Ghost Stories & Experiences

ThunderWolf

My mother also has a spirit animal story. She was babysitting my sisters 2 children, one an infant and the other a toddler. The infant was about 4mos. old, I think and was in the crib that all us kids had used. Mom fell asleep on the couch, and was awakened by our family dog, who kept bumping her with his head and nose and pawing at her. She woke up slightly, patted him on the head and then the dog took off down the hallway towards the room w/the kids. It was then mom realized that dog was our old deceased dog who had been dead for many years. (while I was still in school!) She ran down the hall to find that my infant nephew had pushed his head under the bumper pad and through the railings of that crib, (which was actually considered 'unsafe' for the times) and could've easily killed him, had he continued to fall through. The 'SPIRIT' dog (our beloved pet from years before) had saved the day and my nephew. he does btw, continue to show himself to us all and keeps a watchful eye over us. :D

I can't express enough how heartwarming this story is to me! I love animals, and I'm also still dealing with the Dec. 1st loss of my incredibly devoted best friend/cat. Stories about such devoted animals just give me a wonderful feeling that defies explanation! Thanks for sharing! :)

celticnoodle

I can't express enough how heartwarming this story is to me! I love animals, and I'm also still dealing with the Dec. 1st loss of my incredibly devoted best friend/cat. Stories about such devoted animals just give me a wonderful feeling that defies explanation! Thanks for sharing! :)

:) thank you, TW. This dog actually comes around to all of us (my parents and each of my siblings) often. Its like he makes the rounds. :p

I also had a guinea pig of ours come through once when I had a psychic reading. He came through to thank us for 'saving' him. :laugh: my friends daughter got a guinea pig after our daughter got her first one. however, within a few weeks the friends daughter was a bit bored with her pig, didn't really take care of him and their pet cat terrorized the poor dear. he was a frightened mess! My friend c. me and begged me to take him. She didn't have to beg, really-we immediately went up to get him and he became part of the family. For the first week or so, he was quite skittish and would jump at the slightest noise. However, he soon settled in nicely and actually came to me 2x--first through the psychic to thank us for 'saving' him as I mentioned and then one other time just to say hello. :D

My granddog who passed a 2 or 3 years ago also shows up now and again. but as with the guinea pig, it's really a 'thank you' or 'hello' type of visit--where as my childhood pet dog comes when it's necessary too!

newlillith

I love the animal stories CN! They are making my day :)

Siochanai

I have only had one experience personally but sadly there is not much of a story behind it. At the time I believe I was around 10 or 11 years old. I laid down to go to sleep and I felt a chill take over the room. It was not like a see your breath ghost movie chill but it was like I was more on edge. My hairs on my arms and neck stood up and I got goosebumps. Everything was very awkwardly silent. Then I saw her it was a younger woman standing at the foot of my bed in a white night gown. She had a slight blue aura around her and she looked quite happy. She gave me a smile and walked over closer to me. Laid her hand on my forehead and vanished.

To this day it still gives me shivers thinking about who she was or what she wanted. Never saw her again. Surprisingly I was not scared I did not feel the anxiety to scream. I was quite calm but as I sated it still gives me shivers.

celticnoodle

I love the animal stories CN! They are making my day :)
thanks NL. :)

Wow, Siochanai, what an interesting experience. You say it gives you the shivers. I hope these shivers don't scare you to continue thinking of it, and instead intrigues you. I always find such things as intriguing. I always want more!

I have another story to share, though I promised I wouldn't do anymore. I had hoped this thread would continue on and on and not stop. I wanted to read more stories like the ones already posted here. Anyway, here is another story.

Our daughter has always shown signs of mediumship and we believe our granddaughter shows signs of it as well.

When she was about 2yrs. old and our daughter was putting her to bed, (in her crib), they have a nightly thing of where a story is read to her first, as she drinks a cup of milk. then they head into her bedroom and the baby picks 3 of her favorite stuffed animals to sleep with. This one night she wanted 4, and my daughter kept telling her no, only 3. That was "the rule".

