Help with my first Lenormand Reading :)

BeyondtheVeil

Hi Everyone!

I received my Blue Bird Lenormand Deck. I always ask my first decks what message they have for me. I pulled the House. I thought that looked good, so I decided to try a 4 card reading practice reading. lol {I probably should wait until I learn the cards better] lol

The lwb said to shuffle the cards and then cut the deck four times. So the cards at the top of the piles were the cards I assume are the reading ones.

So I asked.. Where is the current relationship heading?

I got {in order} Cross{36}, Ship{3}, Birchrod{11}, and Anchor{35}.

Cross -
A cross weaves pain historically sad. A distance too close means tidings are bad. Suffering increase when the cross is near. But burdens can lift if you persevere.

Ship-
A Ship carrying gold, sails straight into view. Lined in it's hold are fortunes for you. If you should travel with a special friend, memories unfurl for years upon end.

Birchrod-
Birchrod brings strife to what should be bliss. To husband and wife all has gone amiss. Prepare for sorrys that dampen the day, Begotten of quarrels that bring much dismay.

Anchor-
The anchor's a sign of a stable event, basked in sunshine secure and content. When the anchor's some distance away from you, Hope will fade and leave life askew.

I'm going to be honest.. I have no idea what a birchrod is, but I know from the poem that it isn't good. lol

So, I think this reading is saying that there are burdens to carry that can be overcome if they persevere.{Cross} That a trip[ship} may be successful and they will make memories but that it may not matter as they argue when they are supposed to be happy. {birchrod}. The anchor is about secure things..so it either means they get to a stable place OR that being [anchored} in their troubles and dismay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did get some other horrible vibe about something happening to a child. I guess because of the photo on the Birchwood card.

What do you guys think it means?

Thanks in advance! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Noni

So I asked.. Where is the current relationship heading?

I got {in order} Cross{36}, Ship{3}, Birchrod{11}, and Anchor{35}.

Hello BeyondtheVeil :)

Congratulations on your first reading, you've done very well :thumbsup:
So these cards might mean (I'm a newbie too!):
That there will be a journey where difficult discussions may come up which are unavoidable and this will increase difficulties in the relationship. The dispute may be about the 'work' or 'job' (or just maybe chores etc) in the relationship or who is putting how much work into this relationship.

As question is 'where it is heading' it would be that its heading towards difficult discussions that are unavoidable; making this relationship work will be challenging, would require overcoming disputes.

Hope this helps!

BeyondtheVeil

Noni

Hello BeyondtheVeil :)

Congratulations on your first reading, you've done very well :thumbsup:
So these cards might mean (I'm a newbie too!):
That there will be a journey where difficult discussions may come up which are unavoidable and this will increase difficulties in the relationship. The dispute may be about the 'work' or 'job' (or just maybe chores etc) in the relationship or who is putting how much work into this relationship.

As question is 'where it is heading' it would be that its heading towards difficult discussions that are unavoidable; making this relationship work will be challenging, would require overcoming disputes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Noni! Your interpretation makes sense. :) I was trying, but that was literally my first reading ever with lenormand. lol I like how you made it flow. :heart:

Thank you for taking the time to respond and help me out! {{HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil

Sharla

Hi BeyondtheVeil & congrats on your first read ��
Is this a love relationship ? If so it's not going anywhere positive ....

Look at the cards, you have 3 very heavy cards...a cross, a ship, and an anchor, which to me shows the heaviness and dragged down - ness being felt.

The birch rod is the whip card which is going back and forth in between ....which means it's stuck it's not getting you anywhere...could be disagreements too that's doesn't get you both anywhere.

The ships wanting to move on from the struggles of the cross but it can't as its then confronted by the whip.....I mean u've not actually explained what sort of a r'ship your on about, but whip could mean sex too, so it could be a sexual Thing going on, but it's just all getting too much now.....i don't mean the sex lol, i mean like the whole situation.

There's like a repeated sabotaging effect going on here, where things are now stuck in this repeating process. Sort of like flogging a dead horse expression.

