Finding a Mentor

Dogs&Coffee

If possible I'd like to find a mentor for things like intuition, energy work, tarot, etc...

There are classes in my area, but if I'm honest I can't be dropping $200+ every month for each class... and my schedule is not conducive to some of the class schedules...

How does one go about finding the right mentor, and what are the social mores in a mentor/mentee situation?

celticnoodle

Well, one way you can begin to develop those intuitive muscles is you can join in on this psychic ability thread here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=272196

this one above ends on April 01. I use to post these frequently and then got burned out on it for awhile. However, I felt it was time to start them up again and they are really helpful to do if you are interested in developing your intuition.

There are other ways too--I'll come back later this weekend and post them.

Dogs&Coffee

Well, one way you can begin to develop those intuitive muscles is you can join in on this psychic ability thread here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=272196

this one above ends on April 01. I use to post these frequently and then got burned out on it for awhile. However, I felt it was time to start them up again and they are really helpful to do if you are interested in developing your intuition.

There are other ways too--I'll come back later this weekend and post them.

Ohhhh.... I'll skip on over now and take a look at it :3

Thank you so much :D

celticnoodle

There are some books that are a great help for developing your abilities, specifically intuition, psychic abilities and mediumship abilities. The first one is a great book to have and you can use it with your tarot and oracle decks. In fact, it was written for this very reason anyway and is a great way to learn how to awaken and use your psychic abilities. (we all do have them, I believe, to a certain extent). It is titled: "Psychic Tarot" by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard. Its a very easy to read, use and understand book. I always recommend this book first to people who are interested in developing their abilities. I also adapted some of the exercises in this book to use w/o the cards and had great success. The book is also inexpensive and you should be able to find it online.

The 2nd & 3rd book are by Debra Lynn Katz and are titled, "You Are Psychic" and "Extraordinary Psychic". Again, both of these books are designed to help you, the reader, to develop your psychic abilities. They are also inexpensive books, found online and easy to use and understand.

Now, while this isn't a *human* mentor, it is a great way to develop your abilities and at the only cost of buying the book(s). Plus, some of these could very possibly be used here on A.T. as an exercise--if you set it up that way. and, of course, the "Peeking through the Keyhole" is one exercise that will also help you to develop your abilities. I'll be trying to post more, (one at a time though) to do--so keep posted and participate in them.

Other then that, finding courses in your area are the only other ways I know about that can help you with finding a mentor. But, of course--there is a cost for that and sometimes the cost is high. So, keep looking for those courses and maybe you'll find one that is affordable for you.

there are many other books too--but the ones I mentioned above are my faves from all that I've used so far.

Barleywine

You could check the "meet-up" website to see if there are formal or informal gatherings in your area where you might cross paths with a willing mentor. (Searching on "spirituality" will probably get you church groups, though.)

https://www.meetup.com/

Zephyros

You could check the "meet-up" website to see if there are formal or informal gatherings in your area where you might cross paths with a willing mentor. (Searching on "spirituality" will probably get you church groups, though.)

https://www.meetup.com/

Very good idea. Dogs&Coffee, you could also try our own Tarot Meetings & Conferences forum. AT members often meet through there.

ETA: Oops, just saw you already have a thread there! Good luck! :)

Dogs&Coffee

@celticnoodle Psychic tarot arrives tomorrow. I look forward to working with it. I also have a nice chunk of time set aside for keyhole tomorrow 😄 thank you so much for the advice and recommendations!

celticnoodle

@celticnoodle Psychic tarot arrives tomorrow. I look forward to working with it. I also have a nice chunk of time set aside for keyhole tomorrow 😄 thank you so much for the advice and recommendations!

HURRAY! I am sure you will like both--and look forward to what you pick up on in the Peek! :)