Help with dream images that came to life recently

ScorpioRegen

Do any of you lovely people have any interpretations that can help me out here...

About 4 weeks ago I dreamt about foxes, I was in a kind of woodland and basically the other foxes scarpered at my presence except 1 that stangely jumped up in a coil in front of me. There was no confrontation with it in the dream it was just really unusual how it coiled in the jump and it looked directly at me.

Anyhow...2 days ago about 11pm I was in my bedroom with my blind up of which is usually down as itsa blackout blind. My security light came on in the yard and as I looked out there was a fox in the garden. This is rather odd as I have 6ft plus fences all the way around the property. On watching the fox it walked along the bottom of the garden but then as it came closer to the house it suddenly jumped up on the fence in a funny coiled position trying to negotiate its escape. The fox then jumped back into the garden and moved over to the other side where it jumped up on to the shed and into next doors garden.

Do you think this means anything or just coincidence? Ive searched the net and theres conflicting interpretations and nothing that relates to it actually manifesting?
Apreciate any enlightenment to if this is symbolic in anyway and what it would mean.......

violetdaisy

I don't have any specific answers for you, but I have questions you can ask yourself that may help you determine what it means for you.

Do you often dream of animals? If so, do they have anything in common? If you don't usually dream of animals did this one seem to be more than it appeared (eyes that seem to hold deep knowing etc.)? How did you feel in the dream during that part and how did you feel when you saw one in your back yard? Are you usually more of a day bird or night owl? Do you admire foxes (for grace, cunning etc.) or do you see them as pests (stealing chickens etc.)? It may be trying to bring your attention to something either literally in your backyard or something else you're neglecting or in contrast obsessing about.

stone_lotus

I think the fact that the fox appeared twice, once in your dream and once in real life, simply highlights the fact that it's trying to give you a message that it doesn't feel you've received or quite "gotten" yet. So it's good you're asking!

How to figure out what it means? I thought violetdaisy had some good suggestions:

Do you often dream of animals? If so, do they have anything in common? If you don't usually dream of animals did this one seem to be more than it appeared (eyes that seem to hold deep knowing etc.)? How did you feel in the dream during that part and how did you feel when you saw one in your back yard? Are you usually more of a day bird or night owl? Do you admire foxes (for grace, cunning etc.) or do you see them as pests (stealing chickens etc.)? It may be trying to bring your attention to something either literally in your backyard or something else you're neglecting or in contrast obsessing about.

Also, I have a copy of Ted Andrew's "Animal-Speak Pocket Guide" that I consult whenever I have an unusual encounter with an animal, either in the dream or waking world (cuz both are equally symbolic, I think). Anyway his entry for "fox" is "Situations are shifting; magic is afoot. Do not reveal too much of your plans. Look to what might be camouflaged around you". Hope that helps!

Another thought: you might wanna examine tarot cards featuring foxes in any of the decks you have, as this could provide further clues. The 7 of Swords from Wild Unknown springs to mind.

ScorpioRegen

I don't have any specific answers for you, but I have questions you can ask yourself that may help you determine what it means for you.

Thank you violetdaisy, I had't thought of it that way due to thinking of dream interpreatation 'typology' of something cunning or underhand and sneaky happening. Upon doing what you recommended I actually like foxes I think they are great survivors and providers, i see them asgraceful.( I grew up in the country from a young age now live in the city so miss wildlife been on your doorstep a lot)
When I saw it in my back yard I felt a rush of sudden excitement and wanted to go down stairs and observe through the patio window in the dark. I havent felt that kind of excitement since I was a kid. I kind of disbelieved it was in the yard at first. I also remembered after posting to add that I had seen a fox midday whilst walking the dog. He walked straight across the field stopped to look at me and carried on. I discounted this though as I felt he was in his natural habitat and we were the intruders as it were.

I think it might represent the need to be more adaptable to my circumstances 'wily' maybe I sense theres things been hidden from me or camouflaged as stonelotus commented. Maybe I will need the foxes ways to get a job in a new field that I have qualified in? Im trying to do a career change thats proving very challenging. Im also a night owl naturally and have to force myself to be a day bird for practical reasons.

