Heart+man+lady?

olivia1

Hi all. I'm planning on visiting a guy I met awhile back ago. He lives a few states away. I'm not sure if It's a good idea as I don't know anyone out there but him. I asked the cards how it would go for me if I go visit. I pulled 3 from the blue bird deck at random and got:

Heart+man+lady

I would imagine the heart is saying it'll be a lovely trip and I might actually develop feelings for him. However the man is closer to the heart so do you think that he will be more into it than me? In the draw, the man faces the woman but she has her back to him. I suppose the lady represents me so I suppose the cards are saying this trip will make what we have stronger? I like him just fine and find him to be very very handsome. I enjoy his attention but I don't have romantic feelings for him. I'm not opposed to him I'm just not hung up on him. I'm only considering this because I promised him I'd come and he's paying for the ticket.

How would you read this?

eta: he just called to tell me he might come to me instead since I'm showing some hesitation but I'm still curious to see how you'd read this :)

Barleywine

I think you make a good point. If the Heart was between the Man and the Lady it would be easier to see it as shared romantic feelings. Heart + Man suggests his passion or loving intentions, while Man + Lady could be read simply as a connection of some kind between you. I don't read facing in Lenormand, but the Lady turned away from the Man could certainly mean a desire not to get drawn into his "heart-space."

olivia1

I think you make a good point. If the Heart was between the Man and the Lady it would be easier to see it as shared romantic feelings. Heart + Man suggests his passion or loving intentions, while Man + Lady could be read simply as a connection of some kind between you. I don't read facing in Lenormand, but the Lady turned away from the Man could certainly mean a desire not to get drawn into his "heart-space."

Thank you! I think right now he is more into this than I am. Thank you for teaching me a new way to read. Does each card draw on the previous card and the card after it? I ask because you read heart+ man then man+woman

snowmoon

Heart+man+lady

which method do you use for 3 cards?

i would say man with lady, if you guys are not in a relationship, then it means you guys are just know each other.

i would read it as a similarly(love card) between you two.

Barleywine

Thank you! I think right now he is more into this than I am. Thank you for teaching me a new way to read. Does each card draw on the previous card and the card after it? I ask because you read heart+ man then man+woman

Yes, it's customary to read them as a kind of sentence, with each card interacting with the card before in an "A+B+C" manner. In addition to seeing the center card as the focus, this can show a past/present/future scenario as well, but it doesn't have to be. It can also be read as an influence that has less of a hold on you (to the left) and one that is increasing in importance (to the right). Here, "romance" is the issue (Heart) and it's being filtered through the Man's perceptions and intentions, to be delivered to the Lady. The fact that she is turning away could be showing you asserting your independence.

olivia1

Yes, it's customary to read them as a kind of sentence, with each card interacting with the card before in an "A+B+C" manner. In addition to seeing the center card as the focus, this can show a past/present/future scenario as well, but it doesn't have to be. It can also be read as an influence that has less of a hold on you (to the left) and one that is increasing in importance (to the right). Here, "romance" is the issue (Heart) and it's being filtered through the Man's perceptions and intentions, to be delivered to the Lady. The fact that she is turning away could be showing you asserting your independence.

Thank you! Sorry for late reply. Sorry to sound slow but is romance/ heart the issue because it's the only subject card? And thank you for teaching me that each card interacts with cards before it. I had no idea

olivia1

Heart+man+lady

which method do you use for 3 cards?

i would say man with lady, if you guys are not in a relationship, then it means you guys are just know each other.

i would read it as a similarly(love card) between you two.

Just to make sure I'm understanding, you would read a man and woman next to each other as knowing each other? Kind of like if a dog were pulled? Interesting. Well maybe if I spent time with him I'd grow attached but as of now I don't feel love or anything short of physical attraction towards him. To be honest he's not on paper someone I'd want for a long term partner. Thank you

Barleywine

Thank you! Sorry for late reply. Sorry to sound slow but is romance/ heart the issue because it's the only subject card? And thank you for teaching me that each card interacts with cards before it. I had no idea

To quote Andy Boroveshengra, in an "A-B-C" line of three cards read as a sentence, "A sets the subject, B tells us about A, C tells us more about what A-B denotes."

Caitlin Matthews says: "Three cards are commonly read in forward narration, just as they show up in order: Card 1 + card 2 + Card 3. If the first card is the subject, then card two describes it and card three says a little more. If the middle card is the subject, then cards one and three describe it."

It comes down to personal preference, and I prefer the forward narration approach.

olivia1

To quote Andy Boroveshengra, in an "A-B-C" line of three cards read as a sentence, "A sets the subject, B tells us about A, C tells us more about what A-B denotes."

Caitlin Matthews says: "Three cards are commonly read in forward narration, just as they show up in order: Card 1 + card 2 + Card 3. If the first card is the subject, then card two describes it and card three says a little more. If the middle card is the subject, then cards one and three describe it."

It comes down to personal preference, and I prefer the forward narration approach.

I learned something new because of your post. Thank you for taking the time.