So, off to bed she goes with 3 of her stuffed animals, a bit sad that #4 couldn't join her and remained up on the shelf high above her head on the opposite side of the room from her crib. She could only look at this beloved toy as she fell asleep, crying softly that she couldn't cuddle with it.

Come morning, our daughter went in as usual to get her out of the crib and lo and behold, right there in the crib with her is the 4th favorite stuffed animal that was suppose to stay on the shelf! :bugeyed:

now, you may say, "her father put it in with her". But, at that time, my sil worked the night shift and went to work at 10:30 to begin his 11pm shift. He didn't get home till 7 or 7:30am, after the daughter and grandbaby were awake. They also didn't put the baby to bed till just as her daddy was headed to work, so he could join in on the story telling. So, he had already left for work when she was headed to bed.

so, how did that 4th animal get in there? :confused: well, we had long suspected that my deceased father was making himself well known to the baby, as she often spoke of "HIM" being with her and she seemed to mimic some of his sayings exactly, though she was only 6mos. old when he passed.

I wonder if was him.......?

intriguing, isn't it? :D

ThunderWolf

Wow, Siochanai, what an interesting experience. You say it gives you the shivers. I hope these shivers don't scare you to continue thinking of it, and instead intrigues you. I always find such things as intriguing. I always want more!

I have another story to share, though I promised I wouldn't do anymore. I had hoped this thread would continue on and on and not stop. I wanted to read more stories like the ones already posted here. Anyway, here is another story.

Our daughter has always shown signs of mediumship and we believe our granddaughter shows signs of it as well.

When she was about 2yrs. old and our daughter was putting her to bed, (in her crib), they have a nightly thing of where a story is read to her first, as she drinks a cup of milk. then they head into her bedroom and the baby picks 3 of her favorite stuffed animals to sleep with. This one night she wanted 4, and my daughter kept telling her no, only 3. That was "the rule".

So, off to bed she goes with 3 of her stuffed animals, a bit sad that #4 couldn't join her and remained up on the shelf high above her head on the opposite side of the room from her crib. She could only look at this beloved toy as she fell asleep, crying softly that she couldn't cuddle with it.

Come morning, our daughter went in as usual to get her out of the crib and lo and behold, right there in the crib with her is the 4th favorite stuffed animal that was suppose to stay on the shelf! :bugeyed:

now, you may say, "her father put it in with her". But, at that time, my sil worked the night shift and went to work at 10:30 to begin his 11pm shift. He didn't get home till 7 or 7:30am, after the daughter and grandbaby were awake. They also didn't put the baby to bed till just as her daddy was headed to work, so he could join in on the story telling. So, he had already left for work when she was headed to bed.

so, how did that 4th animal get in there? :confused: well, we had long suspected that my deceased father was making himself well known to the baby, as she often spoke of "HIM" being with her and she seemed to mimic some of his sayings exactly, though she was only 6mos. old when he passed.

I wonder if was him.......?

intriguing, isn't it? :D

I love it! It gave me a chuckle to think that great-granddad is "spoiling' her from the other side! :)

Siochanai

No it is not a shiver of fear it is certainly one of intrigue. I often think about the experience wondering what significance it carries in the things that have happened in my life since spiritually. I always wonder what weight it carries. After all she did touch my forehead. Which I find rather odd. I always ask why me? Like I said it was my only spirit/ghost experience I ever had in my life. Unless you count the constant feeling of being watched, followed, and the constant feeling of hands on my shoulders. But who knows I never really tried to get answers probably because I am afraid to try lol.

But from another perspective there is my sister. She has these dreams horrible dreams. Dreams of destruction and chaos. Some how my maternal grandparents who died maybe three years ago are always there to help her get through it and give her comfort. The weird thing is she came up to me the one day and said why are they here. Why do I always feel they are around me? Why do I always see them in my dreams? Why do I swear I see visions of them every day? She often sees someone in a store and has to double take to make sure it is not her Grandmother. So I did a Tarot reading for her about it and the answers I got to her why's even made my jaw drop.

celticnoodle

I love it! It gave me a chuckle to think that great-granddad is "spoiling' her from the other side! :)
:) yes, it would be just like him to do this too. She was the first of the great grandchildren, and luckily, he was able to 'meet' her when she was 4mos. old. He was so thrilled, though even then he was on his death bed, and not expected to live long. I'm so glad he did get to hold her, and he held on for another month and a half after that.

