Going prices for various "Out of Print" tarot decks ...

Inannadescends

Thank you Mimers! :D

I'm printing up the order form as I write this. I may email him before I mail the order, on the order form he wants the check made out to "tarot" and not Ed Buryn. Which seems odd...

Dakota

OMG!!!!! I just snagged a new Alchemical Tarot on eBay for only 35 pounds!!!!! I can't believe it; the last two that sold from this country went for $103+ and $112+!!!!!

I thought about it for maybe a nano-second............ Now I just hope it will make it across the Atlantic!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it...........

:D

Mimers

Dakota, that is awsome!!! I am so happy you finally snagged this deck, and for such a good price too!

Let me know how you like it. I love mine!

Blessings,
Mimi

Dakota

Thanks! I am still hyperventilating..............

Dakota

My Alchemical Tarot just arrived! Only 5 days from England!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

Kissa

Pagan X said:
Mystic Eye:

More price points from http://shop.themysticeye.biz/

Rare and Hard to Find Tarot
The Royal Fez Moroccan Tarot Deck
Code: FEZ1T
Price: $250.00
In Stock

The Royal Fez Moroccan Tarot
Code: ROYT
Price: $175.00
In Stock

That is pure robbery!!!!
The deck costs about 15€ on tarotworld.com that is AGMueller, the swiss publisher!!!!

Kissa

HudsonGray

That is robbery (I have a deck sitting on the bookshelf here, damn! No money maker!). Amazon has it a lot cheaper:
http://www.bookchecker.com/0913866679

And Tarot Garden has it listed as offline inventory. Wonder how much she charges?

The Mystic Eye's pages haven't been updated in quite a while, some of their stuff is really old.

Jeannette

Kissa said:
That is pure robbery!!!!
The deck costs about 15€ on tarotworld.com that is AGMueller, the swiss publisher!!!!
For what it's worth -- AGM's website is out-of-date. Unless the info I've received from AGM is incorrect, the Royal Fez is now OOP, and there doesn't currently seem to be any plans to reprint it. We had managed to get our hands on a supply of the Royal Fez last year (indirectly) from AGM, for which we were offered a good wholesale price, which allowed us to resell the decks for US$ 15. After that supply went amazingly quickly (and now I know why), I tried to reorder, which is when we were told that the deck was no longer available -- now or in the foreseeable future.

Also, you need to keep in mind that there were earlier editions of the Royal Fez other than AGM's. A Rigel Press copy from the initial limited edition print run of 500 copies from the late 50s could well be worth $250. I can't tell from the info you posted exactly which editions were being offered, but I would agree that even out-of-print, the AGM edition isn't worth that much. But current demand and subsequent lack of supply is bound to push the price up past €15 on the present market.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Kissa

Jeannette said:
Also, you need to keep in mind that there were earlier editions of the Royal Fez other than AGM's. A Rigel Press copy from the initial limited edition print run of 500 copies from the late 50s could well be worth $250. I can't tell from the info you posted exactly which editions were being offered, but I would agree that even out-of-print, the AGM edition isn't worth that much. But current demand and subsequent lack of supply is bound to push the price up past €15 on the present market.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Oh! Thanks Jeannette for the update! I wasn't aware of that previous highly collectable edition of the Fez deck. You must be right, the price mentioned here is certainly referring to this edition and not the AGM's. AGM website is quite frustrating but I got very good contact with a sales person, it is a pity though that a publisher doesn't realize the importance of having a nice website nowadays. I am glad Lo Scarabeo finally improved theirs.

I have found myself buying or dreaming to buy OOP decks just because they were mentioned here, just for the fun of chasing them and getting my hands on some. But even very very rare, I wouldn't hunt the Royal Fez, at east the AGM version ;)

Kissa

SongDeva

Le_Corsair said:
PoMo - average $21.27, high $38.96, low 10.00, went unsold once due to high reserve.

So you can continue to keep score, a couple of days ago I bought the PoMo set for $1.50 on a BuyItNow!