Help with : Book - Mice - Man

samantha

I have another three card draw here.

My question was : What can I expect to happen the next time I meet X ?

With the enchanted lenormand : Book - Mice - Man

X is a male acquaintance so I'm assuming that this is him.

Book - Man : A shy man (a studious man ?)
Mice - Man : An anxious man
Book - mice : A worrying secret or A partially revealed secret

Book - Mice - Man : X will show he is anxious about his studies (exams ?)
X will reveal something to me (possibly something which has been worrying him)
X will be anxious and secretive.
X will worry about something he needs to keep secret.

Any other way to read these ?

sweetcherise13

You've come up with some great interpretations Samantha. :thumbsup:

I'm still very much a beginner at Lenormand but I'm seeing:

Book: secrets
Mice: eating away
Man: the man in question

Could it be:

There are secrets eating away at him.

I think you touched upon this interpretation but this is how I interpret it.
There's many more fluent Lenormand readers that may jump in with more insightful ways to interpret this. :)

samantha

Thankyou for chiming in here ! I consider myself a beginner too :)

Do you (always) give the greatest weight/focus to the first card ? I've always read from right to left. Sometimes I can get the same meaning if I invert the order, but not always; depends on the cards.

sweetcherise13

Do you (always) give the greatest weight/focus to the first card ? I've always read from right to left. Sometimes I can get the same meaning if I invert the order, but not always; depends on the cards.

In reading it as a sentence, as a three card line, I read it left to right.
If I activate a focus card (such as for work, love etc.) I keep that as the central focus but still reading a line left to right like a sentence. Just emphasising the focus on the given topic and not interpreting on anything other than that chosen topic, whether it is a specific card or question that is being interpreted.
That's how I understand reading a line spread of 3 or more anyway. I'm definitely still in the learning stage though.

celticnoodle

I think you're on the right track. I see it as a man (your guy "X") will be stressed out about something, (mice) - but secretive about it, (book). This is how I read it. So, if he seems a bit stressed out over something and not wanting to share it with you--don't be surprised or upset yourself.

zhadee

The Book works like a defence or a guard, you won't learn a thing unless he wishes to share it with you. This may also work like a cover - trained friendliness. Telling much without saying a thing.
Mice can be nagging - he might be stressed out and appear short tempered.
Mice can be dirty - it's a 'dirty' secret.
Mice make things smaller - he won't have much time, he'll be busy.

zhadee

I put great focus on the first card, that's why I alway put it in the middle :D then I sort of 'group' the other cards around it.

samantha

SweetCherise: Thankyou for the clarification. I'm assuming 'activate' is the same as 'charging' - Something I have yet to do ! (the largest number of cards I've used was a 3x3 - and that was sufficient !)

CN: Thankyou for your thoughts too :) lol , If he keeps his stress hidden it's going to be difficult for me to verify these cards one way or the other !! Mice are usually quiet (?) maybe that will be the sign, or perhaps a *closed off* (book) countenance ?
We all seem to agree that something is making him anxious; I guess I could pull some more cards to find out what that is.

samantha

The Book works like a defence or a guard, you won't learn a thing unless he wishes to share it with you. This may also work like a cover - trained friendliness. Telling much without saying a thing.
Mice can be nagging - he might be stressed out and appear short tempered.
Mice can be dirty - it's a 'dirty' secret.
Mice make things smaller - he won't have much time, he'll be busy.

Thankyou. I like the idea of the book cover - rather like a mask ? He can be a poker face so that's possible. Tho I think you are suggesting a more Machiavellian character here ?? It's possible ...
mice as 'dirty secret' , also very good ! (Tho possibly not very good for me if it turns out to be so - still, forewarned it is. )
Mice can definitely diminish. Time shouldn't be an issue tomorrow unless something has changed that I don't know about.

Anyway, I will report back on this as soon as I can.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood the cover part. Now I get it.

samantha

Just had another thought. Tweaking this slightly :

X is anxious because of lack of information or knowledge ?

Is this one possible ??

Sorry, I can't refrain from reading towards the left :D !