give the cards a break and let's use a book

GotH

CLOSED

Is anyone up for a do it now biblio exchange? Who's qualified? :D Have a seat and be ready to exchange with feedback and a return reading.

Cheers

G6

Not sure if I'm qualified, but I'd like to try if you are taking first timers?

GotH

Oh I'm not serious about qualifications as there really isn't such a thing that I'm aware of. ;) Thanks for trying this out.

Do you have a question or a focus? :)

G6

Oh I'm not serious about qualifications as there really isn't such a thing that I'm aware of. ;) Thanks for trying this out.

Do you have a question or a focus? :)

Not really. I just wanted to try. Maybe just my general message, advice or warning from the universe?

Let me know your Q and how I'm supposed to do this? Do I focus on your question then open any book and see where it lands?

GotH

Okay.. We'll see what kind of message I can get for you.

This is what I do.. I pick a book that keeps in subject with the question. I pretty much tell the book before I open it that it's going to be used as an oracle. I then close my eyes and focus on the question for a bit flipping through pages giving the book "enough" time to lead me to the answer. I open the book and focus on the first area I see. Sometimes if I feel I need to, I'll look around the page for more info. The answer is there on that page if you don't rush the process. Good luck and have fun with it..

My question is, how will she feel when she reads the post my other friend left on the site?

G6

Okay.. We'll see what kind of message I can get for you.

This is what I do.. I pick a book that keeps in subject with the question. I pretty much tell the book before I open it that it's going to be used as an oracle. I then close my eyes and focus on the question for a bit flipping through pages giving the book "enough" time to lead me to the answer. I open the book and focus on the first area I see. Sometimes if I feel I need to, I'll look around the page for more info. The answer is there on that page if you don't rush the process. Good luck and have fun with it..

My question is, how will she feel when she reads the post my other friend left on the site?

Okay, got it! :)

GotH

Maybe just my general message, advice or warning from the universe?

I've been using the book Weird California for biblios lately that seem to be quite on target. Let's see if the message resonates for you too.

Personal Properties Page 129

She continues to work on her buildings for nearly twenty years, saying that it was something to keep her busy in her old age.

By 1972, Grand ma Prisbrey's husband died and she was too frail to continue to live in her village on her own. She was invited by one subsequent owner to stay on as a caretaker, but when the land changed hands again the new owner, a developer, evicted her. Finally, in 1986, Bottle Village was purchased by a group, Preserve Bottle Village (PBV), intent on saving it.

Okay, so the message from the Universe here could be saying that something you've been working on for quite some time may come to a point of expiration. You may find yourself being forced out of where you have comfortably been for awhile. This could be a project, a way of life, your living arrangements or simply a way of thinking. The key here is that the choice won't really be yours but by the hands of someone else. Someone's actions will lead you to walk away from where you are at now. The memories won't be forgotten though and something you walk away from will live on.

G6

GotH Reading: Women's Spirituality and Ritual

Okay, this is from Barbara G. Walker's book Women's Spirituality and Ritual...

"In the same way, the bowl can serve as a receptacle for unwanted qualities and blockages. One woman states that she pours away avarice; another pours away impatience; another pours away weakness or passivity; another pours away her past errors, until each has renounced something that troubles her and poured water into the bowl in token of her renunciation. Then the bowl can be emptied into a "hole of oblivion," or into a toilet, to signify that the unwanted things are flushed out of one's life and a fresh start can be made."

Reading: The ceremonial bowl Barbara G. Walker talks about seems to be an analogy for social media in the context of your question. Each woman places her intention in these posts in the same way as described above. It is as powerful even if the action is not consciously understood as such by the participants. The message from above seems to be that the grievances have been aired and released, which leaves you all to move on to a new beginning. In other words, it's over.

Hope this resonates?

GotH

Okay, this is from Barbara G. Walker's book Women's Spirituality and Ritual...

"In the same way, the bowl can serve as a receptacle for unwanted qualities and blockages. One woman states that she pours away avarice; another pours away impatience; another pours away weakness or passivity; another pours away her past errors, until each has renounced something that troubles her and poured water into the bowl in token of her renunciation. Then the bowl can be emptied into a "hole of oblivion," or into a toilet, to signify that the unwanted things are flushed out of one's life and a fresh start can be made."

Reading: The ceremonial bowl Barbara G. Walker talks about seems to be an analogy for social media in the context of your question. Each woman places her intention in these posts in the same way as described above. It is as powerful even if the action is not consciously understood as such by the participants. The message from above seems to be that the grievances have been aired and released, which leaves you all to move on to a new beginning. In other words, it's over.

Hope this resonates?

Very good. And so relevant to what I've been picking up about this person in general. One woman has some stern beliefs about a certain subject while the other is less taken by the situation. I find myself somewhere in the middle. I think our conversations in general along with what she posted is going to wake us all up to be more aware of how this effecting those around us.

I think you did very well for you first time. Good job. :)

G6

I've been using the book Weird California for biblios lately that seem to be quite on target. Let's see if the message resonates for you too.

Personal Properties Page 129

She continues to work on her buildings for nearly twenty years, saying that it was something to keep her busy in her old age.

By 1972, Grand ma Prisbrey's husband died and she was too frail to continue to live in her village on her own. She was invited by one subsequent owner to stay on as a caretaker, but when the land changed hands again the new owner, a developer, evicted her. Finally, in 1986, Bottle Village was purchased by a group, Preserve Bottle Village (PBV), intent on saving it.

Okay, so the message from the Universe here could be saying that something you've been working on for quite some time may come to a point of expiration. You may find yourself being forced out of where you have comfortably been for awhile. This could be a project, a way of life, your living arrangements or simply a way of thinking. The key here is that the choice won't really be yours but by the hands of someone else. Someone's actions will lead you to walk away from where you are at now. The memories won't be forgotten though and something you walk away from will live on.

Thanks for your reading! I'm not sure if this is picking up on me directly or a family member as it more accurately seems to fit a potential situation with a family member. Of course, either way it would be a change for me. If it is about me directly I'm not sure what the change might be for me.