Help with a dream

spinnachie

My cousin texted me today with a dream she had last night. She had a dream of our cousin R (who recently passed away). Her dream is as follows:

"I fell asleep on the couch and I dream of R's brother, his brothers wife and R's ex wife. We were at some condo and R was sitting next to G but G couldn't see him. I was telling them he is right there but no one else saw him. I'm not sure where the basket of eggs comes into play but one of the eggs in this basket hatched a duck which I put the hen ouside to take care of the duck for whatever reason. I then woke up but when I woke up I'm not sure if I was still in a dream or not, like I woke up from the dream, froze on my couch and R comes down from a hole in the ceiling with some shadowed guy standing at the end of the couch I was sleeping on. He pulls out this huge ladder and leans it up over me diagonally. So I'm laying under it and with the longest constant straight face stare, he starts climbing this ladder going up through another hole in the ceiling, then I lay there frozen and couldn't move. It felt like I was waking up all over again"

I don't even know where to begin with interpreting this...I was wondering if anyone can offer me some guidance on how to interpret it or offer my some suggestions...
Any input is appreciated

Sentient

spinnachie, sorry to hear of your loss.

Your cousin consciously knows that R is gone, but her unconscious mind hasn't gotten the message. This accounts for the phenomenon of R being there, but only she can see him. His spirit is still present, she can feel it, but others who only perceive reality with their eyes cannot.

Eggs are a symbol of rebirth. Your cousin's unconscious mind has sent this symbol to help her transition from grief and loss she's experiencing to new growth and possibilities. But she doesn't recognize this growth as coming from the Self; instead she perceives it as other (in Jungian terms, "ego-alien"). This is why she gives the duck to the hen "outside," in other words, outside the Self.

The duck is one of the few creatures at home on water, land and air. It is a symbol of multiple modes of existence integrated in one. It suggests almost infinite growth possibilities for your cousin, assuming she can accept and amplify it. At this point it is in the earliest stages; it is still rather deep in the unconscious. If it was closer to consciousness it would have been an animal; closer still a human child. So, she has some work to do if she wants to cooperate with this new possibility.

The ladder and holes in the ceiling represent your cousin's unconscious mind's attempt to describes R's coming and going from the afterlife, from "heaven" above. Most cultures believe the spirit ascends after death and must come back down if it wishes to visit the material world.

The false waking indicates that your cousin can't believe R is really gone. Sometimes when something terrible happens it doesn't seem real; we have an impulse to wake up from the horror. R's constant stare is the reality of death staring your cousin in the face. Faced with the nearness of something so terrible we all tend to freeze; few of us respond rationally to the idea of nonexistence.

I hope your family is able to find peace.

spinnachie

Thank you for the interpretation sentient...it's funny because when you have dreams like these a part of you worries as if there is something you need to know...but once you figure out what it means it's more often then not nothing to worry about!!!

If I can ask...what do you mean by multiple modes of existence? I'm not sure I understand that portion of the interpretation...

Also do you think there is any significance to the shadowed being that was with him?

Thank you again for this as well as the condolences and kind words...his death was a big shock to us all...none of us can really believe it happened to be honest
..it still feels like he's still here

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Saskia

My cousin texted me today with a dream she had last night. She had a dream of our cousin R (who recently passed away). Her dream is as follows:

"I fell asleep on the couch and I dream of R's brother, his brothers wife and R's ex wife. We were at some condo and R was sitting next to G but G couldn't see him. I was telling them he is right there but no one else saw him. I'm not sure where the basket of eggs comes into play but one of the eggs in this basket hatched a duck which I put the hen ouside to take care of the duck for whatever reason. I then woke up but when I woke up I'm not sure if I was still in a dream or not, like I woke up from the dream, froze on my couch and R comes down from a hole in the ceiling with some shadowed guy standing at the end of the couch I was sleeping on. He pulls out this huge ladder and leans it up over me diagonally. So I'm laying under it and with the longest constant straight face stare, he starts climbing this ladder going up through another hole in the ceiling, then I lay there frozen and couldn't move. It felt like I was waking up all over again"

To me it sounds quite straightforward. Your cousin knows R has transformed into something else (the duckling out of the egg), is being cared for (the hen) and thought about by his family members still, who are of "different species" now (still alive, whereas R is dead). R has moved on to the next level (hole in the ceiling) but was able to visit your cousin in the dream state.

This can be your cousin's subconscious talking, or it can be R showing himself to her to remind that he's all right, he's just in another form of existence now. Was the shadowy guy threatening or neutral? It could just mean R is accompanied by discarnate beings (angels, loved ones) or it could symbolise your cousin's fears about what the otherworld or death are like. Does this make sense?

Deepest condolences to your family :love:

spinnachie

To me it sounds quite straightforward. Your cousin knows R has transformed into something else (the duckling out of the egg), is being cared for (the hen) and thought about by his family members still, who are of "different species" now (still alive, whereas R is dead). R has moved on to the next level (hole in the ceiling) but was able to visit your cousin in the dream state.

This can be your cousin's subconscious talking, or it can be R showing himself to her to remind that he's all right, he's just in another form of existence now. Was the shadowy guy threatening or neutral? It could just mean R is accompanied by discarnate beings (angels, loved ones) or it could symbolise your cousin's fears about what the otherworld or death are like. Does this make sense?

Deepest condolences to your family :love:

No the shadowy guy was neutral. It does make sense though...I thought that might be the case with the shadowy guy...but because he was "shadowy" I may have over thought things lol
It does make sense, my cousin is like me and she over thinks things too...so when she told me this dream you can imagine the both of us with our over thinking, we came up with scenarios I tell ya! lol

Thanks Saskia! :)