Ghost Stories & Experiences

tarotbear

Nothing spooky - more of the 'house eating things' kind ~

I was working on a project for class - I was in nursing school at the time in psych nursing and was doing a project with characters in Shakespeare with mental health issues. I had a whole outline written out - the scripts for the plays all spread out - and then I left the room. When I came back a while later the outline was gone - GONE! It didn't blow off onto the floor by a stray breeze - ZIP! All the scripts were still there but the outline was GONE! Luckily I could reconstruct it. A couple of years later I remodeled the room - expecting that 'maybe' the outline would show up ... it never did and I never knew what happened to it!

Amanda

More recently (in July) I was painting in the kitchen and felt someone walk up behind me. They stopped just a few feet away from me and were just standing there behind me with a curious vibe, watching what I was doing. I thought it was my dad because no one else was here, but when I turned around and no one was standing there, I realized the energy that was rapidly dissipating was that of a young pre-teen spirit. My dad was outside the whole time.

A few weeks ago, I was relaxing across my bed, head propped in hand watching tv- completely immersed in a show, I saw movement near the floor below the tv and looked to quickly catch a glimpse of a young grey and black tiger cat, probably not more than 6 months old. It was just sitting there between some boxes I hadn't yet unpacked, like he was pleased to find a nook to sit in. The cat disappeared just as quickly as I looked.

toj

When I was in college and working at the library late one night on a Sunday with three other people, the elevator used to to move books only from floor to floor kept moving to different floors about every 15 minutes. All of us thought thought one of the others was doing it or one of the students was doing it as a joke. After all the students were gone and we were closing, the elevator kept moving on its own even with all of there standing in front of it. The next week there was a story about how they had gone back to re-examine an old native American dig site and they had unearthed some new pottery and human bones that weekend. I talked to some people that had been there for decades and they said it always happened whenever there were new digs at that site.

firefrost

I have four different experiences that stand out above others to me.

I'll try to keep them short!

Experience 1: When my two daugters were very young (they're 24 and 20 now) I'd got the eldest ready to go out and play and was just brushing the youngests' hair when suddenly she looked into the empty doorway into the kitchen. her face lit up, and she jumped up saying "yay, you came back, yay"! Eldest daughter and I just looked at each other and try as I did, I couldn't get her to tell me who was playing with her, no matter how much I wanted to welcome them, sadly. She never did it again.

Experience 2:
Again when they were young, both suffered with what doctor described as 'Asthmatic Tendencies' - basically for the first few years of their lives, I got no sleep due to continual night time coughing. This one night I was laid awake listening to the eldest, and decided that the next time she coughed, I'd go in to her. It went quiet and then I heard her say 'I want to go to sleep now'. I turned round in bed, thinking that hubby had gone to her (it would have been a first!) and he was laid asleep next to me. I just mentally thanked the spirit healers.

Experience 3:
Back with the childhood health problems. I prayed to the spirit healers regularly to come to the girls, and one evening I was just about to walk out of our back room when I saw a giant cobweb float by. It was from floor to ceiling. Spirit often come to us in this form, so again I gave thanks.

And the last one:
When my beloved mum in law was in hospital very ill, we went to visit her and hubs went off to see a nurse. She turned to me and asked if I could see 'those'. I saw nothing. She said "Giant cobwebs, umpteen of them." I prayed and prayed that they were the spirit healers but unfortunately it was the guides from the spirit world come to take her over there.

There have been many more small things, but these are the ones that really stick in my memory.

firecatpickles

I have several...

The one that is most interesting, and one that more than one person witnessed, happened right after my friend Chris aka puckinfl died.

We were talking about him and I had put an empty diet coke can on the end table where Chris would always put his Coke when he came to visit. Both of us heard a "ting" and my coke can flew off the end table and onto the floor. We promptly shut the house down and went to bed.

Related story: During the same time period, at school, also witnessed by others (my third graders no less!), we were all engaged in "Drop Everything and Read" when a thumb tack popped out of the wall and hit a student on the head; and then we heard HEAVY footsteps up our metal ramp; and then three raps on the door. We all looked at each other. I directed a student to open the door only to find no one there. They all looked at me with the most terrified looks on their faces.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=182306
a link to his dictionary of meanings

Milfoil

Back in 2006 we did some real time remote viewing exercises. From post 40, although the original link isn't working, you can see the reaction to the photo which came out as part of this experiment. I have attached the photo to this post so that you can see it. I swear on everything I hold dear that there was no camera trickery, nothing that can explain this and no photoshop stuff going on. This is the unaltered photo as it came from the camera.

Attachments

• Ghost.jpg
    Ghost.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 82

Oddity

More recently (in July) I was painting in the kitchen and felt someone walk up behind me. They stopped just a few feet away from me and were just standing there behind me with a curious vibe, watching what I was doing. I thought it was my dad because no one else was here, but when I turned around and no one was standing there, I realized the energy that was rapidly dissipating was that of a young pre-teen spirit. My dad was outside the whole time.
Something similar happened to me once (years ago).
I was doing the dishes in the middle of a sunny afternoon and suddenly felt this presence next to me, just behind my shoulder. I knew there wasn't anyone else home so I tried to ignore it and not let myself be spooked by fantasies, but this feeling was so insistent, to the point of being annoying. The closest I can describe the feeling is, it was like someone standing way too close in your personal space, tugging frantically at your arm and shouting "HEY! Hey! HEY! You! Hello you! Hey! You!" over and over and over. (Except there was no actual physical tugging, no sound, and noone physically there.) It was an EXTREMELY strong feeling, not like the usual vague feeling of "being watched" that can pop up sometime, but a feeling of some other person actually being _there_.