ScorpioRegen

"Situations are shifting; magic is afoot. Do not reveal too much of your plans. Look to what might be camouflaged around you". Hope that helps!Another thought: you might wanna examine tarot cards featuring foxes in any of the decks you have, as this could provide further clues. The 7 of Swords from Wild Unknown springs to mind.
Hi stonelotus,
I really like the idea of this book, straight away the comments resonate along with the self questions from violetdaisy. I have some sensitive and important things going on right now and fully understand the reference to situations are shifting, definately some magic going on coincidences and so forth. The need to NOT reveal too much refers to my interviews for new job I think as mentioned to violet daisy. Im finding that I get rejected on been overqualified, instead of been open and saying we dont want to take you on as we know you wont stay long. All of which is true I have to start somewhere. I take the advice of that which is camouflaged- I feel this may refer to looking for job opportunities in a non conventional manner. Ie approaching companies that are not advertised etc. Iw will keep my eyes open!

Thank you to both of you for your help here, much appreciated

Saskia

Hi ScorpioRegen,

This is just my personal interpretation but I see foxes and cats as symbols of feminine, nurturing, soft touch. Is it possible you need more soft kindness in life and be more nurturing towards yourself or other people? Maybe things have been harsh and you'd need to take better care of yourself: give yourself a hug and a warm blanket to cosily enjoy life in your burrow?

Or, it could be a reminder of the mystical fairytale side of life: notice and enjoy the mystical and metaphysical beauty of signs, nature spirits etc. :)

daphne

Speaking of coincidences, I was just reading a book by Robert Moss on signs "Sidewalk Oracles", when I read your post about foxes.

At the end there is an entire chapter (ch 6) on Fox Tales. As our timing with foxes is striking, I pass this info to you, maybe it is something you can use.

SweetSiren

I think doing some research on the fox instead of its symbolic meaning will bring more to light. Or at the very least be interesting. We often forget we live in this complex world with so many things to learn.

I remember waking up to a large praying mantis on my wall years ago. I saw quite a few of them that week. I don't think they necessarily meant anything, but it did give me this feeling of inspiration and awe. This idea of synchronicity comes from Jung who had a patient with a similar experience to yours. She had a dream about a specific bird, and this bird perched on the windowsill during one of their therapy sessions. She had a breakthrough that day and since then made amazing progress.

The bird itself didn't ignite a specific memory or thought. It was more just... A sign. A stroke of unexplainable inspiration. Whatever that feeling is for you, follow it. It may not be in researching foxes, maybe it leads to something else.

celticnoodle

I didn't read through all the responses, and it can just be a coincidence, or it could be that 'fox' is trying to tell you something.

IF you think the latter is what is happening, then as was mentioned (I think here in one of the posts I skimmed over), you can google the spiritual message of fox--or even the symbolism of fox or take a look in an online (or if you have one at home) dream dictionary.

Basically, from what I know of fox' meaning though--it can indicate a few different things. It can indicate a time when you need to be cunning and quick. So, watch out for something where you need to make a quick decision and do just that.

Fox can also indicate there is someone in your midst who is tricking you or trying to deceive you. So be careful with those around you--including those you have a lot of trust in.

The fox can also be pointing out that there is something you are curious about or perhaps someone is curious with you and what you are doing.

It is good to know though, that the fox is also somewhat of a good luck animal. So, when he shows up, it can also be indicating to you that you are in for some good luck coming your way.

When I read through your dream and then what actually did happen, two things crossed my mind immediately-

(1) Perhaps your intuition/psychic abilities are developing. You saw this happening in a dream and then in your waking life, something very similar occurred. And, having the fox in both in a very close way---could just be pointing to your developing these skills.

I just had a very similar thing occur this morning and then found out minutes later that it came to be true.

(2) It can be a message from the Universe to be aware of your surroundings--as I felt someone in your midst is trying to fool you. Pull one over on you. So, I hope I am wrong--but just be very aware of where you are and what you are doing and who is around you and what they are telling you. Don't take things they say as gospel truth--it may be somewhat shaded--or an outright lie. Just keep your wits about you and stay alert.

good luck. :)

ScorpioRegen

Hi ScorpioRegen,

This is just my personal interpretation but I see foxes and cats as symbols of feminine, nurturing, soft touch. Is it possible you need more soft kindness in life and be more nurturing towards yourself or other people? Maybe things have been harsh and you'd need to take better care of yourself: give yourself a hug and a warm blanket to cosily enjoy life in your burrow?

Or, it could be a reminder of the mystical fairytale side of life: notice and enjoy the mystical and metaphysical beauty of signs, nature spirits etc. :)

Hi Saskia,

I certainly like the idea of less harsh conditions and been able to enjoy my burrow. I think theres a need for less harshness coming around at long last!