Health Choice

Ruby Jewel

I am seeing a doctor who practices a form of acupressure that is quite radical. He has helped a lot of people, but we go through a lot of pain having toes adjusted, getting flattened with blows to our backs, or having our joints put back in place...we are usually covered with bruises and swollen feet or hands.....he has already fixed my knee and lower back, but last week he hit me on the head with his knuckle to bring a nerve back and now I am having tingling in my face and head when I lay on my cheek, which could be either my stiff neck and shoulders which I have just begun to work on myself, or else nerve damage to my head. I am having difficulty deciding whether to continue with this doctor...who generously allows me to pay what I can afford....or to stop seeing him. I drew 9 cards with the question of whether or not to continue. Any help with this reading is appreciated.

1 Rider = going to see the doctor
2 Tree = health issues
3 Garden = public service
4 Clover = short-term success (my knee and lower back)
5 Cloud = my indecision
6 Path = life changing choice
7 Tower = clinic, spine work (my back is the health issue)
8 Scythe = doctor, repeated action, tingling or pins and needles sensation, rough treatment
9 Ring = positive outcome, repeating visits

I'm a novice at Lenormand, and I see myself picking the positive aspects of the cards, so I would like to hear others' version of these cards. Thanks so much for any help.

Barleywine

Were you able to discern any narrative flow from the string of individual card meanings that might point to a conclusion? I'll lay this out and see what it tells me, but I'm interested in what it told you from a "big picture" perspective as well.

Ruby Jewel

Were you able to discern any narrative flow from the sting of individual card meanings that might point to a conclusion? I'll lay this out and see what it tells me, but I'm interested in what it told you from a "big picture" perspective as well.

Hi Barleywine, and thanks for your help. The flow feels like this:

Top 3 cards: the Gentleman on the horse is bringing me a message about my health (tree). The Garden says that he works with many people whose health is his concern. This is true. I have encountered several people who swear by him and recommend him.

Middle 3 cards: Clover speaks about the success I have already experienced with him, which is that he put my arthritic knee joint back in place and it no longer bothers me...in fact has allowed me to proceed on a rehab program of my own at home. Together, I am improving a lot...very lucky indeed. The Cloud speaks of my confusion which comes because people who care about me see that I am taking a major beating. But, more importantly, the tingling in my face and head when I lay down has me worried it might be because of the hit on the head he gave me last Tuesday. This kind of treatment he says is to get nerves, tendons and lymph working again. Path says I have reached a point because of the confusion that requires a decision on my part...a life-changing decision. This is true. I could barely get around because my hip and back were so far out of alignment. At the moment, I am practicing at home what is called "Sitting Well" which is just sitting in proper alignment for an hour...which has been extremely painful, but I'm doing it, and the transmformation is amazing. The point being that if I want a life I have to make the right decision.

Bottom 3 cards: Tower represents both the clinic and my spine which is the source of all my problems. The Scythe appeared in a reading I did last week before I went to see him which was very similar with the Mountain, Scythe, Tower, Coffin, Fish. I interpreted it as the blockage (Mountain) being cut through by the scythe, and the tower representing the spine problem as being over by the Coffin. My lower back pain was gone after his treatment. Afterwards I went to the local atheletic club and swam 40 laps in the pool. An amazing reading that was absolutely correct. So, now I am once again drawing Scythe and Tower, but this time with the ring, which says to me the treatment is going to be a positive outcome...keep repeating your visits. So, I'm reading the bottom line that says the Tower is the Clinic, the Scythe is the doctor, and the ring as saying it is positive. When I knight the Ring it comes up Clover.

When I knight the Scythe it comes up the Rider and the Garden, both referring to the doctor, so I feel as though the Scythe is the doctor who represents repeating his actions, which are quite painful. (have you ever had your toes straightened? laugh).

As for the tingling, I have been feeling it all over my body, particularly in my thighs when I stand a long time. So, I am inclined to think the tingling in my head and face is from the stiffness and tightness in neck and shoulder. I have begun doing neck stretches while I sit, so I feel like the tingling may have to do with that, and not nerve damage from the knuckle hit the doctor gave me on the head.

snowmoon

I am seeing a doctor who practices a form of acupressure that is quite radical. He has helped a lot of people, but we go through a lot of pain having toes adjusted, getting flattened with blows to our backs, or having our joints put back in place...we are usually covered with bruises and swollen feet or hands.....he has already fixed my knee and lower back, but last week he hit me on the head with his knuckle to bring a nerve back and now I am having tingling in my face and head when I lay on my cheek, which could be either my stiff neck and shoulders which I have just begun to work on myself, or else nerve damage to my head. I am having difficulty deciding whether to continue with this doctor...who generously allows me to pay what I can afford....or to stop seeing him. I drew 9 cards with the question of whether or not to continue. Any help with this reading is appreciated.