I should say there was no feeling of threat, just some...thing... very agitated being way too close, and that wouldn't go away until I told it firmly and not very kindly "Please GO AWAY, leave me alone, I DON'T like this and it's my home". Because it DID spook me that it wouldn't go away when I just tried to ignore it.
But as soon as I told it to go, it went away.
And that was that...

...until a few days later when our downstairs neighbour was found dead in his own home. (Elderly gentleman living alone, natural cause of death) He'd been dead for a couple of days by then. Which means, he would have died the same day that I had that experience.

What if it was him somehow trying to get help? I don't know what to think of it, but it made me feel bad for snapping at that presence. :( But I was scared, and didn't know how else to deal with the situation...

Milfoil

Hubby swears he saw a ghost when he was in his late teens. He went down to stay with a friend who lived in an old house in Henley. Hubby was sleeping in the sister's room while she was away at Uni. In the middle of the night he said that he awoke to see a black silhouette of a female figure at the end of the bed like black on black. Thinking it was the sister returned home early, he asked if it was her . . . no reply. So he turned the light on and there was nobody there. At this point he was a bit spooked but just pulled the covers over his head and went back to sleep. The following morning he told his friend of the nocturnal experience. To his surprise, his friend said "Oh wow, you've seen her, you lucky b*****d"! Apparently everyone in the family had seen the ghostly lady except him. Hubby says it wasn't exactly scary but more of a shock. The family were quite happy with the situation, the ghost never did any harm and they all lived together very well.

------

I've seen or experienced one or two but the really scary one was when I was a child. My friend and I were about 10 years old and we used to play sometimes in an old, empty manor house. It was so beautiful inside with murals on the walls and ceilings, like having your own personal enchanted castle to play in. We never did any damage, just ran around and played 'house' each of us bringing a doll and a picnic, that sort of thing.

My friend's older brother was doing some work on the nearby fields, a bit of repair work on the walls I think, when we went with him one day to play in the house. There was only one way in without a key and that was through the broken scullery window which could be slid back. We had been playing for about 15 minutes when we heard heavy foot steps coming from the attic above us. The attic was BIG, like a full suite of rooms in itself and although we had been up there, it was dark and scary so we didn't go there often. I remember standing at the top of the big, central stair case as we both listened and looked up. Someone was in there with us!

We looked at oneanother and whispered that it might be William, playing a joke on us so we called out but there was no response, only the footsteps coming towards the attic door ahead of us. At this point we both legged it down the stairs, round to the kitchen and screamed out of the scullery window. William, of course, was busy outside and had no time for two silly 10 year old girls. We ran over to him and told him about the footsteps but he thought we were making it up. Then after a few minutes of sobbing and genuine panic from us, I think he had a 2nd thought about whether a tramp might be making the place his home? Since he was custodian of the estate while it was empty, he had to make sure that nobody was taking up residence.

Off we all went back to check all the doors and windows into the property but none were accessible. So back to the scullery window and inside we went. William went first up the stairs, all was quiet. We all stood at the top of the stairs - not a sound. Then just as we were going to go back down there was a shuffling above us. Not mice or anything like that, more like someone trying to move a box. He shot up to the attic and we followed at a distance. We fully expected to find a tramp but there was nothing, not even the dust was disturbed. Nobody had been up there and certainly there were no signs of anyone living there.

I can't account for it other than it was a ghost but even though nothing happened, we were all scared witless!

amethyst57

Back in 2006 we did some real time remote viewing exercises. From post 40, although the original link isn't working, you can see the reaction to the photo which came out as part of this experiment. I have attached the photo to this post so that you can see it. I swear on everything I hold dear that there was no camera trickery, nothing that can explain this and no photoshop stuff going on. This is the unaltered photo as it came from the camera.

may not have been spirit either...looks like a smudge on yer camera lens...
from my experiences, spirits have some human form left, at least an outline, if not full body...
btw...sorry to burst any bubbles...

amethyst57

my town is full of spirit life...
the mall has 2 ghosts, one that shows itself and plays tricks...
the other pounds on machines and doors to get yer attention...
the trickster died in a tavern fire there, before the mall was built...
the later was a man who was caught in the basement of a 5 & dime, worker who couldn't find his way out...mayhaps he doesn't realize he's dead, the reason he bangs on doors and machines...(doors like passage doors or bathroom stalldoors...machines like arcade games...)
AND there's the cowboys on their horses...little girl with half a head....a few dark figures
here and there....another girl in what use to be an opera house...spirits of people who threw themselves in front of passing trains...lotsa Natives passing thru...flirtatious dead caretaker of an old B&B...woman looking for her daughter around the city water tank...an old man that watches over my low-visioned nephew as he walks home from work...
lotsa various other spirits...