Help - Love reading

thekillingmoon

Well, I was pulling some cards for a friend, related to a guy she is in love, her question was "will we have a relationship, will we stay together ? " I got: "Man (28) - Ring (25) - Lily (30)", my answer was "That's for sure! The man in this spread is the guy you're interested, the ring points to a couple with a strong foundation, and lily shows a stable, peaceful long-term relationship between you." I would like some help, perhaps there are more ways to read this combo, I feel like my answer was too short.

thekillingmoon

No one ?

silvereye

Any chance it could be interpreted as the man is already committed (ring) in a long term relarionship (lily)... just being devils advocate here. Has she checked if he s single?

Noni

Hi
I focus on the question so considering the question "will we stay together?"
Its more likely that they will. The cards indicate she and this man (Man card) will have a committed (Ring) sexual (lily) relationship. If the nature of the relationship is already sexual then the Ring might indicate it will stay the same (go round in circle no change). Lily can indicate harmony but not stable relationship necessarily.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
:)

Joon

This is really two separate questions:

1. "will we have a relationship,
2. will we stay together ? "

The second depends on the first. Working with what you've got here:

Will we have a relationship? Yes/no question. From Andy B, I learned to answer this with the cards being placed on a scale from positive to negative. Cards 28 and 29 have no value.

Man (28) - Ring (25) - Lily (30)

The Ring and Lily are both neutral, with Lily sliding a bit more to the positive - or it can be pulled that way by cards around it. I don't see this as a "yes" to the first question.

We can then read the triplet as to why there will not be a relationship. I would go with silvereye's answer, or it might be that there will not be a relationship because he is committed to a family.

ETA: Your answer is not too short for a Lenormand reading of 3 cards! :)

thekillingmoon

Hi
I focus on the question so considering the question "will we stay together?"
Its more likely that they will. The cards indicate she and this man (Man card) will have a committed (Ring) sexual (lily) relationship. If the nature of the relationship is already sexual then the Ring might indicate it will stay the same (go round in circle no change). Lily can indicate harmony but not stable relationship necessarily.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
:)

As far as I know they are still on flirting period, haven't laid down yet. But, thanks. It surely helped.

This is really two separate questions:

1. "will we have a relationship,
2. will we stay together ? "

The second depends on the first. Working with what you've got here:

Will we have a relationship? Yes/no question. From Andy B, I learned to answer this with the cards being placed on a scale from positive to negative. Cards 28 and 29 have no value.

The Ring and Lily are both neutral, with Lily sliding a bit more to the positive - or it can be pulled that way by cards around it. I don't see this as a "yes" to the first question.

We can then read the triplet as to why there will not be a relationship. I would go with silvereye's answer, or it might be that there will not be a relationship because he is committed to a family.

ETA: Your answer is not too short for a Lenormand reading of 3 cards! :)

Thank you!

Any chance it could be interpreted as the man is already committed (ring) in a long term relarionship (lily)... just being devils advocate here. Has she checked if he s single?

Yep! And he is single.

snowmoon

for 3 card, which card do you use as focus?

the man could be with someone for a long time.

some people use whip as sexual so i don't read it as sexual relationship.

ThtDancerGuy

Well, I was pulling some cards for a friend, related to a guy she is in love, her question was "will we have a relationship, will we stay together ? " I got: "Man (28) - Ring (25) - Lily (30)", my answer was "That's for sure! The man in this spread is the guy you're interested, the ring points to a couple with a strong foundation, and lily shows a stable, peaceful long-term relationship between you." I would like some help, perhaps there are more ways to read this combo, I feel like my answer was too short.

Hi thekillingmoon,

I think you hit the nail right on the head, no further explanation needed! With Lenormand, especially with just 3 cards, the line reads very directly and simply, often with literally just a sentence or two's worth of an answer given. But that is the whole point of the Lenormand: its simplicity and direct manner. It doesn't drag on or say more than is necessary. It answers only your direct clear question and does not go off into detail, and for yes/no questions, which is what your friend's question is, it really comes down to just a simple yes or no, no explanation needed. So don't feel like you have to elaborate and expand upon anything; as long as you are answering the question you are giving a good reading.

The only thing I would say that I might say differently about the cards you pulled is this: you are correct in that the cards are saying that they will be together (Man = the guy + Ring = relationship), but Lilies is actually saying but it won't happen for a long time. Lilies is a timing card, signifying a long time [away] and the need for patience. And since your friend did not ask a time frame (...in the next 3 months?) the Lilies is giving you the time, that it is going to take a long time to happen. That's my only critique. Other than that, you're good. :D