BeyondtheVeil

Sharla

Hi BeyondtheVeil & congrats on your first read ��
Is this a love relationship ? If so it's not going anywhere positive ....

Look at the cards, you have 3 very heavy cards...a cross, a ship, and an anchor, which to me shows the heaviness and dragged down - ness being felt.

The birch rod is the whip card which is going back and forth in between ....which means it's stuck it's not getting you anywhere...could be disagreements too that's doesn't get you both anywhere.

The ships wanting to move on from the struggles of the cross but it can't as its then confronted by the whip.....I mean u've not actually explained what sort of a r'ship your on about, but whip could mean sex too, so it could be a sexual Thing going on, but it's just all getting too much now.....i don't mean the sex lol, i mean like the whole situation.

There's like a repeated sabotaging effect going on here, where things are now stuck in this repeating process. Sort of like flogging a dead horse expression.

Hi Sharla!

Thanks for responding! {{HUGS}}

It is a "love" relationship. Though looking at it.. it doesn't look like such. :D LOL I don't think this was about sex, but about being stuck in an unhealthy or arguments.

You guys can make the reading flow so smoothly! I definitely sound like I am reading out of the lwb because I am. lol

I said this" So, I think this reading is saying that there are burdens to carry that can be overcome if they persevere.{Cross} That a trip[ship} may be successful and they will make memories but that it may not matter as they argue when they are supposed to be happy. {birchrod}. The anchor is about secure things..so it either means they get to a stable place OR that being [anchored} in their troubles and dismay?

So, could it have been read like that? Meaning that there were Cross to bear{burdens} that can be overcome if they preserve. Blah, Blah, Blah {lol} but that it doesn't matter anyway because they are stuck in the arguments. {going round and round not moving from them}

I'm just trying to see how I would have worded it. lol I'm assuming I will get more comfortable saying longer things once I learn the meanings, etc. How long did it take you?

I agree with your and Noni's takes as that is definitely what is going on and I can only see that continuing!

Thank you for responding and helping me out!! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

RAphrodite

Hi BTY,

People use lenormand cards differently. I perfer to follow a specific system. I like to have this system clear in my head. I learnt spreads from learnlenormand, a few YouTube videos and others on this forum. Having a precise question helps as well. The Rana George book always seemed very good. Do start with only 3 card readings and build from there. I'm a learner myself, happy to exchange ideas on the forum.

Best of luck!

BeyondtheVeil

RAphrodite

Hi BTY,

People use lenormand cards differently. I perfer to follow a specific system. I like to have this system clear in my head. I learnt spreads from learnlenormand, a few YouTube videos and others on this forum. Having a precise question helps as well. The Rana George book always seemed very good. Do start with only 3 card readings and build from there. I'm a learner myself, happy to exchange ideas on the forum.

Best of luck!

Aww.. thank you so much, RAphrodite! I am hoping to have some friendly people to try out my lenormand readings with. I am afraid people will get cranky if I am not perfect, so having people understand that I am practicing and can help me will be awesome!

I try to post on a lot of people's threads with questions to help them get practice. I hope that I help with feedback. I also am looking forward to starting my own lenormand practice reading thread.

I appreciate you being willing to help me out with participating and helping me out! :heart:

Thanks love! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Sharla

Hi Sharla!

Thanks for responding! {{HUGS}}

It is a "love" relationship. Though looking at it.. it doesn't look like such. :D LOL I don't think this was about sex, but about being stuck in an unhealthy or arguments.

You guys can make the reading flow so smoothly! I definitely sound like I am reading out of the lwb because I am. lol

I said this" So, I think this reading is saying that there are burdens to carry that can be overcome if they persevere.{Cross} That a trip[ship} may be successful and they will make memories but that it may not matter as they argue when they are supposed to be happy. {birchrod}. The anchor is about secure things..so it either means they get to a stable place OR that being [anchored} in their troubles and dismay?