1 Rider = going to see the doctor
2 Tree = health issues
3 Garden = public service
4 Clover = short-term success (my knee and lower back)
5 Cloud = my indecision
6 Path = life changing choice
7 Tower = clinic, spine work (my back is the health issue)
8 Scythe = doctor, repeated action, tingling or pins and needles sensation, rough treatment
9 Ring = positive outcome, repeating visits

I'm a novice at Lenormand, and I see myself picking the positive aspects of the cards, so I would like to hear others' version of these cards. Thanks so much for any help.

hi,

cloud, path, ower

you are doubt to go to the hospital.

scythe , ring,

the agreement is broken.

i don't know if you read the blade of the scythe or not.

i would still say continue to go to see the doctor because it is under a health issue...

Barleywine

This spread seems a bit more cautionary than otherwise. The Clouds at the center and touching all of the other cards gives an impression of overriding uncertainty to all aspects of the situation. Rider + Tree + Garden suggests health-related news from a public health practitioner (literally, a "hospital" but possibly at a spa or holistic healing center); Tree together with Garden is a fortunate combination, but with the Rider it could mean delivery of assurances rather than concrete demonstration of improvement. Clover + Clouds + Paths indicates uncertain fortune related to an important decision (Clover becomes negative in close proximity to the Clouds); Clouds + Path show the need to tread carefully, and the possibility of a misstep. (According to Andy B. "Whatever touches the Clouds in a reading becomes troublesome and problematic.") Tower + Scythe + Ring speaks of cutting off your contract (your patient status) with the institution ("clinic").

Helen's Lenormand Dictionary has some relevant observations about the health-related aspects of these cards: Rider = lower legs, knees, feet; Tree = brain; Garden = immune system; Clover = homeopathy; Clouds = imbalance, difficult diagnosis; Path = diagnosis, tests and specialized treatment options; Tower = back and spine, hospital (with Tree, here knighted); Scythe = acute pain, surgery (with Tree); Ring = diagnosis and treatment with a high success rate. The repeated mention of the word "hospital" makes me think there may be a need to consult a larger institution of medicine, where effective treatment and recovery will occur.

Did your physician hit you at the base of the skull with his knuckle? The spinal cord is vulnerable to injury at that point, and the related medulla oblongata has a connection to motor control.

Ruby Jewel

This spread seems a bit more cautionary than otherwise. The Clouds at the center and touching all of the other cards gives an impression of overriding uncertainty to all aspects of the situation. Rider + Tree + Garden suggests health-related news from a public health practitioner (literally, a "hospital" but possibly at a spa or holistic healing center); Tree together with Garden is a fortunate combination, but with the Rider it could mean delivery of assurances rather than concrete demonstration of improvement. Clover + Clouds + Paths indicates uncertain fortune related to an important decision (Clover becomes negative in close proximity to the Clouds); Clouds + Path show the need to tread carefully, and the possibility of a misstep. (According to Andy B. "Whatever touches the Clouds in a reading becomes troublesome and problematic.") Tower + Scythe + Ring speaks of cutting off your contract (your patient status) with the institution ("clinic").

Helen's Lenormand Dictionary has some relevant observations about the health-related aspects of these cards: Rider = lower legs, knees, feet; Tree = brain; Garden = immune system; Clover = homeopathy; Clouds = imbalance, difficult diagnosis; Path = diagnosis, tests and specialized treatment options; Tower = back and spine, hospital (with Tree, here knighted); Scythe = acute pain, surgery (with Tree); Ring = diagnosis and treatment with a high success rate. The repeated mention of the word "hospital" makes me think there may be a need to consult a larger institution of medicine, where effective treatment and recovery will occur.

Did your physician hit you at the base of the skull with his knuckle? The spinal cord is vulnerable to injury at that point, and the related medulla oblongata has a connection to motor control.

No, it was on top of the head that he hit me. This is an interesting interpretation. I will take another look at these cards with this viewpoint and get back. Thanks Barleywine.

Ruby Jewel

hi,

cloud, path, ower

you are doubt to go to the hospital.

scythe , ring,

the agreement is broken.

i don't know if you read the blade of the scythe or not.

i would still say continue to go to see the doctor because it is under a health issue...

Thanks for your response here. Yes, I do read the direction of the scythe, which in this case is pointing at the Tower (Lenormand) which could be my spine. I see Barleywine and you are pretty much in agreement. the Overall energy is represented by the Cloud, and I am quite confused...the treatment seems a bit too abusive and scary, and frankly, I think I can handle my problems from here on out. I will do a second reading here before I make the decision under a new thread. Thanks again.

Ruby Jewel

Barleywine, I did a second reading this issue posing a different question. I hope you take a look at it. I am most likely going to go it alone and drop the doc....it is all too confusing just as the Cloud indicates...the whole issue .... not necessarily wrong, just too darn confusing to take a chance. Anyway, maybe the second reading will clarify this issue. Thanks.