Feather meanings

Awkward.turtle91

Hey guys.

I've been receiving about 3 white feathers lately and I'm abroad at the moment, so I'm not paying attention to spiritual things or at least I'm trying to have a break and enjoy my time!

The 21 of December is my great aunts birthday and sadly she passed. Many moons ago.

The other morning I posted a thread about signs and feathers etc, I tried some advice about playing a sort of feather game with my guides.i said that if I found a grey and white feather I'd listen to the signs.

On the ways out I was walking and looking at the mountains talking to my aunt about random things, it so happens that I should look down and find a grey and white feather a day before my aunts birthday.

Can any one tell me what a grey and white feather symbolises please :), I see it as hope, along side with maybe my answer isn't as black and white as it seems.

SweetSiren

Feathers have a link to spiritual matters in a lot of cultures. Even today, finding a feather on the ground feels sort of magical, doesn't it?

Maybe it's saying, spirituality doesn't add something to your life. It's not a category. It's a way of life and being. So, it's not something you put on hold. Because as the feathers keep showing up- spiritual life is insistent and can never be put on pause.

Just some thoughts. Could be a sign to not lose sight of yourself.

Awkward.turtle91

Thankyou,

My rune reading when I read why I was having issues developing a relationship romantically/non either way.

It said not to loose sight off who I am, and to take a break. I kinda did they stopped talking to me for four days, I carried on as normal and got back in to runes and pendulum readings.

I keep seeing monks around as well, so I think that's a sign telling me not to give up :)

starchaser1277

I receive a lot of feather messages. There are web sites that give their interpretation of the meaning of the colors, google it you will find lots of info. I receive red tailed hawk feathers and blue jay feathers from my guides. I did once ask for a specific feather to cross my path, and I did find a very wild looking feather! I see them as reminders that they are with me, and to just keep my eyes open for their signs of their presence in my life. Its also important i find to take note of what you are doing, or thinking when they cross your path. I find many of my feathers when I am struck by inspiring thoughts.

Blessings

Mi-Shell

With Feathers it also depends, what Bird they are from. Each Bird has specific meanings and is a bringer of specific messages. This is true so in Celtic lore, in Germanic lore, in Japanese myth and of course in Native American Medicine Wisdom. These of course are often quite different from one another. That is, where your and your Ancestral heritage comes in. What meaning does this or that bird and its feather have in your ancestral line.
Then we would need to look at where you live now and what message the "local Spirits of the Land" have to give to you.
Do you have a picture of the feathers you found? maybe I and others can tell you, what Bird it is from?
Now, if you were to live in a large city and you find a grey and a white feather it could most likely be from a Pigeon.
That in itself would point towards:
- domestic
- travel
- to bring a message
White = North, spiritual, dreams, purity, hope, peace
Grey = mixed blessing, sadness that is justified, being pensive, thinking things over, especially in the domestic realm.....

Awkward.turtle91

Sorry I didn't take a picture of it, I placed it for Somome else to find because I didn't want to be greedy and I don't have a mobile at the moment. It's quite a small feather, grey on one side white on the other.

I'm in cairns oz at the mo.

With Feathers it also depends, what Bird they are from. Each Bird has specific meanings and is a bringer of specific messages. This is true so in Celtic lore, in Germanic lore, in Japanese myth and of course in Native American Medicine Wisdom. These of course are often quite different from one another. That is, where your and your Ancestral heritage comes in. What meaning does this or that bird and its feather have in your ancestral line.
Then we would need to look at where you live now and what message the "local Spirits of the Land" have to give to you.
Do you have a picture of the feathers you found? maybe I and others can tell you, what Bird it is from?
Now, if you were to live in a large city and you find a grey and a white feather it could most likely be from a Pigeon.
That in itself would point towards:
- domestic
- travel
- to bring a message
White = North, spiritual, dreams, purity, hope, peace
Grey = mixed blessing, sadness that is justified, being pensive, thinking things over, especially in the domestic realm.....