So, could it have been read like that? Meaning that there were Cross to bear{burdens} that can be overcome if they preserve. Blah, Blah, Blah {lol} but that it doesn't matter anyway because they are stuck in the arguments. {going round and round not moving from them}

I'm just trying to see how I would have worded it. lol I'm assuming I will get more comfortable saying longer things once I learn the meanings, etc. How long did it take you?

I agree with your and Noni's takes as that is definitely what is going on and I can only see that continuing!

Thank you for responding and helping me out!! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

If you've got cards with phrases on, i'd actually find these off putting....espe when first starting out. Personally id say it would be better to have just plain imagery cards.

Or if these phrases were from the lwb, put it to one side and just go with what you see....you'll find the readings will flow more easily doing this, i've never used the lwb.

You need to get a feel of each individual card first.....

A little tip for you i did when i first started out, is i stepped into the card, and went by what it felt like, how did i feel, how does it feel, how does it smell, is it heavy, fast, moveable, do i feel any pain or emotion, will it be staying there long etc etc....you get my point.

But also you need to have all the traditional meanings also in your head to blend in with.....only a few keywords for each card is needed.

House keywords could be....comfort, home, family, stability...then that's your springboard you use for house to then add other bits onto, including obviously blending the cards next to it into the house....so if whip was next to house, this would change the house into either a brothel lol, or a disruptive household, or even someone who is cleaning the house.....and there's obv another 100 more possibilities of this 2 card combination, and that's where intuition also comes into it.

But this is just how i've done things Beyondtheveil, so you don't have to go by everything i say, but you can take a few tips from here or there and see how they work for you.....as what works for one, may not work for another.

BeyondtheVeil

Sharla

If you've got cards with phrases on, i'd actually find these off putting....espe when first starting out. Personally id say it would be better to have just plain imagery cards.

Or if these phrases were from the lwb, put it to one side and just go with what you see....you'll find the readings will flow more easily doing this, i've never used the lwb.

You need to get a feel of each individual card first.....

A little tip for you i did when i first started out, is i stepped into the card, and went by what it felt like, how did i feel, how does it feel, how does it smell, is it heavy, fast, moveable, do i feel any pain or emotion, will it be staying there long etc etc....you get my point.

But also you need to have all the traditional meanings also in your head to blend in with.....only a few keywords for each card is needed.

House keywords could be....comfort, home, family, stability...then that's your springboard you use for house to then add other bits onto, including obviously blending the cards next to it into the house....so if whip was next to house, this would change the house into either a brothel lol, or a disruptive household, or even someone who is cleaning the house.....and there's obv another 100 more possibilities of this 2 card combination, and that's where intuition also comes into it.

But this is just how i've done things Beyondtheveil, so you don't have to go by everything i say, but you can take a few tips from here or there and see how they work for you.....as what works for one, may not work for another.

Thanks for the tips! I definitely appreciate any tips and help that I can get. The cards themselves have the poems on them. I haven't looked at the lwb except to see if it had any spreads in it. It doesn't except a big one and then the 36 card one. I won't be able to do that for a long time I'm afraid lol

I like that tip. I am just so super nervous and afraid to make a mistake that it kind of shuts down any thoughts. lol I am thinking if I can work up enough nerve to try even one card readings then maybe it would come easier. Though I have heard everyone saying that you need at least three cards in a reading with lenormand. Is this true? I guess for more information to go on, right?

How should the questions be worded with Lenormand? I don't do many, if at all, yes/no questions with Tarot. I heard that lenormand is great with yes/no and timing. I am still trying to learn the meanings, so I wonder how timing works. Maybe they have some list somewhere of timing like they do with combinations? I will have to check that out. How often do people ask about timing? How far out will timing go with lenormand?

You read playing cards. I am thinking that I should buy a pack of regular playing cards to write the names of the Lenormand on them. What do you think? That way maybe I could learn them both at the same time so I don't get confused later on. I learn things weirdly, but sometimes I just need to so I can retain the info.

So sorry for the long response! I hope that you will sit for me when I get the nerve to try to do readings. I find that I learn best by actually giving readings even though I am not perfect on the meanings. {Tarot mainly}.

Thanks again for your help and your response love!! {{HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil