HARVEST FULL MOON/LUNAR ECLIPSE - Friday September, 16, 2016

G6

TOMORROW - Friday September 16, 2016

The penumbral lunar eclipse/Harvest Full Moon is happening!

SO...

What plans do you all have for the occassion?

Who has more info on how special this event will be?

Any cleansing/releasing rituals planned?

AnemoneRosie

I just like going out to see the moon...
I'm not really one for ritual.

celticnoodle

The penumbral lunar eclipse can/Harvest Full Moon is happening!

SO...

I had forgotten that it was going to be a full moon! So much going on here right now, I lost track of time. Anyway, I did a google search on the spiritual meaning for this moon to get an idea of what I should do.

I found this site: http://www.mysticmamma.com/lunar-eclipse-full-moon-in-pisces-september-16th-2016/

So, I think this is the perfect day (tomorrow) to (as it says in this site) “Let go, forgive, surrender".

I will do this. :)

Thank You, G6 for reminding me of this full moon.

one other thing we (Hubby & I) are planning to do this full moon, is to sit on our dock at the river house and watch the show. Every full moon and the day before and day after, the fish go nuts! :laugh: they jump wildly and splash again in the river. It starts just as the sun is setting and they go on strong till you can't even see the splashes anymore, only hear them. We love to sit and watch them and have even taken to rating their splashes like they are olympic sports athletes. :D

GotH

Thanks for the reminder G6. I LOVE the moon. Plus it's my signature card in tarot.

one other thing we (Hubby & I) are planning to do this full moon, is to sit on our dock at the river house and watch the show. Every full moon and the day before and day after, the fish go nuts! :laugh: they jump wildly and splash again in the river. It starts just as the sun is setting and they go on strong till you can't even see the splashes anymore, only hear them. We love to sit and watch them and have even taken to rating their splashes like they are olympic sports athletes. :D

Just marvelous. :heart:

G6

I had forgotten that it was going to be a full moon! So much going on here right now, I lost track of time. Anyway, I did a google search on the spiritual meaning for this moon to get an idea of what I should do.

I found this site: http://www.mysticmamma.com/lunar-eclipse-full-moon-in-pisces-september-16th-2016/

So, I think this is the perfect day (tomorrow) to (as it says in this site) “Let go, forgive, surrender".

Thank You, G6 for reminding me of this full moon.

Thanks for all the links CN! Wow, this is a great quote!

“Out of the wound emerges the teacher, your wisdom, your wholeness".

Seems like some finalityor shift of sorts with this full moon eclipse. Hopefully it will move things forward for everyone.

Your riverside evening with the fish sounds AWESOME! Enjoy! 👍🏻

earthair

I'll be going to a wedding- I wonder if the bride knew about the eclipse when she booked the date!

sweetcherise13

The penumbral lunar eclipse/Harvest Full Moon is happening!

SO...

Thank you so much for starting this thread, G6. Being a Virgo with my moon in Pisces, I've been anxiously awaiting this time. And I always LOVE the harvest full moon!
Typically, I bring out all the fall decorations and enjoy seeing the splashes of orange, yellow, red, magenta etc. fill the house. Since we've now put our moving plans aside for now I'm excited to do the decorating . :)
It's a time of thanks to all that I've been given throughout the year and a welcoming in of fall. :)
The hubby and I went to the renaissance fair and I found a walking stick that I plan on using for the first time later today as I hike through the most beautiful out of the way path. (weather permitting)

Thank you for sharing this site, CN. There's been a lot of emotions I've been holding back and tucking away and now feels like a perfect time to allow myself to do exactly what the quote is stating.

What a wonderful way to experience the full moon! :love:
"Rating the splashes like they are Olympic sports athletes". How incredibly fun is that!! :joke:

"Shine on Harvest Moon 🌝"

Barleywine

As a "Full Moon baby," I can almost sense when the Moon is reaching its fullness. I was outside at moon-rise last night and saw a sliver of it through the trees, thinking "That feels like a Full Moon" but I couldn't see it clearly enough to tell how close it was. Then I came in and saw this thread. As an astrologer I don't pay a lot of attention to it because its transiting influence is so fleeting. But my mystical side always feels "charged up" by it.

Disa

I'm glad you brought the full moon to my attn. I almost let it slip by completely. I had already planned to make more wine stoppers and a few Halloween gifts today. In addition I am getting the house ready for fall. Windows and doors open, attic fan on until it gets too hot. I usually don't put the Halloween decorations up until Oct 1, but I think I'm going to have to do some of it today!!! (thanks to GotH's Countdown to Halloween thread)

No specific rituals planned, but we shall see how the day goes. I have the entire weekend free to putter around the house and figure things out :)

Thanks for sharing those full moon links, CN. And of course I always love your full moon jumping fish story :)