No it is not a shiver of fear it is certainly one of intrigue. I often think about the experience wondering what significance it carries in the things that have happened in my life since spiritually. I always wonder what weight it carries. After all she did touch my forehead. Which I find rather odd. I always ask why me? Like I said it was my only spirit/ghost experience I ever had in my life. Unless you count the constant feeling of being watched, followed, and the constant feeling of hands on my shoulders. But who knows I never really tried to get answers probably because I am afraid to try lol.

But from another perspective there is my sister. She has these dreams horrible dreams. Dreams of destruction and chaos. Some how my maternal grandparents who died maybe three years ago are always there to help her get through it and give her comfort. The weird thing is she came up to me the one day and said why are they here. Why do I always feel they are around me? Why do I always see them in my dreams? Why do I swear I see visions of them every day? She often sees someone in a store and has to double take to make sure it is not her Grandmother. So I did a Tarot reading for her about it and the answers I got to her why's even made my jaw drop.

oooh. interesting. Not sure why she has horrible dreams, but it's good that her grandparents are letting her know they are there to help her through it. Perhaps that is the only message of the dream--to know that they will always be there to help her through the hard times. Our deceased loved ones are with us always and will do what ever they can to keep us safe, you know. I fully believe this. They can't take away all the bad things that come to be, as somethings are meant to occur-even if they are devastating to us. Its a part of life. here anyway. Hopefully the bad dreams will stop for your sister.

newlillith

Awww, CN I love that story! How can grandparents resist spoiling their grandkids?

Siochani, that IS intriguing. What kind of things have happened since? You don't have to share if it's personal, but it is definitely interesting that she touched your forehead.

Siochani's story reminded me of another two of mines. Not quite ghosty, but almost.

The first is short. I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9. I used to see stuff more often then. Anyway, I was drifting off to sleep when I saw a man's face. This was me halfway dreaming, half awake. Anyway, it's a man. He was an adult but I can't put an age on him. He had brown hair and all he did was say my name very loudly. "NEWLILLITH." I woke with a start and a pounding heart. Still can't figure out what it was.

The other one was a dream that's always stayed with me. I was again, 8 or 9, and had this dream:

I was at a carnival. Lots of kids around me playing video games or just carnival games. I had no desire to talk to any of them. I saw this cave ahead and pushed through the crowds to get in. I walk in and, hand to heart, the hamburglar and a man were in there. At the time I thought the man was Jesus, but now I think he was my spirit guide. Anyway, the man gestures at this path that goes deep into the cave. It's winding and it gets very dark. The path is not very wide and it falls off in the abyss on the sides of it. The man asks if I'd like to walk it, to go with him. We start to walk but then the light cuts off suddenly. If I take one more step I'll be in complete darkness. He says he'll be beside me, but I won't be able to see him. But no, I'm too scared. I walk back to the brightly lit entryway and leave the cave.

I regret that a lot, I always wonder what would have happened if I'd stepped forward. Sometimes I wonder if I have anyways : )

Ok, I just remembered another one. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had very vivd waking dreams. One night I was falling asleep and looked up at the ceiling. A thousand million spiderwebs were up there and began to fall on me. Thousands and thousands of beautiful spider webs. It didn't freak me out, I just watched them until I woke up.

Siochanai

Awww, CN I love that story! How can grandparents resist spoiling their grandkids?

Siochani, that IS intriguing. What kind of things have happened since? You don't have to share if it's personal, but it is definitely interesting that she touched your forehead.

No real other experiences since then besides the ones I mentions about constantly feeling watched and followed. There is also the constant feeling someone is hanging from my shoulders like I am giving them a piggy back ride. I never saw her again after that night or any other ghost/apparition visualization. Then again we moved from where we lived at that time maybe a year or so after so that could be why. I am not positive.