing card and then he turns up here. I thought he was the most beautiful, but The Maiden kept asking me to come play with her.